Darth Vader

Prev1
Here's a thought, don't make Vader so impossible to achieve. I have 5 stars and need 70 more to get 6 stars. Hmmm...

If I make 1000 purchases in the arena shipments (currently at 225) I get another 10 shards. Meaning if I place in the top 50 in arena battles (which is likely), in one year from now, I will have enough purchases to win the 10 shards.

If I win 2500 arena battles (currently at 511), then I earn 3 shards. So in a year I have another 3 shards.

Maybe in a year from now, I will only need four more years to get the sixth star. Perhaps I can earn the seventh star sometime just before retirement.

Replies

• Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. It's ridiculous.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you retire sometime in the 22nd century- not likely.

Best advice to get vader? Always have extra shards from 7* characters handy. I got 4 shards for Vader that way so far. It's happened about twice last week
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Devs!!! Somebody listen, we've been asking about this for a while now. Just make Vader permanently available in shard shop same rate as GG or even with the implementation of guild shop, put him there. It's going to be a tough decision to buy either Vader shards or materials for gear 9 and 10.

If that's not possible, implement new "REASONABLE" achievements so we can get more shards for the love Jar Jar!!!
  • Options
    I have Vader at Gear 9 lvl 74
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have been barking up this tree FOREVER!! It is absurd that for completing 150 Galactic Wars you are only given 5 Darth Vader shards. SERIOUSLY?!??

@EA_Jesse: you may recognize my name from the numerous Darth Vader posts I have made. In one you mentioned there was going to be additional ways to get Vader shards. Can you share that with us yet? I am almost at 150 GW wins (nearly half a year without missing a day) and I will likely complete Stage 8 hard nodes by the weekend. This will put me at only 52/85 for 6* Vader. Is the next stage 300 GW wins?!?

This issue needs to be addressed, and soon. Dedicated players deserve to be rewarded for their persistence. Thank you.

WuWaFJY.png

vWlbkEW.png

Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fher wrote: »
    Devs!!! Somebody listen, we've been asking about this for a while now. Just make Vader permanently available in shard shop same rate as GG or even with the implementation of guild shop, put him there. It's going to be a tough decision to buy either Vader shards or materials for gear 9 and 10.

If that's not possible, implement new "REASONABLE" achievements so we can get more shards for the love Jar Jar!!!

He should NEVER be permanently available. He should be only for the most dedicated and persistent player. The current rates of the achievment rewards should be adjusted accordingly and players that have completed them compensated accordingly.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    Amish_Ace wrote: »

He should NEVER be permanently available. He should be only for the most dedicated and persistent player. The current rates of the achievment rewards should be adjusted accordingly and players that have completed them compensated accordingly.

This* I feel the same way. He's an awesome toon and if he was easy to get then he would be nerfed way to hard. Leave him hard to get I'll be around for awhile lol
  • Options
    I kind of like that he's difficult to get and that way not everyone will have him maxed into 2 weeks but i agree they could ease up on it a little
  • Options
    Bit OT but I just unlocked him last night. Result! I thought id never do it. but yeah, it seems very unlikely ill get much further with him.
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    135 gw completions, 1000 something wind in arena....... Adjusting my bottom jaw........ I will unlock Vader shortly when I achieve 10 gw completions. He will become my suicide sqaud commander me thinks, maybe of more use in my next life. Can i will my account to my reincarnation.
  • Options
    Guys, just gear up your 5* Vador, and play with him. And stop whining. He is way worth a 7* character. It's actually a blessing he is not farmable otherwise 99% of players would use him.
    I hit 1# at payout with him as leader.
  • Options
    @Amish_Ace Did you pick up a lot of his shards at the shard shop?
  • Options
    Um... Does anyone else not mind the fact that you can only level him up through achievements? It gives you something long term to work towards in the game...
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Am looking forward to unlocking him and using him as stated above. Continue to focus on other characters and take the darklord for what he is
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is 5* to begin with ?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Pjay wrote: »
    Vader is 5* to begin with ?

