Does it take too long for f2p players to continue playing?

Replies

  • LBJfor3
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't understand this talk that f2p players say they get 240 energy and 120 cantina energy every day. You can easily earn enough crystals through dailies, achievements, and the squad arena to at least refresh cantina once a day and regular twice a day, so even f2p players can easily get double the energy they state they get every day.
  • NUTS
    41 posts Member
    I refill 4x a day...need the refill cost to go down
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    NUTS wrote: »
    I refill 4x a day...need the refill cost to go down

    Keep it 2times.. but it is your choice to choose to refill 4X.
  • NUTS
    41 posts Member
    I'd go more, but once it hits 200.. better to just wait.
  • Boogz
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Boogz wrote: »
    What is your logic Scorpion? I have spent 40 bucks on the game, and agree that this game is one of the most ridiculous money grabs I have ever seen.

    omg 40 bucks only hahahahaha.....most of my friends spent $1000 or more than that for ONE game only ( Heroes charge, battle camp, etc)....

    Did you think I was trying brag? I know people spend insane amounts of money on video games. However $40 is more than most people playing this game have spent.
    Song wrote: »
    Boogz wrote: »
    What is your logic Scorpion? I have spent 40 bucks on the game, and agree that this game is one of the most ridiculous money grabs I have ever seen.

    spend on pack? and didn't get what you want?

    Actually, no. Got a maul and Leia from my packs as well as some shards for some of my other f2p mains. Fine with the money I spent. In fact I plan to spend more.
    Post edited by Boogz on
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Lets do the math. Speaking at lvl 60 in the GW. Most ftp "supposedly" should only have maybe 12 toons at most. Three healers barring some miraculous bronzium drop. Now not sure on your lvl 60 GW but mine starts putting me against epic geared 6-7* teams around halfway. So lets start at that point. So Talia, Consular and luminara and what little dps toons you have are able to just power through synergies one after another and you don't lose anyone.


    Ahhh but your able to do it because you are able to farm your gear on the highest dark side missions! Because Talia carried you all the way through those right???

    Don't pee down my back and tell me its raining. The payed players got totally scammed as we had to pay to unlock multiple combinations of characters to just advance through the pve side. Yet a large percentage of players regularly brag how they have all these toons ftp farmable toons maxed out...somehow. Then you guys snitch yourself out even more by saying how much abundance of money you have. Which in reality if you have all the characters unlocked that it takes to beat the GW stay in the top 10 of arena as so many of you claim you woukd stay broke due to leveling all those characters up. You wouldnt beat 6 and 7 star teams of chrono only toons. They would annihilate your ftp team.....by the design of the game!!


    But Im not arguing or pointing fingers at anyone specific. But I am saying people who don't mod and had to spend money to accumulate teams knows what it takes to complete the game. Yet a large abundance were able to do it with 1 month...1 month worth of mostly weak f2p characters....OK.
  • @WhipiT

    I wrote a long response but decided this would be better..

    You mad bro?

  • Boogz
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I am f2p and I do not find any difficulties whatsoever in this game...once you get a good combo team...then BOOM baby...Rank 1 and all gems yours all the time....you just need to figure it out what characters you need to have in your team. Ow yes, one more, try to be ACTIVE before rewards time..it means a lot to your progress in the future...
    Boogz wrote: »
    What is your logic Scorpion? I have spent 40 bucks on the game, and agree that this game is one of the most ridiculous money grabs I have ever seen.

    omg 40 bucks only hahahahaha.....most of my friends spent $1000 or more than that for ONE game only ( Heroes charge, battle camp, etc)....
    I highly doubt you are f2p if MOST of your friends spend thousands of dollars on video games.
  • Boogz
    21 posts Member
    @WhipiT

    I wrote a long response but decided this would be better..

    You mad bro?

    Probably more annoyed. There are a lot of liars on this forum.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    MLGebra wrote: »
    5 minutes per energy is kind of a ridiculously slow rate, even for a freemium game. each hour f2p players are only able to complete a single Hard difficulty battle... the energy recharge timer should definitely be reduced, otherwise this game is more pay to play than freemium. I mean, I could use all my energy in mere seconds by just sim-carding a couple levels for shards and calling it a day. I, for one, would appreciate a bit more gameplay availability than that.

