What is going on with Galactic War?

Replies

• Options
    I beat it today and it's not paying out my final earnings. The box would open and than freeze up. I would exit and come back in GW and the box would be closed again. So I would open it and the same thing would happen.
    I closed out of the app and went back in and now the box is open. I just got cheated out of the prizes of over 50,000 credits and my 400 gems.
    Anyone no how to remedy this?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    That's basically waht I started doing. Except I sub people in as necessary. I slowly transitioning to higher level teams so that I'm not losing everyone's protection as fast. Plus, it allows me to use teams I normally wouldn't.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    sying wrote: »
    That's basically waht I started doing. Except I sub people in as necessary. I slowly transitioning to higher level teams so that I'm not losing everyone's protection as fast. Plus, it allows me to use teams I normally wouldn't.

Wrong topic?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Arim74
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I just completly lost fun in GW.
    I just don't play it anymore. Don't even try to complete all stages, just one or two. It bugs me too much. Don't like to play games that just irritates me. I think now it is just fecked up.
    Don't care for the shards anymore to. There are no real intresting characters there anymore I want to star up anyway.
    But most of all: it just annoys me. That is not why I play a game!

I think they really outdone theirself at EA. Managed to **** up a good game with their updates and "improvements".
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Waxx25 wrote: »
    Since protection came out GW has not gotten harder just longer. The only pr0blem I see is you face teams one to two levels higher than yours.

My GW has gotten shorter... Down to about 45 mins now.

Not sure what problem you are talking about.

Protection isnt going away, you might want to figure it out.
  • GuinUK
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    The prob for me is I have 4 7* toons, 2 at 6* and then a few 5* and trickling down, my suicide squads might damage a bit of the protection at best, use up special attacks too. I can live with it but might take me till the 80 level cap to be able to complete it regularly

It gets better with a few more toons. I kind of like the fact it encourages more than one team. Frustrating for ftp at first but I clear it every time now with 8-9 7* purples.
    http://swgoh.gg/u/GuinUK - 0otini - 688-542-619 - A word of advice - never read a pop-up book about giraffes.
  • Options
    Hmm. I sent in a suicide squad to clear the buffs. Sent in my B team they were all killed but they were able to kill ST Han. Sent in my A team and only 1 of my toon survived. 14 toons to clear node 8. My A team was level 73 the enemy team was level 71 but I guess the highest gear possible. We see if tomorrow is a threepeat.
  • Options
    soneill73 wrote: »
    I start GW every morning while I prep for my morning meeting.

How do you prep for a meeting while playing a game?!?!

• Options
    dookiebot wrote: »
    Yesterday the last node in GW was a ridiculous team to fight they wiped every single toon in my roster and I never killed a single one on that team. Not one. I chalked it up just that bad luck of the draw.

Today I am facing almost the exact team except on node 8! I am taking a break to come here and see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Its not about money, its a game. Developers do not see that money so why would you think they are incentivized to do better, when their job is clearly safe. The developers take creative license, sometimes to challenge people or maybe they play the game just like you to have fun.

It's not just about making the company more money, doubtful management gets involved, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.. and you don't mess up a good thing.

EA is making money, lots of it by making great games that are FUN to play, if they ruin that, people will stop playing, period.

I can win every GW I play, I ALL 7* , Barriss (L), Lumi, QJ, Ashoka, and Asajj.

I can win but is VERY boring to win. So for fun I throw in 6* Yoda and mix it up with HK-47 and Nightsister Initiate.

I have Vader, Maul, Sid, Phasma and Ren all at 5*, that I like to test things out..

I have seen in the past few days GW is getting more challenging, probably because those other players are improving if you are 76 or higher consider that higher level gear is available.. making those toons even harder to beat.. the closer you get to 80 it will be easier, since they will not be able to move beyond 80 and your gear will improve as well.

ITs a game, theoretically you shouldn't win at all.. its supposed to be a challenge to keep trying and have fun, but it's not a money sink. It's always the players that can't win that believe everyone else must be cheating or paying for the privilege. I have played many games, many MMORPG and strategy most, always hear the same old complaints.. this player is too good he must be cheating or this player is probably a pro..

Yeah its called skill, if you take the time to PLAY you can learn it as well. Its not difficult, but it's not cheating or paying to win either.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    That's basically what I started doing. Except I sub people in as necessary. I slowly transitioning to higher level teams so that I'm not losing everyone's protection as fast. Plus, it allows me to use teams I normally wouldn't.

Wrong topic?

No. It was in reply to this:
    I play with 3 teams. C for first 3 nodes, B for nodes 4-9, and A for the last 3 nodes. More fun than playing with just the one.

I just didn't notice the conversation had moved on and didn't quote anything so my reply looked out of place.
  • Options
    gw today was a lot harder with a number of max level teams thrown against me. including the oh so annoying Duckoo
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    GuinUK wrote: »
    It gets better with a few more toons. I kind of like the fact it encourages more than one team. Frustrating for ftp at first but I clear it every time now with 8-9 7* purples.

