Great game, but the grind...

Guni
30 posts Member
I usually enjoy this game a lot, in particular I tend to enjoy arena.

My only major criticism of the game is that it is starting to feel so dang grindy right now. I like that there is a lot of things to do, but I don't like the feeling of needing to do every single activity every day to stay somewhat competitive. Early into the game I enjoyed that each match was like a puzzle that needed to be solved, but now I auto through GW while selecting targets and occasionally retreating, in arena after I kill one or two opponents I auto complete the battle typically, and I've been auto completing most everything else (including raids). In my opinion the game could use some less grindy activities and needs a bit more spontaneity. If the game turns into a long checklist of mindless daily activities it could become dull, and I think that would be a shame. Just my 2c.

Replies

• Options
    Guni wrote: »
    I usually enjoy this game a lot, in particular I tend to enjoy arena.

My only major criticism of the game is that it is starting to feel so dang grindy right now. I like that there is a lot of things to do, but I don't like the feeling of needing to do every single activity every day to stay somewhat competitive. Early into the game I enjoyed that each match was like a puzzle that needed to be solved, but now I auto through GW while selecting targets and occasionally retreating, in arena after I kill one or two opponents I auto complete the battle typically, and I've been auto completing most everything else (including raids). In my opinion the game could use some less grindy activities and needs a bit more spontaneity. If the game turns into a long checklist of mindless daily activities it could become dull, and I think that would be a shame. Just my 2c.

Agreed. Grind made it worse for me.
  • Nastynas91
    504 posts Member
    Options
    I, for one, enjoy the grind. I like that the game is competetive
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    I, for one, enjoy the grind. I like that the game is competetive

Grinding for months does not a competition make.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You liked the battles, you enjoyed the game.
    You auto through the battles, game became less fun.

Sounds like maybe you should stop auto-battling.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Battles isn't the grind for the most part. Why would you drain 130 energy doing your own battles and waste all that time for 1 to 4 pieces of parts.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Battles isn't the grind for the most part. Why would you drain 130 energy doing your own battles and waste all that time for 1 to 4 pieces of parts.

You are not the person my answer was meant for.