    You realize thT people that buy refills like me but don't spend real money at the same time, buy the refill and use the SIM cards and quickly run that extra 120 energy out in 3 seconds? This game should have something added to it to fill the timer I agree. My highest peak times i play are 12am, when I wake up in the morning, 12pm-1, then 100,000% from 430 till 6 bc this is when you should be regaining your pvp rank. The 430 to 6pm is the most crucial time to play bc when the difference is between 200 crystals or 450 or 500 (rank 1). Then afterwards I just go on with life.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lol?

    So my team is ahsoka, lumi, jc(always),Then asajj/ewok elder mostly(recent change I made because I was not so keen on retreating just to deal with taunts especially if they have faster teams then me) with talia/Sid if needed. As I said I now have an epic geared night sister that will tomorrow be 4* that I can also use (which I think I will prefer as already she is tankier then the other 2 and crits harder and more reliably).

    Nothing special but you can see they are all super easily farmable outside of the ewok elder (who only gets one node). There is no "somehow you manage to level all these people", it is very few people do the math you make enough. Also gearing most of the people up does not take maxing out dark side missions. I stuck on the last one on stage 5, not even high enough to open stage 6, but if gear is needed from there only then it seems to be mostly 61+ gear which nobody can use anyway. Of course I have cleared all light side stages available. I can tell you from experience that is enough to gear these characters to a point where max level stops the advancement first.


    I think the key thing here is the difference in approach. You seem to want to power through and trade characters etc, beat the team down in the most efficient way. and you are right, I use all of my resources to get a few 5*+ people maxed on gear, I cannot afford to train up more, I only have 1.5mil ATM and won't have the training droids to level up a new char to max if I get one for a while.

    when I set about making this team in the first place it was with the intention of doing GW without losing anybody. Making a team that would be able to survive. For my early 50s I just used ahsoka, jc, lumi, ewok elder, talia. That was my line of thinking and I retreated almost never and always had a full team with CDs at the end of the fight. If you do not lose anybody, then you will win by default. I adjust to the enemy team, but always in the front of my mind is the requirement to not lose people. Sure I let them die occasionally (although never the elder, sometimes you just have to keep him out of the first round :/) but always you make sure you can res them, with a 60% chance to gain 50% turn meter on attack the cooldowns are not as long as they look. I've lost 3 people by the end of turn 2 before and still won the fight with 5 people alive at the end no CDs.

    I have seen already some very strong combos with 7* epic qui gon leaders (admittedly of course not that many, I am only 56 so my first 6 rounds are never even 60)'and I am sure in squad arena I would get wrecked but this mode gives you many advantages. However it does not matter how many of these are in a row, whether it changes from 3 to 6 or not, if I make sure my team is all full health again at the end. It is simply one match at a time.
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • I can understand WhipiTs frustration, he's a whale, there's no shame in that, if he wants to splash out on something he enjoys then good on him.

    However, in this game, unlike most games of a similar nature, the advantage that being a whale grants you is tiny and virtually non existent. All it does really is save you time, it doesn't even grant you an unstoppable op squad. Partly due to that fact that so many powerful toons can be farmed, and that the AI is so poor that it won't use a whales squad to even half it's potential meaning a f2p squad which should be much weaker, can own him. That's probably why he's in the 20s in the arena, a few steps ahead of me, a f2p player, while the top 10 are much weaker than him and facing them, haven't spent half as much, if any at all.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I can understand WhipiTs frustration, he's a whale, there's no shame in that, if he wants to splash out on something he enjoys then good on him.

    However, in this game, unlike most games of a similar nature, the advantage that being a whale grants you is tiny and virtually non existent. All it does really is save you time, it doesn't even grant you an unstoppable op squad. Partly due to that fact that so many powerful toons can be farmed, and that the AI is so poor that it won't use a whales squad to even half it's potential meaning a f2p squad which should be much weaker, can own him. That's probably why he's in the 20s in the arena, a few steps ahead of me, a f2p player, while the top 10 are much weaker than him and facing them, haven't spent half as much, if any at all.

    Lol Terror I missed a day about a week ago and didn't log on. I was ranked I think #4. By the time I logged on I was rank 215 surrounded by 14k teams with 4 star sids or Chewies. 22k squad. How does that happen? The AI isnt that bad. Its obvious there are a lot of modders. And Im not even mad at the modders. Why spend money when the game gives you the ability to hack. The ftp players are the smart ones. The financially invested ones are the ones that look like idgits.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    @WhipiT

    I wrote a long response but decided this would be better..

