Wow, GW the last couple days

Prev13
Did something happen in the last day or two that changed Galactic War matchmaking? Once I found out about the option to retreat, I was able to finish GW 5 or 6 days in a row. I was starting to feel pretty confident that even in a heavy burst meta, I could use strategy to sustain myself through the whole board.

I'm currently level 53. I believe there are 12 nodes. By the time I got to the fifth node today, my opponents were all level 60 units in purple gear. I actually managed to get through 2 fights, but this seems pretty ridiculous. For the last week, it seems like I start off with opponents a few levels below me and slowly work my way up to opponents a few levels above me.

Replies

• xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Drosis wrote: »
    Did something happen in the last day or two that changed Galactic War matchmaking? Once I found out about the option to retreat, I was able to finish GW 5 or 6 days in a row. I was starting to feel pretty confident that even in a heavy burst meta, I could use strategy to sustain myself through the whole board.

I'm currently level 53. I believe there are 12 nodes. By the time I got to the fifth node today, my opponents were all level 60 units in purple gear. I actually managed to get through 2 fights, but this seems pretty ridiculous. For the last week, it seems like I start off with opponents a few levels below me and slowly work my way up to opponents a few levels above me.

I think at mid 50s, you start getting level 60s.. Sad but that's what I experienced too
  • Options
    Yup, it started to get *MUCH* harder about 53. :/

Once your 60 it gets better again.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    Options
    Mine has been unreasonably easy over the past few days. I am now 58 and I am getting none of the teams I did at 55... They have all been much easier only having 1 7* max etc.
  • Options
    Wispsi wrote: »
    Mine has been unreasonably easy over the past few days. I am now 58 and I am getting none of the teams I did at 55... They have all been much easier only having 1 7* max etc.

I was like that for a week and then I lost on the 12th node. I hit a full team of 6/7* starting at node 9 which was a well synergizes team and I accidentally pressed auto instead of retreat which led to me losing some of my best. Then by node 12, still 6/7 star I was too weakened. This on top of no teams with a tank I could we to refresh cooldowns.

I'm assuming just bad luck and I would have made it but I fat fingered it to my demise.
  • Options
    Past couple of days i've been getting level 60 purp gear and 6/7stars for at least 5 matches. Seems like a tweak to make it harder since i've been passing with flying colors the past week. Feels bad
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Past couple of days i've been getting level 60 purp gear and 6/7stars for at least 5 matches. Seems like a tweak to make it harder since i've been passing with flying colors the past week. Feels bad

Having Barriss helps a lot.. U have her¿
  • Options
    Some days I was matched vs level 60 like from fight 6. Then on, all level 60. The problem is not level 60, but when enemy is average 6.8 stars, and well synergized. These teams also march damage and abilitirs (dodge, etc) of highly upgraded abikities, likely all at stage 6 abilities. Some other days it's just level 6 with many 7 stars (3-4 common), and good abilities, but no the same level of synergy. Some days it's just tear down after tear down until even my 5 healers have problems cooling down....
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Some days I was matched vs level 60 like from fight 6. Then on, all level 60. The problem is not level 60, but when enemy is average 6.8 stars, and well synergized. These teams also march damage and abilitirs (dodge, etc) of highly upgraded abikities, likely all at stage 6 abilities. Some other days it's just level 6 with many 7 stars (3-4 common), and good abilities, but no the same level of synergy. Some days it's just tear down after tear down until even my 5 healers have problems cooling down....

The 7* teams with dooku and sidious are the worst..
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    As more people hit 60 it's slowly getting harder for me as well even tho I'm 60. Some fights even as early as the 3-4th I'm having to retreat multiple times. I had a particularly brutal fight today where the enemy Dooku double stunned to open, then daka stunned, and Dooku got 4 more stuns in on that fight. It really helps to have depth for those fights, even when you have to use 3* hero's in place of 7s until you can put them back to heal. 5s is so good even as 3*!
  • Options
    I've never beaten GW, didn't know about retreat until lvl 52 and now at 54 I get lvl 60 purples from node 4 or 5 onwards. Personally I'm happy if I get to node 9, maybe as I get closer to lvl 60 and gear up my B and C team more.
  • Options
    I believe it gets harder if you pass multiple in a row.
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    I believe it gets harder if you pass multiple in a row.

Nope, simply when you are in mid 50, around the 5-6th battle you begin to face lev 60 team.. when i was 55 i was able to clear Gwars only using the "force closing glitch" when one of my healers was focused and killed by the AI..
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    Options
    I have only ever failed to complete it my first time, only made it to node 11. So I am fairly sure that it does not just get harder the more you win. When I was 55 I was getting more 7 star epic synergy teams then past couple of days. So I guess just random is random from what I see here. Fair enough but kind of boring to have such easy teams it already goes too quickly! :D
  • Options
    True well I have passed it constantly for about 2 months now ahah but as I was climbing to 60 I failed a lot. But I didn't know of the retreat let alone force close haha
  • TK421
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I have been not completed GW for the past three days. Prior to this I always finished GW. Now I always lose the battle of attrition by battle 12. I retreat and do my best to try and keep my characters healed up and off cool down, but every team I battle is level 60. I'm level 60 too, so I suppose it is fair. However, from battle five on the teams all seem to be copies of one another. 7* Sid, Luminara, and Daka with 5 or 6* Dooku and Ren. I can beat that team, but it takes its toll. I can't beat this team five times back to back.
  • Options
    Flag Quote

As easy as your awful server :D.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Put more healers...healers...healers...healers...you will be fine after that...easy GW with so many healers and retreat button...

