I realized something funny today

2Next

Replies

• Options
    djlott wrote: »
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »
    Welcome to Poe, Poggle, GS, Droid teams.
    As soon as Poe turn comes :
    1. You get exposed.
    2. Poggle offense buffs everyone.
    3. GS turn comes right after, shoots and calls ig88. Bam, maxed Ventress bites the dust.
    4. IG86 turn now, shoots and calls GS. Bam, maxed Sid down.
    5. IG88 turn comes (Basically the whole f team went before yours) and Aoe the living carp out of your team.
    6. Did my turn come now? You wish. GS turn again because Poe and his crit overfed him turn meter.
    7. Now your turn really comes (if you don't have more slow heroes like Ventress and enemy don't have hk47 lead) You see the once squishy GS and ig88, not being so squishy anymore and ready to attack any time soon. You say to yourself. Thanks devs for great balance.

PS. This is almost what happened today for me. I'm 74lvl and i run Dooku, Sid, Kylo, Magmatrooper, Ventress. My Ventress got actually one shotted, but my Sid dodged the ig86's assist, though he died right after by ig88's aoe. Needless to say that with dps like Sid, Magmatrooper, Dooku, the battle was lost.

I beat that team all the time. Just switch out one of your guys with Jawa. His AOE will stun droids 75% of the time. Target GS to take him down first. Poggle and Poe have garbage attack, so you don't need to worry about them until the end. After GS attack 86, then 88, and you will win.

Edit: Forgot to mention that QGJ, Lumi, and Sid all attack first blocking GS' assist

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

Have Ahsoka, Asajj, Yoda, IG-86, and JC on the bench to mix it up when needed. Just need about $5m credits to unlock everyone's 7th star.

See @Jaesyn_Beaz ? This is constructive.
    Learn from @JawaJedi441 how not to be a total...

You realize there are threads dedicated to individual characters and the strategies with which to use them, right?

Then point the OP to these threads instead of being a total...
    Again, I suggest you learn from @JawaJedi441

Bruh. I'm sick of all the complaining. Tired of it. Terrible preparation on the part of players does not constitute an emergency on my part. If they want to learn how to play they can do all the investigating, googling, and experimenting I did when I started playing. It's not my job to help whiny complainers. If they want my help they can come to the forum and ask for suggestions on how to beat a mode. Rolling up here and saying stuff is broken and the devs screwed up and all manner of other baseless accusations is not a recipe for a helpful player to be kind to them. Good for jawajedi. He's a nice guy. I've had it with the whining.

I gotta say...+1 to this.

Cool, a math lesson lol.
  • Options
    Honestly all that needs to happen is protection needs to either be reinstated before every battle, which probably won't happen because it'll make GW tremendously easier than pre update, or just get rid of it all together for GW so it becomes what it once was. It is still more than possible to beat GW it is just annoyingly/slightly more time consuming and difficult
  • Options
    1. You get exposed.
    3. GS turn comes right after, shoots and calls ig88. Bam, maxed Ventress bites the dust.
    5. IG88 turn comes (Basically the whole f team went before yours) and Aoe the living carp out of your team.
    6. Did my turn come now? You wish. GS turn again because Poe and his crit overfed him turn meter.
    7. Now your turn really comes (if you don't have more slow heroes like Ventress and enemy don't have hk47 lead) You see the once squishy GS and ig88, not being so squishy anymore and ready to attack any time soon. You say to yourself. Thanks devs for great balance.

PS. This is almost what happened today for me. I'm 74lvl and i run Dooku, Sid, Kylo, Magmatrooper, Ventress. My Ventress got actually one shotted, but my Sid dodged the ig86's assist, though he died right after by ig88's aoe. Needless to say that with dps like Sid, Magmatrooper, Dooku, the battle was lost.

• Options
    I would like to thank the trolls for missing the point. They said they wanted to stop this kind of play for the game to be better. Now that AI does it. The point was not me saying GW is too hard. On point everyone
  • Options
    Idkbruh wrote: »
    Honestly all that needs to happen is protection needs to either be reinstated before every battle, which probably won't happen because it'll make GW tremendously easier than pre update, or just get rid of it all together for GW so it becomes what it once was. It is still more than possible to beat GW it is just annoyingly/slightly more time consuming and difficult

I agree. Protection should refresh like a personal forcefield.
  • Options
    I didn't like it at first either. But what I realized is that I wasn't thinking outside of the box. The GW now forces you to change your Toons in and out and "match up". You can't run an A and B team as much. For me, tonight was a first time I reached the last fight in a couple weeks.

Here is my current team, a battle and where it got tougher. Fortunately Yoda maintained the strength for my team, made it to the last node.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Options
    I can finish GW with a single team most of the time. I'm f2p so I'm always confused with people complaining on this subject.

Luminara
    Jedi Consular
    Phasma
    FO Officer
    FO Tie Pilot

Occasionally I switch out leadership to Phasma, but that team usually does the trick.
  • Options
    Jopa_Tice wrote: »
    I didn't like it at first either. But what I realized is that I wasn't thinking outside of the box. The GW now forces you to change your Toons in and out and "match up". You can't run an A and B team as much. For me, tonight was a first time I reached the last fight in a couple weeks.