    You mad bro?

    Mad? Nah. I have tons of chrono only toons. And at this point have zero $$ invested. You could call me ftp now.
  • Looks like players are 50/50 on the topic. I suppose what I was trying to say, with the emphasis on "continue playing" is that there should be at all times a mode which allows you to simply play the game, battle and experiment with your team, perhaps a testing/training arena, there does not necessarily need to be any kind of reward progression, leave that for the ticketed battles, but we should still be able to play the actual game, without having to wait for timers to reset for those all important battles that grant rewards, I'll gladly wait for those, as that is part of the f2p p2p model.

    We just want to "play" and watch those awesomely animated battles.
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Im usually done within 2 hours time and have nothing left to do. My energy doesnt even completely fill when I wake up, so from then on I just occasionally check the game throughout the day to see if my rank has moved.. nothing else to do.
  • I don't mind the energy refresh rate at all. As stated by many others, if it were faster I would feel restrictively tied to the game, constantly trying to empty out energy. What I do wish, however is that missions took less energy to run - that way, when I did hop on to play, I would be able to play longer. I rarely SIM missions and I can still complete all my dailies, GW and empty my energy in roughly an hour. Then I have nothing to do for 6 hours while I wait for shipments to refresh, at which time I log in for 10 minutes, but up some shipments, run the few missions I can with the energy I've accumulated...then wait another 6 hours. Sure, there are many times that I log in between that, but mostly because I'm wishing there was something I could do. At least if they cut the mission cost in half I could play longer each time while still not feeling like I would need to be logged in constantly to burn energy.

    The other main thing I wish that they would change is that you need to be logged in for your Shipment timers to reset. It may be a trivial thing, but overall it's one of my biggest pet peeves with the game. I hate feeling like I have to practically set an alarm every 6 hours otherwise I won't be in the app when shipments are due to refresh, wasting time in between - which means that I end up with 3 shipment batches a day instead of 4.
  • Enterprise4691
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Well...you aren't supposed to be checking SWGOH waiting for your energy to fill up in the first place. Why not go read a book? Or workout maybe? Watch a movie? CNN? Family time? friends? Or just play a few games at once if you have much free time lol. Games like this takes time. So utilise your free time not worrying about how many hours left for your energy to fill up but go and find something else to do in the mean time.
  • good on you all for being so passionate with your opinions.
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786
  • I think there should be a F2P version and a P2P version.

    Sell a full version that doesn't have any options to buy anything but costs like $30... Or, heck even $60, whatever. But, sell it. That way for the competitive types there is a version with a level playing field.

    My only major beef with this game is the P2W aspects. If I wasn't dependent on the Arena to farm shards for a couple characters, I probably wouldn't mind so much. But, as it is, it's a little frustrating to have to constantly monitor the arena and make sure I'm camping my phone 5:45-6pm to be sure someone didn't snipe me and I have time to get it back to keep Sid leveling (and later Ventriss... nothing else matters there, atm).
  • OneTwoCleanUpCrew
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I think there should be a F2P version and a P2P version.

    Sell a full version that doesn't have any options to buy anything but costs like $30... Or, heck even $60, whatever. But, sell it. That way for the competitive types there is a version with a level playing field.

    My only major beef with this game is the P2W aspects. If I wasn't dependent on the Arena to farm shards for a couple characters, I probably wouldn't mind so much. But, as it is, it's a little frustrating to have to constantly monitor the arena and make sure I'm camping my phone 5:45-6pm to be sure someone didn't snipe me and I have time to get it back to keep Sid leveling (and later Ventriss... nothing else matters there, atm).

    here here, agreed.
    Post edited by OneTwoCleanUpCrew on
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786
  • I suppose its not too bad, if you spend crystals to charge up your energy, it moves things along, although the cost of crystals does go up.
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I honestly would like to know how a f2p player a month after release can beat the GW. Sounds apk modding like to me.

    One of the best F2P player here I believe...let me answer your question Sir...There are few points that it might be possible for F2P players to be good and complete GW in just 2 weeks time after they started the game:

    1. Lucky drop from Bronzium packs and Lots of "FREE" gems in the first day of playing (Got 2x 4* heroes (Old daka and "secret") - Therefore the starting team was Chewbacca - Old daka - "Secret" - Talia - Jawa

    2. Slowly purchase of Sidious from Arena, Luminara from GW, Jedi from farmable cantina and Old daka from Cantina shop. - Therefore it becomes like Luminara - Old daka - "Secret" - Jedi - Sidious after 2 -3 weeks time (can't remember) - Synergy, balance and combo of those 5 are good for me to climb.