Exactly what I had to do. I had to get some sort of B team in purple gear and starred / leveled up to be able to clear it on a daily basis. I run them for the first and/or second node because they aren't that strong. The ones that make it out are the first suicide squad because they can still get the AI to hit their specials. They are Dooku (L), Chewie, Phasma, HK and Savage. I run the A team with 2 healers (JC and Lumi), QGJ, GS and I start with Poe. Poe will get burnt in the mid rounds, switch to RG. RG will go down late, then I switch to Sid or Vader. The main thing is keeping QGJ, Lumi and JC through the whole thing. GS is negotiable past the 10th and 11th node.

• Options
    I don't use specific A, B or C teams. I have a roster of 10-12 characters that I use in various combinations, depending on the team I'm facing.

If I see Jedi, I like to bring out Dooku and Sid. Otherwise their roles might be filled with the likes of Rey, RP, Phasma or Ahsoka. If I see droids, I look down the line at guys like Eeth Koth. I like to use JC, but if the other team focus fires on him (which is happening a lot lately), I sub in Barriss. If I want to attack first, a QGJ lead with characters like Yoda, Ahsoka and speed like Dooku works well for me.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Maybe it's not obvious to everyone. So just in case this helps:

Excepting up to maybe node 3, if you are using your A squad, always finish your last fight with all offensive cooldowns reset.

If you can't finish like this, then throw in a suicide taunter and try again. If you still can't, then throw in a suicide squad or a B team. I don't care if it's only node 5. It's better to lose a bench player or several bench players, or to cripple your B team, than to leave your A team on half-****.

This makes a huge difference, because
    1. The more damage/block/stun you can do in the first turn, the less damage you will take.
    2. RNG. The more useful things you can do in the first turn, the faster/easier it is to retreat, change lineup/actions/targets, and see if you can't get a better first round to happen.
    3. See #1. This creates a snowball effect where it is increasingly difficult to finish off teams with your cooldowns reset and decent health.

If you can save two healers or a healer and a chewy for last, you can reset your cooldowns by proccing heals and letting them live as long as possible, using only your basics.

Again, sorry for being captain obvious. But if your A team doesn't have their abilities ready to go when you finally run into that impossible opponent, no amount of suicide teams is going to reset your A squad's cooldowns. Your A squad might as well be a 4-man team if half their offensive abilities are on cooldown. Against a much better squad, this turns your A team into a suicide squad. Even if you throw in your own suicide squad to put some of their abilities on cooldown, they're still the better team with protection left. You didn't get an edge, because your team is also on cooldowns.

Suicide squads are your ace in the hole. But this ace is useless, if you already discarded your other ace in a previous battle and never got it back.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Arim74
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    dookiebot wrote: »
    Yesterday the last node in GW was a ridiculous team to fight they wiped every single toon in my roster and I never killed a single one on that team. Not one. I chalked it up just that bad luck of the draw.

Today I am facing almost the exact team except on node 8! I am taking a break to come here and see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Its not about money, its a game. Developers do not see that money so why would you think they are incentivized to do better, when their job is clearly safe. The developers take creative license, sometimes to challenge people or maybe they play the game just like you to have fun.

It's not just about making the company more money, doubtful management gets involved, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.. and you don't mess up a good thing.

EA is making money, lots of it by making great games that are FUN to play, if they ruin that, people will stop playing, period.

I can win every GW I play, I ALL 7* , Barriss (L), Lumi, QJ, Ashoka, and Asajj.

I can win but is VERY boring to win. So for fun I throw in 6* Yoda and mix it up with HK-47 and Nightsister Initiate.

I have Vader, Maul, Sid, Phasma and Ren all at 5*, that I like to test things out..

I have seen in the past few days GW is getting more challenging, probably because those other players are improving if you are 76 or higher consider that higher level gear is available.. making those toons even harder to beat.. the closer you get to 80 it will be easier, since they will not be able to move beyond 80 and your gear will improve as well.

ITs a game, theoretically you shouldn't win at all.. its supposed to be a challenge to keep trying and have fun, but it's not a money sink. It's always the players that can't win that believe everyone else must be cheating or paying for the privilege. I have played many games, many MMORPG and strategy most, always hear the same old complaints.. this player is too good he must be cheating or this player is probably a pro..

Yeah its called skill, if you take the time to PLAY you can learn it as well. Its not difficult, but it's not cheating or paying to win either.

Types like you just make me angry.
    He was asking if others experienced the samen thing, so if you don't, why are you reacting?
    Except for sticking a **** in, complaining about you hear the same old complaints he is not even making, so shut the guck up!
  • Options
    GW is now impossible, I went from sometimes being able to do it to making it maybe four rounds. The only people I've seen make it spend hours and I don't have hours to spend.

There you go. I never had any problems until the protection update. Now it just

takes..... soooo........... long.......

