Thanks for nothing another huge letdown.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I dont call people that.

He was more just being irritated anyway.
  • Options
    Did 10 sims, talks about statistics lol

You ever heard of a CPK? Dr WE Deming would say your wrong. But hey what do I know I am just a cheap programmer who makes good money in real life but is whining on a forum to most of you.

Perception is not always reality my friends
  • Options
    I look forward to Galaxy Wars tomorrow. That is something that will be a little better for my type of play. Thanks for at least reading my frustrations. Have a nice evening everyone
  • Options
    They doubled rewards. They didn't nerf drop rates. Stop complaining.

I'm done here anyways. This thread is a joke.
  • HelloHey
    186 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Did 10 sims, talks about statistics lol

You ever heard of a CPK? Dr WE Deming would say your wrong. But hey what do I know I am just a cheap programmer who makes good money in real life but is whining on a forum to most of you.

Perception is not always reality my friends

No you aren't.

Cheap people won't even care about $1 of refresh that the game give out for free everyday in arena.

You are beyond cheap.
  • Options
    Random number generators aren't random
  • Options
    Random number generators aren't random
    They're random enough across this kind of sample size. Or else they're not RNGs.
  • Options
    They absolutely changed the drop rates. How can there be any doubt? There's simply too many people having the same issue.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Draykoh wrote: »
    They absolutely changed the drop rates. How can there be any doubt? There's simply too many people having the same issue.

2 people complained...

Odds are one was exaggerating...

Not too many...
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Draykoh wrote: »
    In this thread, the only one I've seen with this complaint, that's two. You and the OP. And for all I know, one of you is a sockpuppet of the other.

Also, confirmation bias. And the high possibility that this is all just a cry for attention.
  • Z_Cavaricci
    660 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I had good drop rates today. So put another mark in the "No they didn't nerf drop rates" column.
  • Options
    I got 61 lando shards today. Rng is random. Learn to luck.
  • Options
    Just did two more sims. Got 4 Dooku shards. Oh yeah, totally nerfed...
  • Options
    Lol at another computer programmer. We sure have a lot of those in this forum.
  • Options

Demographically speaking what else would you expect the average Star Wars fan to be?
  • Options

Demographically speaking what else would you expect the average Star Wars fan to be?

A retiree?
  • Options

+1 I've met Star Wars fans that aren't programmers, but I've never met a programmer that isn't a Star Wars fan.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You have to do a lot of rolls. Got 56 out of 540 energy. The first 100 rolls might be nothing, but you'll pull a lot later in your run. =D
  • Options

Demographically anything and everything. But whenever someone breaks out the "I know, I'm a computer programmer" card. It makes me lol.
  • Options
    Wow what a con!!!!!!!! Supposedly double on everything using Cantina energy today.
    So being a mug and trying to get hold of them lovely purple mats.
    I purchased 4 lots of Cantina energy. I normally buy 2 lots and pretty much end up with 2 purples.
    So to take advantage of the double drop bought 4 lots and just once the purple material appeared.
    That's the first time that's ever happened!!!!!!
    Strange coincidence or rigged????
    Can't prove a thing but bet tomorrow it's back to 2 purple for 2 lots of energy. !!!!!!
    Feel ripped off.
  • Options

Demographically anything and everything. But whenever someone breaks out the "I know, I'm a computer programmer" card. It makes me lol.
    To some degree you're right. A computer programmer is not necessarily a statistician with a focus on pseudo random algorithms. But aside from you tapping your finger on a phone 1000+ times to play the game, you have no real experience using said algorithms in any kind of practice unless you're a programmer. So that's where that comes from. Just trying to clear the air here.

