about player stats

Prev1
do you think its good that the planed update will be able to show how many cards are pulled, energy is spent and so on????
its too much privacy, i do not want that EA !!!

Replies

• Options
    Yes, it is good
  • Options
    I don't like that idea. Ist is great to get more informations about wins/losses but with the informations about opened cards, spent credits and energy EA make public how much money someone has put in that game. No one has to know that. That should be privat and only visible for the user himself.
    So EA, stop that nonsense!!! I am a p2p but futurely you won't get any money of me if you show my stats to all the world.
    (And sorry, english isn't my native language)
    Blue It's a trap - German guild - It's a trap Black
  • ExarKun
    164 posts Member
    Options
    It's something Kind of whistleblowing. No one likes whistleblower!
  • Options
    I agree, showing the world what I've opened/spent/played is intrusive to my enjoyment and an invasion of my privacy. The only thing that should need to be shown for guild needs is my character roster and overall strength.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You are embarassed you bought too many/too few packs?

Public info keeps us all honest.

Currently, everyone on the forums is rank #1 and either did it all entirely free, or have spent thousands.

I have nothing to hide, what are you trying to hide?
    Its a pay to win game, no need getting embarassed about paying to win.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Currently, everyone on the forums is rank #1 and either did it all entirely free, or have spent thousands.

Ain't that the truth.
  • Options
    Sure Show more stats that we get more MAD to play vs pay to Winners... I'm happy dont to See it how much money they pay to win vs me.
  • ExarKun
    164 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok just tell me how much do you earn a month.
    Tell me every dhirty secret .

You have not hing to hide
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    RuYouWin wrote: »
    Sure Show more stats that we get more MAD to play vs pay to Winners... I'm happy dont to See it how much money they pay to win vs me.

Difficult to understand, this is. More training do you require.

Soothe yourself with the knowledge that you would be WAY better than them, had you spent the same money.
  • Options
    it may also take into account bronziums, not just chromiums, so numbers might be misleading.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Alita wrote: »
    it may also take into account bronziums, not just chromiums, so numbers might be misleading.

+1
  • Options
    Jeez, everyone that worries about this... No one cares!
  • Options
    It's not a matter of embarrassment, it's of propriety. I would never show you my tax return, why am I being forced to show my virtual returns? Without an opt out, this is too invasive. Everyone can expect to have people toon shaming them in chat on every upgrade choice.
  • Options
    I totaly agree with most of you!
    I would never tell someone how much i earn per month without my wife and the goverment
    This is the reason i do not agree with EA to show third parties how much i have spent for this game and how much i am investier to stay at the top.
    @Timitock i hope thats not your real opinion, seems you are just trolling
    www.teaminstinct.gg
  • ExarKun
    164 posts Member
    Options
    If i want to share my stats, i'll do.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a matter of embarrassment, it's of propriety. I would never show you my tax return, why am I being forced to show my virtual returns? Without an opt out, this is too invasive. Everyone can expect to have people toon shaming them in chat on every upgrade choice.

If people in your guild do that, then you know it's time to find a new guild.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Overly dramatic much? Comparing this info to tax documents is ludicrous.

Also, there is no connection between the game person and the real person unless you announce it yourself.

Also, EA owns all this info and can do with it as it pleases, and you have already agreed to it.
  • Joe_Bruin_420
    159 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You guys act like they're going to give out your credit card or ssn numbers. It's a game so imo the more stats the better to let you follow your progression. I'd like them to go 1 step further and put in an extra stat for #1, top 5, top 10, etc payout ranks.
  • Options
    What is wrong in others knowing how much crystals you have purchased? It doesn't make your chars weaker, neither does it provide any other in-game disadvantage
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    FlowSenSon wrote: »
    I totaly agree with most of you!
    I would never tell someone how much i earn per month without my wife and the goverment
    This is the reason i do not agree with EA to show third parties how much i have spent for this game and how much i am investier to stay at the top.
    @Timitock i hope thats not your real opinion, seems you are just trolling

The two things are not even remotely similar.
    I dont know your name or address or phone number or social from this info. This info can not be used against you.

Of course this is my real opinion. When I lose, I will take comfort in the fact that it isnt my skills that lack, its my wallet.

Plus, you have already agreed to let it happen, so its kinda tough noogies anyway.
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Alita wrote: »

Especially on the other thread that talks about 100K ally point opening of bronziums. If they DO count bronziums? Whew! You'll have pseudo whales all over the place unless they differentiate between them (the packs).