He starts out at 4* when you unlock him.

• Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Cheers
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Why is my Vader gear 9 but 5 stars so useless in arena? Qgj, Rey and RG graduate with flying colors when they were 4 star padawans.
  • Options
    Um... Does anyone else not mind the fact that you can only level him up through achievements? It gives you something long term to work towards in the game...
    Me, i like the fact that he's not on everyones team, he should be the ultimate prize as he is
  • Options
    If he isn't meta at 5* gear IX then getting him to 7* isn't going to change that.
  • Options
    He is the games long con. Something to strive for and he shows up in my shard shop at least 1-3 times a week. You can chose to delay GW toon level ups easily to grab those. You 'll have him maxed out by Christmas and turning extra reward unlocks of him into shards.
  • Options
    +1 ...And he is sooo underpowered. My Lv.70 4* 4700+pwr 8gearset Vader usually hits for a wetnoodle 1250ish ...as an Attacker he should at the very least be hitting for 2k+ base at this compilation.
  • Options
    He is the games long con. Something to strive for and he shows up in my shard shop at least 1-3 times a week. You can chose to delay GW toon level ups easily to grab those. You 'll have him maxed out by Christmas and turning extra reward unlocks of him into shards.

4*-7* by Xmas? That's impossible bro : /
  • Options

He should NEVER be permanently available. He should be only for the most dedicated and persistent player.

This
  • Options
    I have been barking up this tree FOREVER!! It is absurd that for completing 150 Galactic Wars you are only given 5 Darth Vader shards. SERIOUSLY?!??

@EA_Jesse: you may recognize my name from the numerous Darth Vader posts I have made. In one you mentioned there was going to be additional ways to get Vader shards. Can you share that with us yet? I am almost at 150 GW wins (nearly half a year without missing a day) and I will likely complete Stage 8 hard nodes by the weekend. This will put me at only 52/85 for 6* Vader. Is the next stage 300 GW wins?!?

This issue needs to be addressed, and soon. Dedicated players deserve to be rewarded for their persistence. Thank you.

WuWaFJY.png

vWlbkEW.png

First off ...**** dude that's awesome, C'gratz on 6k+ Vader :)

Second, what is his avg base dmg non-leader at that current setup?

Third, I agree wholeheartedly that he should stay hard to * up ...but not this hard!
  • Options
    be greatful you even have him

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have him at 5 stars (45/85) and gear 9 also and even at that level I find him extremely strong and useful in my empire team... His dots are great for wearing down protection and culling blade is the highest single damage skill in the game with the right conditions. I've hit culling blade for 25k in arena but typically its in the 12-15k range. He is by no means weak in the right team and I compete for top spot on my server daily using Vader with an empire squad.

These pics are from last week I think but you get the idea...

http://m.imgur.com/a/hizn9
  • Options

I wish I had your luck, I've been able to get maybe 8 shards from the Shop since they introduced it!
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    I have him at 5 stars (45/85) and gear 9 also and even at that level I find him extremely strong and useful in my empire team... His dots are great for wearing down protection and culling blade is the highest single damage skill in the game with the right conditions. I've hit culling blade for 25k in arena but typically its in the 12-15k range. He is by no means weak in the right team and I compete for top spot on my server daily using Vader with an empire squad.

These pics are from last week I think but you get the idea...

http://m.imgur.com/a/hizn9

Pretty sure I love your team. It's weird not seeing dooku. x-D
  • Options
    I love borrowing him for the challenge with boba, I pair him with teebo and try to see how many debuffs I can stack before I use culling blade. Got to 19 today and did 43k damage.

I think he could be good in arena at gear 9, now that we have protection. It's now likely that his dots do full damage because battles last longer, and protection is in-healable. But if I ever saw him on an enemy squad, especially if he was paired with other debuffers like Obi wan, I would just use Yoda. Between him and RG+Daka stuns I think I could manage.

But on offense, I think his culling blade could be a great way to bypass RG auto stun, and his main attack could be very useful neutralizing Jedi.