But you're right about one thing: being a programmer doesn't mean you are free from "confirmation bias" and "automatically know" when something is amiss.
  • Krak
    68 posts Member
    Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    You have to do a lot of rolls. Got 56 out of 540 energy. The first 100 rolls might be nothing, but you'll pull a lot later in your run. =D

I got 22 shards out of almost 800 energy on a 8 energy node
  • Options
    Not another one... You just had bad luck today. I had average luck. Others had great luck. Even if you didn't get the shards and mats you wanted you got double the currency and can buy twice as many shipments now for the same amount of energy spent. Not a total loss. Just not the exact "win" you wanted.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    As a computer programmer I'd say what I've had to say said. I don't need you guys to say the same thing over and over again and question ones intellect. I've played for over 4months. Statistically for this to happen exactly on this day is not quite winning the lottery odds but it doesn't matter, I get it. The crystal packs. No need to try to try to be Internet bullying or anything. Move along now

Why are you talking about denning? He's more known for quality engineering then statistician. Did you type in statistics and his name popped up?

Generally people who say they are programmers are liars. People who name drop people like demming are almost certainly liars.

• Options
    Mods, please merge with "let down" thread.
  • Options
    Wow what a con!!!!!!!! Supposedly double on everything using Cantina energy today.
    I purchased 4 lots of Cantina energy. I normally buy 2 lots and pretty much end up with 2 purples.
    So to take advantage of the double drop bought 4 lots and just once the purple material appeared.
    Can't prove a thing but bet tomorrow it's back to 2 purple for 2 lots of energy. !!!!!!
    Feel ripped off.

Algorithms don't use true RNG here and the "events" appear correlated and not independent. In other words, you now receive 2 at a time, but the drop rate will go down.

• Options
    Feel ripped off.

Algorithms don't use true RNG here and the "events" appear correlated and not independent. In other words, you now receive 2 at a time, but the drop rate will go down.
    I'd be inclined to agree with you if there weren't more people jubilant about how good their hauls were than there are people whining that they're being cheated. Considering it's well known that people are much more likely to complain on an internet forum than show happiness (especially this one), I'm starting to wonder if they didn't tick the drop rate *up* for this promo...
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options

To some degree you're right. A computer programmer is not necessarily a statistician with a focus on pseudo random algorithms. But aside from you tapping your finger on a phone 1000+ times to play the game, you have no real experience using said algorithms in any kind of practice unless you're a programmer. So that's where that comes from. Just trying to clear the air here.

But you're right about one thing: being a programmer doesn't mean you are free from "confirmation bias" and "automatically know" when something is amiss.

I wasn't talking to you. But I'm glad you're smart. How's that working out for you?
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    As a computer programmer I'd say what I've had to say said. I don't need you guys to say the same thing over and over again and question ones intellect. I've played for over 4months. Statistically for this to happen exactly on this day is not quite winning the lottery odds but it doesn't matter, I get it. The crystal packs. No need to try to try to be Internet bullying or anything. Move along now

Why are you talking about denning? He's more known for quality engineering then statistician. Did you type in statistics and his name popped up?

Generally people who say they are programmers are liars. People who name drop people like demming are almost certainly liars.

He still was a professor of statistics. While he was great engineering, helped Japan's rebuild (from a non Japanese person) greatly, he still was a statistician,doesn't change the fact what he may have been known best for or not.
  • CPTRogers
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone.

I hope I might weigh in slightly with a bit of data to help give perspective to the problem. I admit, the data I'm about to present is a narrow picture in the grand scheme of the game, considering the number of users and the amount of energy spent in total.

My focus was on Squad Cantina Battle 5-D, looking for Chirpa Shards.

In total, I have spent 408 energy on this particular node. That's 34 sim cards used, attempting to get the little Ewok leader.

In total, I got 22 Chirpa shards thus far. 11 of the 34 attempts gave up Chirpa shards. That roughly puts us at a 32% drop rate out of the 34 attempts (or about 1/3).

I won't say that perhaps I got lucky or that some nodes had higher drop rates today, as I only focused on the one node. There are tons of wild theories we can throw around about different servers perhaps having different drop rates on different characters, etc.

I'd rather believe in Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation being that a few folks had rough RNG today. I can't provide any other factual evidence other than my own. I've seen some people posting that they got 50 or more shards today. I can't substantiate that. I just know what empirical evidence I've collected.

Thanks guys, and May the Fourth be with you.