• Options
    That should work like Tinder matchmaking --> both have to agree to get the information about each other or it will be very bad to the game since some people do and must let enjoy their privacy.
    I wouldn't mind but it is possible to make privacy-friendly so why not, they shouldn't try to &€?@ ppl off when they could choose otherwise ;)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    That should work like Tinder matchmaking --> both have to agree to get the information about each other or it will be very bad to the game since some people do and must let enjoy their privacy.
    I wouldn't mind but it is possible to make privacy-friendly so why not, they shouldn't try to &€?@ ppl off when they could choose otherwise ;)

Except this information isnt private. It belongs to EA. And you agreed to let them do what they want with it.

What is your envisioned worst case scenario with this change?
  • Options
    Ok I was just thinking... I bought dooku in the pack early and then I bought the 100 per day 2 times. Happy about that. Now. I'm #1 or #2 each level cap. I've been 1 for at least three months since the start... That makes more than 50000 crystals earned and subsequently spent... This is enough to fake my data I guess and everyone will think I must have spent hundreds... Tell you what? I don't really care and I'm sitting at 2500crystals spending 400-500 per day to farm... Getting #2 sustain that... Gear and gold are the only limitations for ftp because I couldn't precraft a lot of items and I'm slowly farming the farmable...
  • Options

Can' hear that argue about nothing to hide. It is such a killer phrase. Privacy is privacy and should be respected. I have no problem if you want to tell all the world how much you spent. But I want to get the possibility to decide this for myself. It's not the right of EA to decide this for me.
    Blue It's a trap - German guild - It's a trap Black
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Can' hear that argue about nothing to hide. It is such a killer phrase. Privacy is privacy and should be respected. I have no problem if you want to tell all the world how much you spent. But I want to get the possibility to decide this for myself. It's not the right of EA to decide this for me.

But actually, it IS their right.
    Its their game.
    Its their info.
    Its their EULA/TOS
    You agreed when you installed.

What is it you are afraid will happen with this info?
    It has zero connection to your IRL person.

• Options
    I'd add a settings page to control what can be shown, if it isn't added yet. OP is right, this is a privacy issue. At least for what is related to purchases, even if it includes bronzium cards, I think wins/loses and the like are ok, but what you've purchased shouldn't be readily available without consent.
  • Options

Except this information isnt private. It belongs to EA. And you agreed to let them do what they want with it.

What is your envisioned worst case scenario with this change?

As said b4 i don't mind and know what i signed for. I just thought the idea about sharing that kind of knowledge between players should be decided by them. Everyone knows that EA has all our info and can do as they please but that doesn't mean they should.
    Just leaving the thought here bc idea isn't bad and may gain support, you can never know... :)
  • Options
    @Timitock I supposed you didn't, but I went and checked the TOS. It does explicitly say that EA will never share your personal data with third parties without your written consent. Their customers (a.k.a. players) are third parties. So by accepting their TOS, I explicitly accepted that they WILL NOT share this information without my written consent. There is a chance that TOS vary in other countries (I'm in germany), but remember this game is international, and EA has to abide by each country's law, and some countries are pretty restrictive in that sense.

And just to be clear, I couldn't care less, I'm as F2P as it can get, but I understand a lot of people don't want that to be public, neither should they be forced to have it publicly available, according to the TOS.

And stop saying that noone can identify you from a forum/game set of data. It's possible, not easy, but possible with the right set of tools and skills.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    @Timitock I supposed you didn't, but I went and checked the TOS. It does explicitly say that EA will never share your personal data with third parties without your written consent. Their customers (a.k.a. players) are third parties. So by accepting their TOS, I explicitly accepted that they WILL NOT share this information without my written consent. There is a chance that TOS vary in other countries (I'm in germany), but remember this game is international, and EA has to abide by each country's law, and some countries are pretty restrictive in that sense.

And just to be clear, I couldn't care less, I'm as F2P as it can get, but I understand a lot of people don't want that to be public, neither should they be forced to have it publicly available, according to the TOS.

And stop saying that noone can identify you from a forum/game set of data. It's possible, not easy, but possible with the right set of tools and skills.

Key phrase there is "Your Personal Data". The data being displayed is neither yours nor personal.

If someone can identify you, then you have let info slip and that is on you.

Reading is more than just understanding the individual words.

Your PERSONAL data would be name, billing address, card info, DOB, forum handle, etc.

For example, here I am Timitock, would anyone care to tell me who I am in game?
    Get back to me on that.

And what is my IRL name? Good luck finding it on my linked Facebook, because that isnt my name either.

There is no danger or risk, and this is perfectly legal.