Resistance team viable?

A full team of Finn, poe, trooper, pilot, Rey. With poe lead or Finn lead.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    All teams are viable because any team can win on offense.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    All teams are viable because any team can win on offense.

100% true.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    I team becomes less viable the worse they are on defense.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    Well, it can be pretty hot.

Problems vs current meta:
    Sloooow. Rey can go, then what? No dispels means you'll be burning down Royal Guards.

No AoE means there's a large chance you can't use those exposes Poe just landed by taunting.

I am about 50/100 on Trooper to complete the set at 7*. All are gear 8 and above.

While they do synergize well, you'll find they can be much better broken up and used in other squads. Might be the best squad for Finn and Trooper, but Pilot, Poe, and Rey can gain greater use of their abilities paired with other toons.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Arillian wrote: »
    Well, it can be pretty hot.

Problems vs current meta:
    Sloooow. Rey can go, then what? No dispels means you'll be burning down Royal Guards.

No AoE means there's a large chance you can't use those exposes Poe just landed by taunting.

I am about 50/100 on Trooper to complete the set at 7*. All are gear 8 and above.

While they do synergize well, you'll find they can be much better broken up and used in other squads. Might be the best squad for Finn and Trooper, but Pilot, Poe, and Rey can gain greater use of their abilities paired with other toons.

I agree. I don't have Trooper but I have the rest maxed out, very disappointed with theach Finn grind. He's too slow to be relevant. Finn should be more of a Support role than a tank. His 3rd ability is very unreliable and you have to waste a turn on his 2nd ability, his kit just ainterested very good.
  • Options
    What if you add mace to the team? He has a dispel and his expose would give a lot of TM to trooper.
    Poe(L)
    Trooper
    Pilot
    Mace
    Rey
  • Options
    What if you add mace to the team? He has a dispel and his expose would give a lot of TM to trooper.
    Poe(L)
    Trooper
    Pilot
    Mace
    Rey

I could but I already have Finn at 4* gear 8 (just need raid gear) so he's already somewhat stared were mace would be from scratch. The only one I would farm from scratch is Rey.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously, don't waste your time with Finn. Rey, Poe, and Pilot are the only ones really worthwhile. Do a mostly Resistance Squad, then add QGJ and another DPS, Support (e.g. Phasma), or Healer.
  • Options
    Seriously, don't waste your time with Finn. Rey, Poe, and Pilot are the only ones really worthwhile. Do a mostly Resistance Squad, then add QGJ and another DPS, Support (e.g. Phasma), or Healer.

Royal Guard then? I am close to level 77 to farm him. Or I could add IG 86. Or even fives. Or would Phasma be better?
  • Saku1313
    44 posts Member
    Options
    I was running Poe (L), Rey, Finn, RP, and Lumi for a while and normally stayed in the top 60. Recently swapped out Poe and Lumi for Phasma and Daka - that team seems to work a little better.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

Royal Guard then? I am close to level 77 to farm him. Or I could add IG 86. Or even fives. Or would Phasma be better?

If you have Poe not sure why you need RG. I guess you could run 2 tanks with Rey, RP, and one more burst DPS character. 86 could fill that role.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Saku1313 wrote: »
    I was running Poe (L), Rey, Finn, RP, and Lumi for a while and normally stayed in the top 60. Recently swapped out Poe and Lumi for Phasma and Daka - that team seems to work a little better.

It depends on how competitive you want to be or is it just for fun. If top 100 is fine or just want to have fun, then a Resistance Squad is fine. If you're aiming top 10 / top 5, then it's not. Which is unfortunate because I prefer running a pure squad of one faction.
  • Options
    I had a recent run in with a gear 10 Rey and she was a monster! 16-17k crits with leverage and flurry. Does make me wonder what she could do with Poe as lead. Since she would be your enemies #1 target it would make some sense to add RG into the squad.
  • Saku1313
    44 posts Member
    Options
    I had a recent run in with a gear 10 Rey and she was a monster! 16-17k crits with leverage and flurry. Does make me wonder what she could do with Poe as lead. Since she would be your enemies #1 target it would make some sense to add RG into the squad.

She one shots Dooku with Poe in the lead and Advantage Up. :)
  • Saku1313
    44 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

It depends on how competitive you want to be or is it just for fun. If top 100 is fine or just want to have fun, then a Resistance Squad is fine. If you're aiming top 10 / top 5, then it's not. Which is unfortunate because I prefer running a pure squad of one faction.

I started resistance squad for fun to go against the current squads I was seeing. Ending up doing pretty well. I've never been in the top 10 at pay out.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

I started resistance squad for fun to go against the current squads I was seeing. Ending up doing pretty well. I've never been in the top 10 at pay out.

If you're doing what you want to do and having fun doing it, then that's awesome and you're getting what you want out of the game. :smile: