Galactic war. Does it draw from arena?

Because that's all I'm getting. I'm seeing no healers. Pure arena teams every node after six. I'm staring at a monster of a team that made me quit gw tonight for the first time in months:

Dooku (L)
QGJ
GS Gear 9
Omega fives gear 9
Omega Rey Gear 9

All level 77

Needless to say, I have no protection by now, and this is not exactly a fair match.

Replies

• Options
    I think so, it can't draw from GW because everyone uses a variety of teams each time. Or maybe just the top 5 power characters on someone's roster
  • Options
    I think so, it can't draw from GW because everyone uses a variety of teams each time. Or maybe just the top 5 power characters on someone's roster

If this is the case, then protection needs to be gone from GW asap. Facing arena teams 6 nodes in a row with no protection of my own is simply not fair. Yeah tell me to L2P...but I just went through 15 7*. Could not complete it for the first time in months due to the onslaught of arena burst damage teams. After that team I listed I got another arena team, this time with Daka and RG.
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    What's your arena power? And what is your A team line up in GW
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Umm what about your bench? GW is all about using your whole roster.
  • Options
    The reason I ask for your A team is that I failed GW for a weak straight after they added protection. Then I made a few changes to my A team and now it's as easy as ever. I barely ever have to use my B team except maybe on the final node. But having a good bench is also very helpful
  • Options
    What's your arena power? And what is your A team line up in GW

A team is:

Lumi (L)
    Dooku
    JC
    GS
    QGJ

This normally can get me to nod 7 before I have to start being more careful. I save barris, RG, and fives till harder ones. I can field a b and c team too
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    @President_Scroob yes it does, there are names at the top of the squads & more often than not I see players from my server.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Umm what about your bench? GW is all about using your whole roster.

I have 15 7* to use. I got a phasma B team, and another team that is there to soak up specials.
  • Options
    And actually I somehow just completed it. Got lucky with my low low toons and got them to use specials. That was without a doubt the most brutal gw I've ever had. I wouldn't have a problem with this....IF it wasn't every stinking night.
  • Options
    Put barriss in as your lead and try that out, I have her at 4* and she has made all the difference in the world for me. My arena power is nearly 33k and my rank is 77. I'd suggest this team for you
    Barriss (L)
    Fives
    Lumi
    GS
    QGJ
    That is if fives is maxed, otherwise leave dooku. That would give you a team almost identical to mine (I run barriss lumi savage fives and GS) and I find GW very easy and enjoyable
  • Options
    Put barriss in as your lead and try that out, I have her at 4* and she has made all the difference in the world for me. My arena power is nearly 33k and my rank is 77. I'd suggest this team for you
    Barriss (L)
    Fives
    Lumi
    GS
    QGJ
    That is if fives is maxed, otherwise leave dooku. That would give you a team almost identical to mine (I run barriss lumi savage fives and GS) and I find GW very easy and enjoyable

I try to save barris and fives till later. Should I not do that? Also there are no stuns there

• Options
    Barriss (L)
    Fives
    Lumi
    GS
    QGJ

I try to save barris and fives till later. Should I not do that? Also there are no stuns there
    You can save them for later if you want, but I use that team and I make it to the end every day. And I don't use any stuns and I do fine

• Options
    Barriss (L)
    Fives
    Lumi
    GS
    QGJ

You can save them for later if you want, but I use that team and I make it to the end every day. And I don't use any stuns and I do fine

What kind of teams do you face?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss (L), RG, Fives, Lumi, JC should be cruise control for 10 nodes, then use the other guys as hit squads.

If you have Ahsoka, she would be better than JC. GW is about stamina. Maybe run a Chewie lead on early nodes until your Protection fades.
  • Options
    Barriss (L)
    Fives
    Lumi
    GS
    QGJ

What kind of teams do you face?
    All 7* always. Starts out high level 60s then quickly get to mid 70s. By node 6 or 7 they are equal to my level or higher. I stagger my heals and do my best to make sure all cooldowns are reset when I finish a battle. I don't face many RGs thankfully but I see dooku lead daka teams all the time.
  • Options
    Barriss (L), RG, Fives, Lumi, JC should be cruise control for 10 nodes, then use the other guys as hit squads.

If you have Ahsoka, she would be better than JC. GW is about stamina. Maybe run a Chewie lead on early nodes until your Protection fades.

My barriss is only 5* Gear 8
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

My barriss is only 5* Gear 8

My barriss is 4* gear 8 and she does fine. In her case, gear is more important than stars
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I'm seeing the typical teams you'd see in the arena throughout the GW. Especially rough ones towards the end.

I almost didn't beat it today for the first time in weeks. I must have spent 1/2 hour on the 11th node alone because I was determined to beat it and get my double rewards.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Run Bariss in your A squad. No need to make her a leader unless you didn't get to heal before the last fight ended.

I run
    Dooku (L)
    Lumi
    Savage
    Bariss
    Sid

Eventually Dooku dies and I sub in Vader with Sid or Lumi as lead. I run my B squad of Jedis for a few rounds once my protection is gone from the A team.

And then my C squad to take out a few toons on the last 3 nodes if I get a run off tough squads.

• Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    Run Bariss in your A squad. No need to make her a leader unless you didn't get to heal before the last fight ended.

I run
    Dooku (L)
    Lumi
    Savage
    Bariss
    Sid

Eventually Dooku dies and I sub in Vader with Sid or Lumi as lead. I run my B squad of Jedis for a few rounds once my protection is gone from the A team.

And then my C squad to take out a few toons on the last 3 nodes if I get a run off tough squads.

Barriss's extra health is a big help for me, but I run a high health team so maybe that's just me