Please bear in mind from Round 1-5, eventhough they are LOOKS TOUGH or HIGH LEVEL CHARACTERS, ALL of them got only Half the power, health and damage of their level. So you do not need to worry for the first 6 rounds...

Never use skills before the start or round 4 or 5 usually...
  • Options
    Nothin happened
  • Raenas
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Just throw in 3 lev 1 cannon fodders. One triggers the dooku lightning and the other two get sid to use his aoe. Then go in with main team and tear them a new one.
  • Options
    This is what I want to understand - is the difficulty encountered in GW more driven by player level? Or the star level of your top players? If things get much harder at player level 53, regardless of team strength, then the focus should be in stacking your top 5 asap. If stacking the top team member(s) drives up the difficulty, then maybe it's better to slowly build up your team evenly.
  • Options
    Mine has been the opposite. I have actually been able to finish the last 2 days. I was on a 4 day dry spell before that. It has still been tough for the last 4-5 fights, but at least I was able to finish. I have geared/starred up a few more characters so that has helped. just keep at it!
  • Options
    The stupid things is, the better your roster gets the harder it becomes, but the rewards don't get any better.

I had purple geared, level 60, six and seven star teams from battle 6 onwards today.
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There is a way to beat it just think outside the box. I'm level 60 and I haven't lost since my first two GW. I won't tell you how but I will say this, all my opponents are always level <55 and I'm level 60 lol. I probably get one level 60 if I'm "careless". If you are "careless" you will always face purple level 60's from early nodes like 4-5. Once you figure it out, you will realise how helpful it is and you'll be able to smash GW through under 25mins just like me.
    Upon discovery wink @KTroy24 and I'll know what you know :) Just keep it down low and take advantage
    You will also get people that will say this and that, but once you "know" what I'm talking about, every other GW tips & tricks ect that you see will look really silly because it becomes a breeze for us to run through GW.
    My record is 22mins for GW ( at lvl 60 but 20mins when level 54)
    Good luck and remember to keep quiet when you figure it out.

*And NO it's not force closing app
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Believe it or not. That's not the worse. Lol. A 7 star Dooku is ugly though.
  • Kevz57
    118 posts Member
    Options
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    There is a way to beat it just think outside the box. I'm level 60 and I haven't lost since my first two GW. I won't tell you how but I will say this, all my opponents are always level <55 and I'm level 60 lol. I probably get one level 60 if I'm "careless". If you are "careless" you will always face purple level 60's from early nodes like 4-5. Once you figure it out, you will realise how helpful it is and you'll be able to smash GW through under 25mins just like me.
    Upon discovery wink @KTroy24 and I'll know what you know :) Just keep it down low and take advantage
    You will also get people that will say this and that, but once you "know" what I'm talking about, every other GW tips & tricks ect that you see will look really silly because it becomes a breeze for us to run through GW.

Anything to do with who's your staring 5 before restarting GW?
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    Options
    KTroy24 wrote: »

Sounds pretty boring, have been doing it in less then half an hour most times now without any special tricks like this and GW is basically the only thing to do in this game for me. Any easier and I might as well just quit, what is the point in collecting people if it makes no diff and you can't do anything with them?
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    Options
    Flag Quote

As easy as the majority of servers, and now that most of my top people's have hit 60, it is most likely harder and still more active then yours lol, adding on those extra 2 levels to a full chrome team really makes no difference. But whatever who cares, the vast majority of thousands of servers are super easy, literally the only thing that makes any difference to pvp is the amount of people who are actively participating.

That is it...this game is super basic not hard to understand any of it, so it is literally down to how active your server is as to what rank you get/how many arena resets you need to spend a day.
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Flag Quote

As easy as the majority of servers, and now that most of my top people's have hit 60, it is most likely harder and still more active then yours lol, adding on those extra 2 levels to a full chrome team really makes no difference. But whatever who cares, the vast majority of thousands of servers are super easy, literally the only thing that makes any difference to pvp is the amount of people who are actively participating.

That is it...this game is super basic not hard to understand any of it, so it is literally down to how active your server is as to what rank you get/how many arena resets you need to spend a day.

Your server is so active that when you had over 3 hours before you received prizes(which should be the prime time for people sniping and taking ranks), you were able to get the top 20 spot with 2 battles left :D. Your server is so active! I like how you said your server is most likely harder when in my high 40's there were already plenty of 60s, and when you were 53 there were none LOL. Your server has basically 0 pay to win players.

