Should I go back and farm GS?

I just reached level 70 as a player and I'm generally pretty happy with my A-team (Dooku(L) 5*, Sid 7*, Lumi 7*, JC 7*, and Daka 6*) but I feel like I missed out on some great DPS toons like GS because I was too stubborn to farm them over the "safe" characters I had already going.

In fact, if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably have left JC at 6* and not spent any time on Chewie. (Yes, I am a shameful owner of a 6* Chewie with 47/100 shards to 7* before I stopped. Oh the shame.)

At this point, should I go back and use Cantina energy to farm GS? I would have to take a break from farming Dooku, or at least slow down Dooku's progress, to get GS. Of course I also have to think about the fact that it'll take some time to get him to a star level that makes him relevant at my level. Lastly, I think GS is in the first Cantina level which means the rate of Cantina rewards per energy spent is the lowest.

But even with that said, it seems like GS is one of the elite attackers in this game and the question stands, is it worth it for me to go back and farm him now?

Replies

• Options
    I'd wait until after the upcoming update to make that decision - Dooku is a more prevalent character in the cannon, and much more 'powerful', so I think he's more likely to retain his relative power level (though his leader ability may be changed); while GS is OP compared to more recently balanced heroes, and is a lacky in the films/shows. IMHO GS is more likely to be nerfed, while Dooku's leader ability is more likely to be ~changed~/balanced.

tl;dr: I'd stick with Dooku for now.
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    I asked the same question myself because I never took the time farming GS. I focused on other toons like Dooku, Daka, etc. By the time I was ready to farm GS the Yoda event pop up and I concentrated on getting the jedi squad. Finally, I got 7* Yoda and I started farming GS a few weeks ago and I won't stop until he is 7*. He is closer to 5*. I know the rewards are less than the higher nodes but I think is worth it. I feel GS fits in any squad.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't regret the 7* JC he'll be handy for the Yoda challenge one day.

I would also wait with GS but I think his usefulness will fall more and more once other toons reach gear level 9. That was probably one of the main reasons he became so viable in the first place. So my advice is as others said keep farming Dooku because your team will benefit more from him.
  • Options
    morcsea wrote: »
    I feel GS fits in any squad.

Yes, he does. I miss not having him every day, the ugly bug.

@orange12, I'd suggest waiting for the update which is almost here. Farming him so low will put a serious dent in your credits, Cantina currency and purple mats since you've just reached 70. Devs have confirmed higher drop rates for the mats at higher Cantina nodes. By now, GS is not an indispensable toon like he was pre level unlock. QGJ, Rey, RP etc can easily take his place and bring more to the table. He's still good but not a must have like he was. Maybe the update will make him less relevant. It's just 2 more days. I think someone posted that the update is on Friday.
  • Options
    Dont farm GS no
  • Options
    I use GS all the time and absolutely love him .
  • Options
    GS may be weak in the cannon, bit he has one of the best skins in the game. Somebody worked really hard on that. Can they just throw that away???
  • Options
    Farm your favourite characters and experiment with new strategies. Using the same characters as everyone else can be effective but it isn't always the best method. The meta is here today, gone tomorrow.
  • Options
    GS fits in any squad. Average Health pulls him away from the glass cannons, good damage, nice speed, good droid/critical synergy, easy farmable, lvl 9 equipment... And above all, HE HAVE WINGS, "SHOULDER HORNS" and a little TAIL!!! What else do you need?!?
  • Options
    Why farm GS? Because he is the equivalent of Chuck Norris in SWGOH.

Did you know:

1. GS has counted to infinity, TWICE?
    2. GS does not push himself up, he pushes the earth down.
    3. GS calls Chuck Norris for assist attack.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I just got my GS to 7* a couple days ago; My plan was to update his attacks today but with the pending update I'm going to sit on my mats instead and wait and see what happens. He's not super fast but he isn't slow either and he packs a ginormous punch with decent HP. Seems like he will be less viable post update but we have to wait and see.

I'm totally baffled where to spend my Cantina energy right now as I was going to farm 86 (started yesterday) but now that seems like a terrible idea.
  • Options
    I did. I would wait to see how the update shakes out.
  • Options
    Hyperalloy wrote: »
    Why farm GS? Because he is the equivalent of Chuck Norris in SWGOH.

Did you know:

1. GS has counted to infinity, TWICE?
    2. GS does not push himself up, he pushes the earth down.
    3. GS calls Chuck Norris for assist attack.

Also:
    4. They named a street as Genosian Soldier, but then they had to change it, bkause nobody crosses GS!
    5. Phasers have 3 settings: Stun, kill and Genosian Soldier
    6. GS can pause an online game!!!

• Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RG is the meta
    (ok , non-leader meta?) feel like he's the most used non leader with GS
  • Options
    I don't use RG and finish top 5 every day. I defeat even the teams with the maxed pre-crafted RGs.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    GS is a beast in the Raids. Absolute beast. High speed, OU's himself, and gets assist attack every other turn. When you see the Raid numbers, they speak for themselves. I don't know what other toon will outdo his combo of DPS and survivability against the Rancor. He outdoes my 86 by about 50% on a non-droid team.

If you don't know who to farm in cantina, and you don't have him, GS is not a bad way to go.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    GS is a beast in the Raids. Absolute beast. High speed, OU's himself, and gets assist attack every other turn. When you see the Raid numbers, they speak for themselves. I don't know what other toon will outdo his combo of DPS and survivability against the Rancor. He outdoes my 86 by about 50% on a non-droid team.

If you don't know who to farm in cantina, and you don't have him, GS is not a bad way to go.

+1 GS has been my MVP against Rancor.

Side tipp though: Ewoks are fantastic against the pigs in phase 1, so Chirpa might be an alternative should you not like the bug. Still I recommend GS first though
  • Options
    I'd wait until after the upcoming update to make that decision - Dooku is a more prevalent character in the cannon, and much more 'powerful', so I think he's more likely to retain his relative power level (though his leader ability may be changed); while GS is OP compared to more recently balanced heroes, and is a lacky in the films/shows. IMHO GS is more likely to be nerfed, while Dooku's leader ability is more likely to be ~changed~/balanced.

tl;dr: I'd stick with Dooku for now.

You must not know anything about games like this, the more obscure the character, generally the more powerful. This is done as "fan service" despite being ridiculous. Giant roach out DPS sith lords, *rolls eyes*