Cant stomach it. I do 1 node a day. Thats it.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    I still think it's easy. Still beat it easy daily and usually never lose a toon. It usually takes me 30 minutes. Retreat more and make sure you have all attacks and heals reset each match. Good Luck!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    That's basically what I started doing. Except I sub people in as necessary. I slowly transitioning to higher level teams so that I'm not losing everyone's protection as fast. Plus, it allows me to use teams I normally wouldn't.

Wrong topic?

No. It was in reply to this:
    I play with 3 teams. C for first 3 nodes, B for nodes 4-9, and A for the last 3 nodes. More fun than playing with just the one.

I just didn't notice the conversation had moved on and didn't quote anything so my reply looked out of place.

Ah, sorry. The first thing I saw was the player who said he wasn't receiving his credits. My bad.
  • Arryn_Ren
    71 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I haven't failed GW since the update, but it has certainly gotten a lot more difficult. I had one GW where I was really on my last leg, which I only managed to win because my low level Oppress is still capable of finishing off a level 76 if the health is low enough.

I'm running:
    Phasma (lead)
    RG
    Kylo Reb
    Lumi
    Ventress

If I start losing too much health I'll bring out Barriss lead for a few matches. RG usually dies at some point due to the taunt changes with counter attack. Dooku, Sidious, FOTP, First Order Stormtrooper all make an appearance when RG goes down, depending on what I face.

Almost all of these chars are max stars, have a good gear level and have max level that I can do.

Target priority:

RG
    Rey
    Yoda
    QGJ
    FOTP
    Lumi(Note: Dooku always stuns here when possible, regardless of target priority, except for when Yoda is in)
    Sidious

If there's an enemy Phasma I try to get in stuns on her with RG to prevent enemy buffing.
  • Options
    Well, just had an AI Barris refill her Protection between battles after I downed it with a suicide squad. Really?
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    There is another thread on GW today where a player thinks (with data backup) that GW difficulty just shifted from being based on arena power to the power of your top 5 toons.
  • Options
    At 76 GW goes all pear shaped really fast.

That's when all the pre-crafted toons start popping in that completely unbalance the game (not just in GW but in Arena also).

GW and Arena will be a little broke for probably at least 1-2 months while raid rewards percolate through the system and catch people up. Either way, completing post-76 will be excessively challenging even with a deep roster if you don't have pre-crafts.
  • Options
    Since implementing my suicide squad at the right time, I've been consistently beating GW since the protection came out
  • Options
    strafeSS wrote: »
    There is another thread on GW today where a player thinks (with data backup) that GW difficulty just shifted from being based on arena power to the power of your top 5 toons.

I'd state the same... If it wasn't for them picking on toons like a real player the reality is they have been marginally easier since I started concentrating on making more 7* toons.

I used to run five, 7* level 65-70 for Arena and they were my best, but I stopped upgrading them and now have double the amount, but all around the same level. The last GW I played was super hard on the last node (didn't beat it, it wiped out 20+ toons) and I suspect its because I upped Talia and HK to level 75 (I do not play them in arena).

If this is indeed the case then its best to have as many toons as possible always be equal in power as much as possible. I just sabotaged myself by leveling those two up :neutral:
  • Options
    I haven't completed GW since protection came out. I have over a dozen 7* gear 8 level 75 toons. Plus about a dozen more around 6* gear 7 level 70. I retreat, I use suicide squads, etc. I still can't get through it all.

I have only five 7* toons, eight with gear 8 and none higher than level 70, use retreats and still finish GW everyday since protection came out. It takes a little longer and when I retreat, I shuffle toons around and voila, positive results.
  • Options
    As with every level cap increase, you'll likely be leveling slower than a lot of whales. Thus, you will be paired against teams higher level than you. This all levels out once you hit level 79 and 80. It's not a big deal, you'll catch up soon and all will be well again.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    I just use my main Jedi team all the way through.

6* ima-gun di, 7* koth lumi consular ashoka.
  • Options
    Been playing this for a while can not beat the last node! Since the update.
  • Options

My 2 cents....

Do not discount how important a strong JC & Lumi combo is to your success. The more healers the better. May take a little longer to fight because of the lower damage, but who cares if beating it is the main goal. With everyone healing everyone, you can keep everybody alive.

Definitely take advantage of retreat, and suicide squads. Always remember that if you retreat, come back and do the same moves, the battle will go exactly the same until you do something different.

Also, feel free to use all your specials towards the beginning of the match. However, when you get to the last couple toons, start focusing on reseting and saving your specials. Also, focus on making sure your team is healed for the next round. By doing.these you will start each battle as fresh as possible.

Lastly...i'm not f2p and have spent  $200 over the 3 months I've played. But I will say that most of my power in my lineup is characters that are easily farmable for free. The $ I have spent has actually been a waste considering what my team looks like now with f2p toons. So there is plenty of hope for a strong squad as a f2p player. It just takes time and you focusing on just a couple characters at a time. Each currency should be going to only one character in the particulate shipment. If you spread everything out, you won't get anywhere.

I clear galactic war everyday and most sincerely hope that you can too. The rewards can really progress you far and fast.

I hope this has helped in some way to better your path to success.