New Tank Challenge

Prev1
Has anyone been able to beat this? I keep getting destroyed. Currently running
Teebo 3* lead lvl 52 (not sure why just because of stealth it doesn't appear to matter though because I'm still getting targeted with basic attacks)
Mace 5* lvl 70
Bacca 5* lvl 70
Poe 4* lvl 70
Royal Guard 3* lvl60

Any help or guidance would be awesome.

Replies

• Options
    I think youre team is alright but theyre just too low stars. If youre looking to actually commit to a character i suggest fives he kills it for me but i do have him maxed out
  • Options
    I have been beating it on auto with:

Old Ben (L) 5* lvl 70
    Poe 6* lvl 72
    Fives 3* lvl 53
    Chewbacca 4* lvl 45
    ST Han 3* lvl 45

I haven't lost yet but I came close once where it was only Old Ben and Fives. It's definitely doable (at least for me) but the problem seems to be his speed has increased and it's harder to put any debuffs on him.
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lol I thought how bad could it be? So I just autoed my way to Mace like usual. Then he started one-hitting all my heroes :s Crazy!
    I just spend 2 million and 2 refreshes to get some gear and levels on my tanks. See how it goes.

Edit: That did the trick. Beat him with Boba (lead), Poe, RG, FOST and chewie. All level 60-72 and gear 7-8
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like this one is out of my reach.
    I've been autoing the previous one with:
    Fives, 5*, level 71
    Chewie, 4*, level 60.
    Royal Guard, 3*, level 30
    Now the Guard doesn't reach Mace with > 50% HP and Mace knocks them down 1, 2, 3.
    Only other tanks I have are level 1 Magnaguard and Jedi Nobody.
  • Options
    Well the new piece of gear isn't usable by any of my characters so it's basically useless.
  • Chewbacchus
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Same problem here. Can auot the previous one without problem. My tank team is
    6* Poe Lv72 g8
    5* Mace Lv60 g7
    5* Fives Lv71 g8
    4* Chewy Lv50 g6
    3* Stormtrooper or 3* Magnaguard.

Im getting close but can't beat him yet. I have enough shards to activate and promote Teebo to 5*. Should have enough gear and mats to get him at least somewhat useful. I guess I'll try that and see how it goes with him leading since that seems to work for others

Edit: Used Teebo (L) and the challenge was pretty easy. Constantly removed his TM and half the team is always stealthed
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where the new gear from the Tank Challenge will be needed? That level 72 Challenge is hard if you have neglected your tank like I have. Just wondering if it's worth the resources to level up some tanks for that new gear.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's trickier for sure. I've beat it three times and lost three times. Using Poe 5*,Chewie 4*, Han 7*, Finn 6*, and Teebo 3*. Maximizing turn meter luck is only way I've found. For example, use Poe's taunt when Mace's turn meter is high; hope Chewie's regular hit will score turn meter reduction; use Teebo regular attack when he's stealth, then taunt when someone is under shatter point debuff.

The gear that's awarded isn't used yet, but a lot of characters need 50+ of them starting at level 82, so good to stock up starting now if you can.

star-wars-galaxy.com/gear/MK-8-Neuro-Saav-Electrobinoculars
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    I did mine with 5* Chewie lv61, 4* Old Ben lv65, 7* Plo lvl70, 5* RG lv59 & 6* Fives lv 72
    I can't do it in auto, only manual. I probably need to level these squad to do the auto.
  • gseth
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Could not beat it at first but after changing the team found it very easy.

Here is what I am using:

Boba Fett (leader) - 70, 4*
    Old Ben - 72, 7*
    Royal Guard - 55, 5*
    Finn - 61, 4*
    Chewbacca - 61, 4*

Old ben helps here, the royal guard stuns/speed reduce mace as well but its very random.
    chrisdaugh wrote: »
    Teebo 3* lead lvl 52 (not sure why just because of stealth it doesn't appear to matter though because I'm still getting targeted with basic attacks)
    Mace 5* lvl 70
    Bacca 5* lvl 70
    Poe 4* lvl 70
    Royal Guard 3* lvl60

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    This makes me realize I'm going to need a 5th tank when I get to the higher levels! I only have 4 right now.... hmmmm
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I came close with:
    Teebo (L) 3* g6
    RG 4* g7
    Chewy 4* g6
    Magnaguard 2* g6
    JKG 2* g5 - DROPPED

I don't see putting any gear or mats into this team for this challange at the moment. RG kept mace stunned and Teebo kept knocking turn meter down until I got him in the red and RG didn't stun and Teebo wasn't stealthed. What's up with the red skull?
  • Options
    Is Teebo worth starring up for this?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Is Teebo worth starring up for this?