Here is my current team, a battle and where it got tougher. Fortunately Yoda maintained the strength for my team, made it to the last node.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Now that a new thought. Maybe I'll try switching teams up. Makes it harder for new players though.
  • Options
    C00L_Story wrote: »
    I can finish GW with a single team most of the time. I'm f2p so I'm always confused with people complaining on this subject.

Luminara
    Jedi Consular
    Phasma
    FO Officer
    FO Tie Pilot

Occasionally I switch out leadership to Phasma, but that team usually does the trick.

This wasn't a complaint. Please see my post a few up.
  • Options
    I got 30 gear 7 characters though all not max so IF I face insane dps or counter team I can deal with it just give up toons and keep going IF I HAVE TIME
  • Options
    1. You get exposed.

I beat that team all the time. Just switch out one of your guys with Jawa. His AOE will stun droids 75% of the time. Target GS to take him down first. Poggle and Poe have garbage attack, so you don't need to worry about them until the end. After GS attack 86, then 88, and you will win.

Edit: Forgot to mention that QGJ, Lumi, and Sid all attack first blocking GS' assist

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

Have Ahsoka, Asajj, Yoda, IG-86, and JC on the bench to mix it up when needed. Just need about $5m credits to unlock everyone's 7th star.

You realize there are threads dedicated to individual characters and the strategies with which to use them, right?

Bruh. I'm sick of all the complaining. Tired of it. Terrible preparation on the part of players does not constitute an emergency on my part. If they want to learn how to play they can do all the investigating, googling, and experimenting I did when I started playing. It's not my job to help whiny complainers. If they want my help they can come to the forum and ask for suggestions on how to beat a mode. Rolling up here and saying stuff is broken and the devs screwed up and all manner of other baseless accusations is not a recipe for a helpful player to be kind to them. Good for jawajedi. He's a nice guy. I've had it with the whining.

I gotta say...+1 to this. I'm just as tired of the unsubstantiated complaints. I'm total F2P and play arena in top 50-100 and can finish GW today just as much as I could before the update. Since the patch I'm at position 23 in Arena...a position I've never been in before. I don't know if it's because my team is that good or if everyone dropped out but the game requires strategy now. There is no such thing as an A team anymore. You adapt your team to who you are facing or get defeated.
    1. You get exposed.

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

I gotta say...+1 to this. I'm just as tired of the unsubstantiated complaints. I'm total F2P and play arena in top 50-100 and can finish GW today just as much as I could before the update. Since the patch I'm at position 23 in Arena...a position I've never been in before. I don't know if it's because my team is that good or if everyone dropped out but the game requires strategy now. There is no such thing as an A team anymore. You adapt your team to who you are facing or get defeated.

If you are tired of ppl complaining, why do you need to spend time reading about ppl's posts?

If you are tired of ppl complaining, why do you need to type lengthy replied to complain about ppl complaining?

Just ignore the post, dun read them if you cannot handle them. This is social media, ppl are entitled to their view.

Stop whining about ppl's whinings.
  • Options
    Half the health? Lmao
  • Options
    Darth_Vlad wrote: »
    Half the health? Lmao

They cut your health in half and made part of it called protection.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Half the health? Lmao
    In GW, Your protection is gone but the health is full, you are now facing a team with full protection and health, that's why everyone says half health because face it, protection is basically health that can't be healed, you're going in to a fight with "half the health" of what the other teams have.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Both of these videos are full Galactic war videos without losing a single hero.

Full Galactic War before the update (22 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwxF6ame7Cs

Full Galactic War after the update (1 hour 33 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMn4dDcbmmg

As you can see, the time consumed is insanely different - no one should have the chore of playing and hour and a half to finish a task in a mobile game.
  • Options

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Now that a new thought. Maybe I'll try switching teams up. Makes it harder for new players though.

All your complaining about GW and NOW you think "Oh! Maybe I will try switching teams up in GW!"

Are you trolling yourself?
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Half the health? Lmao

No they didn't. This is what I was commenting on yesterday. You keep saying it like it's a fact, and it's extremely annoying to listen to someone keep repeating a complaint that simply is not true.

The health of your characters is simply NOT 50% of what it was before the update. They did NOT turn half of your health into protection.

I have no problem ignoring most complaints, because everyone is entitled to their OPINION, but when you misconstrue the FACTS then someone needs to speak up.
    All your complaining about GW and NOW you think "Oh! Maybe I will try switching teams up in GW!"

I wondered the same thing.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, DavionThunder, but it looks like you're complaining. You're not pointing facts out. You're stating your opinion and it's coming off as complaining. That might not your intent. In fact, I'm pretty sure you're frustrated. The fact remains, a lot of people, myself included, viewed that as complaining.

It's not like the AI didn't OHKO before the update, from time to time. Just retreat and put a higher health character in the slot they attacked. Repeat as necessary.