    3. Lucky Arena Server - Mine is not that strong and active. I have been moving or people been moving to my Arena server in a few days after I started the game and it made me stay in top 20 only ( before I always be able to go to top 10). - Once I got the those team, I can get Rank 1 easily.

    4. Time different for rewards time - This is one of the BIG point that can help you a lot. I reckon, only 2 people are active to get to rank 1 every day with the same reward time like mine. Others are 2 hours before, an hour before and few hours after my reward time. (I am happy with the time zone differents, everyone happy too I believe)

    5. Once you be able to get to rank #1 always / regularly, you get GEMS to refill energy therefore you can get faster or in the same speed progress with P2P to Lvl up (I got to lvl 60 after 32 days of playing)

    6. Not greedy or not the collector minded. This is one of different with many people outside there. I only focus on those 5 heroes( now almost all of them 7* and MAX geared)...I do not really level up or geared up many heroes other than those 5. Only Hk-47, Talia, Chewbacca, Phasma and Luke that are 50s but only Hk-47 got purple items. (all characters* are basic * , the first time you get them). Others are 40s, 1s or not even activated yet (Darth Vader).

    7. Practice in Arena since you meet 90% same rivals / competitors. Therefore most of the time you know how to defeat them unless some lucky "dodge" or "stun" come out of nowhere and ruined your plan. Well, it happened only once in 15-20 matches in my experience.

    8. Active before the rewards time. I rather online non-stop for 1 hour from 5pm-6pm rather than online non-stop from 10am - 3pm. It has big differences in whole progress because of the rewards.

    9. Experiences from similar games like this but with different themes. I played Heroes Charge for one year and all features basically same or similar more or less. Helps me a lot.


    Thats all my answer how F2P players can be good - equal to P2P or better - completed GW every day.



  • I think there should be a F2P version and a P2P version.

    Sell a full version that doesn't have any options to buy anything but costs like $30... Or, heck even $60, whatever. But, sell it. That way for the competitive types there is a version with a level playing field.

    My only major beef with this game is the P2W aspects. If I wasn't dependent on the Arena to farm shards for a couple characters, I probably wouldn't mind so much. But, as it is, it's a little frustrating to have to constantly monitor the arena and make sure I'm camping my phone 5:45-6pm to be sure someone didn't snipe me and I have time to get it back to keep Sid leveling (and later Ventriss... nothing else matters there, atm).

    here here, agreed.

    Based on my experiences from other similar games. It will not work, or It will not last more than a month for type of this game.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    I honestly would like to know how a f2p player a month after release can beat the GW. Sounds apk modding like to me.

    One of the best F2P player here I believe...let me answer your question Sir...There are few points that it might be possible for F2P players to be good and complete GW in just 2 weeks time after they started the game:

    1. Lucky drop from Bronzium packs and Lots of "FREE" gems in the first day of playing (Got 2x 4* heroes (Old daka and "secret") - Therefore the starting team was Chewbacca - Old daka - "Secret" - Talia - Jawa

    2. Slowly purchase of Sidious from Arena, Luminara from GW, Jedi from farmable cantina and Old daka from Cantina shop. - Therefore it becomes like Luminara - Old daka - "Secret" - Jedi - Sidious after 2 -3 weeks time (can't remember) - Synergy, balance and combo of those 5 are good for me to climb.

    3. Lucky Arena Server - Mine is not that strong and active. I have been moving or people been moving to my Arena server in a few days after I started the game and it made me stay in top 20 only ( before I always be able to go to top 10). - Once I got the those team, I can get Rank 1 easily.

    4. Time different for rewards time - This is one of the BIG point that can help you a lot. I reckon, only 2 people are active to get to rank 1 every day with the same reward time like mine. Others are 2 hours before, an hour before and few hours after my reward time. (I am happy with the time zone differents, everyone happy too I believe)

    5. Once you be able to get to rank #1 always / regularly, you get GEMS to refill energy therefore you can get faster or in the same speed progress with P2P to Lvl up (I got to lvl 60 after 32 days of playing)

    6. Not greedy or not the collector minded. This is one of different with many people outside there. I only focus on those 5 heroes( now almost all of them 5* and MAX geared)...I do not really level up or geared up many heroes other than those 5. Only Hk-47, Talia, Chewbacca, Phasma and Luke that are 50s but only Hk-47 got purple items. (all characters* are basic * , the first time you get them). Others are 40s, 1s or not even activated yet (Darth Vader).