Not necessary. He does his thing at 2*.

After trying him for the first time after getting recked with my regular squad, I'm considering staring him up for funsies, but for the challenge 2* is just fine.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I can beat it with
    Teebo(L)- 3*
    Poe- 6*
    Han- 7*
    Obi Wan- 5*
    Fives - 4*

I was surprised how quick Mace was, i feel like he was given a massive buff, also, out of 45 debuffs i tried to apply over 5 matches, none stuck.
    {RotE}
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    Doga wrote: »
    I came close with:
    Teebo (L) 3* g6
    RG 4* g7
    Chewy 4* g6
    Magnaguard 2* g6
    JKG 2* g5 - DROPPED

I don't see putting any gear or mats into this team for this challange at the moment. RG kept mace stunned and Teebo kept knocking turn meter down until I got him in the red and RG didn't stun and Teebo wasn't stealthed. What's up with the red skull?

The red skull means marked for death. You are expose by mace killing you if you don't dispel this effect. You can apply defense with RG.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Out of about 30 hits by my RG, Mace was stunned exactly once. :'(
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

30 hits? How'd you survive that long. Mace does something like 15k damage with his special - and can keep going on finishing blow.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

30 hits? How'd you survive that long. Mace does something like 15k damage with his special - and can keep going on finishing blow.

Seriously.

I'm also wondering why so few stuns. Low gear level? My RG keeps Mace permastunned/slowed.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I did finally win 5, but it took MANY tries (about 15). I even retreated once! lol

Not going to be "auto"ing the tank challenge again anytime soon. And that's a good thing. It's almost like getting a new play mode. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Seriously.

I'm also wondering why so few stuns. Low gear level? My RG keeps Mace permastunned/slowed.

The 30 hits was over several attempts, and yes, my RG is very weak.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    I have been beating it on auto with:

Old Ben (L) 5* lvl 70
    Poe 6* lvl 72
    Fives 3* lvl 53
    Chewbacca 4* lvl 45
    ST Han 3* lvl 45

I haven't lost yet but I came close once where it was only Old Ben and Fives. It's definitely doable (at least for me) but the problem seems to be his speed has increased and it's harder to put any debuffs on him.

Same. I have not lost yet. I use Mace, though, instead of Chewbacca.
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    Options
    No problem with...

MW 7*70
    RG 6*72
    Chewie 7*65
    5s 7*70
    FOS 5*65

Almost lost RG. I can imagine that lower level toons, especially without stun/speed down, might lose.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    I've beaten it 5 of 6 tries with my motley crew of

RG 4* VIII
    Chewie 4* VIII
    ST 3* VIII (lol 51)
    Old Ben 4* VIII
    Poe 5* VIII

I have even taken him on auto (focusing him).
  • Options
    Mace 5* lvl 70
    Bacca 5* lvl 70
    Poe 4* lvl 70
    Royal Guard 3* lvl60

Are you talking about the INT Gear Challenge? Because if so I run a crappy team and can auto it. I use Boba 4* lvl 70 as my leader, Mace at 7* Chewie at 5* lvl 67 Poe at 3* lvl 60 and first order storm trooper 3* lvl 43 and I have no problem facing Mace Windu. Are your characters not geared properly?
  • Options
    71 Old Ben 7* G8
    71 Fives 7* G8
    50 IG-100 Magnaguard 5* G5
    72 Royal Guard 6* G8
    58 Poe 5* G4

Turn meter reduction, speed downs, and stuns are key. Offense down if for some reason he isn't stunned though that hasn't happened yet
  • Options
    Chewy(L): 5*, 61, G6
    RG: 6*, 72, G8
    IG-100: 4*, 65, G8
    Poe: 6*, 62, G6
    Teebo: 7*, 60, G6

My lineup fails about 40% of time on auto
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    Options
    The gear that's awarded isn't used yet, but a lot of characters need 50+ of them starting at level 82, so good to stock up starting now if you can.

star-wars-galaxy.com/gear/MK-8-Neuro-Saav-Electrobinoculars

Gotta love how gear for level 82 is available while gear for level 80 is not...
  • Options
    I starred up Teebo and that did the trick but won't be autoing it again for a while.
  • Options
    I'm doing it with:

Boba(L): 5*, lvl 70, G8
    Poe: 7*, lvl 70, G8
    St. Han: 7*, lvl 70, G8
    Fives: 6*, lvl 72, G9
    Mace: 6*, lvl 70, G8

Easy enough. Wish the reward was better though...