Also, no we do not have half the health even when you factor in protection. That would mean you have the same amount of protection as health, or a 1:1 ratio. Just a quick glance at my toons, Kylo has the highest protection (again for mine, I'm not sure about any characters I don't have) at 16k with health at almost 18k. That's also the closest health pool to protection, too. The rest aren't even that close. Even he's not 1:1. You're not going into matches at that huge of a disadvantage. Is it a disadvantage? Yes, but not what everyone is making it out to be.

GW is winnable. It does take longer. For some, it does take more teams. I'm back to using an A, B, and suicide team. Today, I even used my B team as a suicide team once my protection was gone on them. The first day post patch it took 2 hours, 1 hour yesterday, and just under an hour today. That's compared to less than 30 minutes before the update. But I still finish it without losing any toons I don't want to lose. Like I said, retreat, sub out, and repeat as necessary.

If you want to come here and voice your frustrations and let everyone pat you on the back, telling you it will be okay then fine. If you want someone to actually help you then you're going to have to give more information about your level, available characters and their levels, and maybe what your strategy is at the moment.
  • DavionThunder
    213 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hey go read a book. Maybe something educational so you can do a better job of whining and trying to put me down. Okay little guy?
  • Options
    Half the health? Lmao

No they didn't. This is what I was commenting on yesterday. You keep saying it like it's a fact, and it's extremely annoying to listen to someone keep repeating a complaint that simply is not true.

The health of your characters is simply NOT 50% of what it was before the update. They did NOT turn half of your health into protection.

I have no problem ignoring most complaints, because everyone is entitled to their OPINION, but when you misconstrue the FACTS then someone needs to speak up.

I wondered the same thing.

Okay smarty. Then what DID THEY DO? I want how do you share questions and observations on your planet without them being a complaint. Oh wait I'm sorry I don't care what you think. All you did was tell me what I said was wrong you never said one thing it was right and never said anything that was factual.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    Sorry, DavionThunder, but it looks like you're complaining. You're not pointing facts out. You're stating your opinion and it's coming off as complaining. That might not your intent. In fact, I'm pretty sure you're frustrated. The fact remains, a lot of people, myself included, viewed that as complaining.

It's not like the AI didn't OHKO before the update, from time to time. Just retreat and put a higher health character in the slot they attacked. Repeat as necessary.

Also, no we do not have half the health even when you factor in protection. That would mean you have the same amount of protection as health, or a 1:1 ratio. Just a quick glance at my toons, Kylo has the highest protection (again for mine, I'm not sure about any characters I don't have) at 16k with health at almost 18k. That's also the closest health pool to protection, too. The rest aren't even that close. Even he's not 1:1. You're not going into matches at that huge of a disadvantage. Is it a disadvantage? Yes, but not what everyone is making it out to be.

GW is winnable. It does take longer. For some, it does take more teams. I'm back to using an A, B, and suicide team. Today, I even used my B team as a suicide team once my protection was gone on them. The first day post patch it took 2 hours, 1 hour yesterday, and just under an hour today. That's compared to less than 30 minutes before the update. But I still finish it without losing any toons I don't want to lose. Like I said, retreat, sub out, and repeat as necessary.

If you want to come here and voice your frustrations and let everyone pat you on the back, telling you it will be okay then fine. If you want someone to actually help you then you're going to have to give more information about your level, available characters and their levels, and maybe what your strategy is at the moment.

Okay how do I point out the fact you guys you can't seem to understand them? I can come here and state my opinion of my observations. If you think they're wrong come up with an explanation of why not stop complaining in whiny voices. Second of all telling somebody to stop complaining over and over again is complaining. I'm not frustrated at all except of how long it takes now. Okay I'm sorry they took have our health and gave a quarter back as protection, better? The funny thing is I never said I couldn't win GW, you all just assumed that. I was saying what I saw and I don't need help. From trolls or otherwise...
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Basically they did, follow this: Your health is the same yes then there is also protection which lets be honest is health that cant be replaced, now your protection is gone and now facing a full team max health and protection while you just have health, this is why people are saying half health not because they think the actual health is gone and you constantly face teams at "full health"

• Killgire1981
    63 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Truth of the matter is: yes they DO have double your HP. so unless you have a roster of alternatives you won't be able to beat it.
    I say that as a P2P player experiencing no issues. But for the rest of players in order to win they need at least a fully viable back up team or two
    I'll say this as a F2P player: GW is easier than before. I run Gon 7* lead, Lum 7*, Yoda 7*, RG 6*, and Old Ben 6*, who I only just upgraded to 6* lastnight. I can complete GW in its entirety, without having to swap teams, character placement, or leads. That's something I wasn't able to do before protection. Before, I HAD to switch to suicide/bait squads.

Now, my team is far from anything ideal, but the thing is, with the fights being so much longer, you're more free to use those long cool down abilities without fear of them being available for the next fight. They're always back up by then.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Fine, if it's just your observation then I'll counter with my observation. Since the update I have not even one time had someone get one shot right out of the gate. Don't worry, I'm sure you're not the only one it's happening to.