You really have no clue what makes the difference because you were put in an awful server. The main difference in pvp are the teams. You've clearly never faced a fotp/leia team. I understand why you think this game is so easy.

Have you got to the #1 spot yet in your super easy server? Or still struggling at #10.
  • Options
    What? Lol... Sure it is more active some days then others and I already said I was never trying to get that high, I no longer spend gems on resets, just felt I easily could, which, turns out I easily could. You say mine is not active but still I went from number 10 to past 30s in a couple of hours. You are apparently allowed to sit at number 11 freely with no resets for 5 minutes as not a single person atyacks you...than you fall, during the entire day, surrounded by apparently super strong teams, to the same place I fell in a couple of hours after the big rush at night/early morning was already over? rofl...insecure about your server? Feel you need to try and put others down which you have seen nothing of? :) how does it even make a difference ahahahahahahahHa

People like you amuse me :) so clueless with such a need to prove your worthless easily gotten achievements mean something. Ahaha

Yes I have fought leia fotp teams. So you levelled slowly...gz? I spent a lot of crystal on energy early on (which I got from mostly pvp, as, like the majority of people who started on the same day as me, I was on a completely fresh server). There is a hard limit to how fast you can level and 120 extra xp for a 200 gem boost does not make a significant difference compared to how much you need. Yeah they got far ahead lower down but as they got closer to 60 I got closer again to them.

I do t get it, you really think his game is hard? Rofl... It is not like it is Starcraft mate, the thinking, before and during the pve fight is so simple and obvious. Hell it is not even as hard as wow and that game was so easy I paid my way thru uni boosting people to gladiator in arena rofl.

I play this gMe with a team I made for fun out of people I like and still have zero issues with it. It's amazing you think you can try and put people down on a game a 5 year old could be 'competitive' in.
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What? Lol... Sure it is more active some days then others and I already said I was never trying to get that high, I no longer spend gems on resets, just felt I easily could, which, turns out I easily could. You say mine is not active but still I went from number 10 to past 30s in a couple of hours. You are apparently allowed to sit at number 11 freely with no resets for 5 minutes as not a single person atyacks you...than you fall, during the entire day, surrounded by apparently super strong teams, to the same place I fell in a couple of hours after the big rush at night/early morning was already over? rofl...insecure about your server? Feel you need to try and put others down which you have seen nothing of? :) how does it even make a difference ahahahahahahahHa

People like you amuse me :) so clueless with such a need to prove your worthless easily gotten achievements mean something. Ahaha

Yes I have fought leia fotp teams. So you levelled slowly...gz? I spent a lot of crystal on energy early on (which I got from mostly pvp, as, like the majority of people who started on the same day as me, I was on a completely fresh server). There is a hard limit to how fast you can level and 120 extra xp for a 200 gem boost does not make a significant difference compared to how much you need. Yeah they got far ahead lower down but as they got closer to 60 I got closer again to them.

I do t get it, you really think his game is hard? Rofl... It is not like it is Starcraft mate, the thinking, before and during the pve fight is so simple and obvious. Hell it is not even as hard as wow and that game was so easy I paid my way thru uni boosting people to gladiator in arena rofl.

I play this gMe with a team I made for fun out of people I like and still have zero issues with it. It's amazing you think you can try and put people down on a game a 5 year old could be 'competitive' in.

Hahahaha, nice excuse. Your server is a joke and is not active at all, to top that there are basically 0 pay to win teams. I like how you said you've faced leia/fotp teams. Sureee you have, 2 star leia/fotp teams :D. You said that you never paid to win, yet at 53 there were no level 60s LMFAO! What a joke! I spent at least 200 crystals everyday on leveling and when I was at 49 there were 60s. Because people in my server were paying to level up, people in your servers were clearly not.

Your team is an utter joke, ashoka, asaji? If people saw your awful team in my server you'd get put all the way back to rank 200. There was this level 60 7 star asaji night sister team who I used to snipe at 54, she was in the top 50 at the time, now she's like rank 89, and she has like 22k squad power. That's the difference between your server and mine.

You're right though, this game isn't like starcraft, or a really strategic game. But you're just in a god awful server, so you haven't faced real times. Maybe someone in your server will eventually start making a legit team. Have you gotten close to #1 yet? Your server is super inactive, you had 2 snipes left with 3 hours+ to go, getting to #1 really shouldnt be that hard with a refresh. And wasting a refresh for 400+ crystals is definitely worth it.

Btw I don't know why you keep saying do you think this game is hard. We've estabalished that you're in an extremely easy f2p player. My server is mild, it's not hard to get #1, it can be challenging at times due to getting face rolled before the my second character gets a turn, but there are servers where it IS hard, and it's impossible to get the top 10 without godlike rng luck. Not everyone can be an awful server like you where at 53 without paying a dime to level up, no one else is level 60. And I'm guessing the majority were 51-55.