    7. Practice in Arena since you meet 90% same rivals / competitors. Therefore most of the time you know how to defeat them unless some lucky "dodge" or "stun" come out of nowhere and ruined your plan. Well, it happened only once in 15-20 matches in my experience.

    8. Active before the rewards time. I rather online non-stop for 1 hour from 5pm-6pm rather than online non-stop from 10am - 3pm. It has big differences in whole progress because of the rewards.

    9. Experiences from similar games like this but with different themes. I played Heroes Charge for one year and all features basically same or similar more or less. Helps me a lot.


    Thats all my answer how F2P players can be good - equal to P2P or better - completed GW every day.



    Wow that's dedicated, good response.

    Whats "secret"?
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786

  • [/quote]

    Wow that's dedicated, good response.

    Whats "secret"?[/quote]

    Can't tell...sorry bro...do not want people to start using it and makes the fight to maintain #1 harder...might have the possibility to get nerf by CG once many people start using it( although I believe they will no do it, but just in case)...so for now..it will remains secret for me and others that owns that character. Hehehe.

    ps: was 7* not 5* and the "secret" character is free to get without need to buy Chromium packs.

  • Wow that's dedicated, good response.

    Whats "secret"?[/quote]

    Can't tell...sorry bro...do not want people to start using it and makes the fight to maintain #1 harder...might have the possibility to get nerf by CG once many people start using it( although I believe they will no do it, but just in case)...so for now..it will remains secret for me and others that owns that character. Hehehe.

    ps: was 7* not 5* and the "secret" character is free to get without need to buy Chromium packs.[/quote]

    Haha fair enough, for all I know I already have it ;) perhaps you can share after and if a nerf comes into effect.
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016

    Wow that's dedicated, good response.

    Whats "secret"?

    Can't tell...sorry bro...do not want people to start using it and makes the fight to maintain #1 harder...might have the possibility to get nerf by CG once many people start using it( although I believe they will no do it, but just in case)...so for now..it will remains secret for me and others that owns that character. Hehehe.

    ps: was 7* not 5* and the "secret" character is free to get without need to buy Chromium packs.

    Haha fair enough, for all I know I already have it ;) perhaps you can share after and if a nerf comes into effect.





    I will...it happened with Sidious and Old daka..before those two popular like now, not many people talked about those 2...well, I took Luminara because of people from the forum talk about it all the time and also why I leveled up Jedi consular ( I though he was really bad at the beginning hahaha)....:D
  • quick calc, about 24hrs for cantina energy to fully recharge, and about 12hrs for normal energy to fully recharge, seems a bit slow to me, normal energy reload speed allows for maybe 2 full on plays per day, cantina energy allows for once a day full on play only, my opinion, if we can play normal enegry missions maybe 3 times a day full on, and.cantina energy maybe 2 times a day, that would be the perfect ratio for both energies to regen, imho.

    if i remember correctly, currently it takes 6min for 1 normal energy to regen and 12min for 1 cantina energy to regen, by my calcs if the normal energy regen rate is 4min/1 energy then every 8 hrs the normal energy will be full, that allows for 3 times a day full play, and with cantina energy the regen rate would have to be 6.5 min/1 cantina energy to be able to play twice daily. just some info. he he was bored
  • quick calc, about 24hrs for cantina energy to fully recharge, and about 12hrs for normal energy to fully recharge, seems a bit slow to me, normal energy reload speed allows for maybe 2 full on plays per day, cantina energy allows for once a day full on play only, my opinion, if we can play normal enegry missions maybe 3 times a day full on, and.cantina energy maybe 2 times a day, that would be the perfect ratio for both energies to regen, imho.

    if i remember correctly, currently it takes 6min for 1 normal energy to regen and 12min for 1 cantina energy to regen, by my calcs if the normal energy regen rate is 4min/1 energy then every 8 hrs the normal energy will be full, that allows for 3 times a day full play, and with cantina energy the regen rate would have to be 6.5 min/1 cantina energy to be able to play twice daily. just some info. he he was bored

    lol. for cantina..it is recommended for everyone to do one refill in a day...for energy not so much needed...
Sign In or Register to comment.