arena strategy- what am I doing wrong?

Ewan
7 posts Member
I am guessing defense is my liability but here it is....
I have been winning pretty much every matchup for a month plus with Dooku lead (5*), GS (3 more shards til 7*), QGJ (6*), IG-86 (7*) and Poggle (7*). All gear 7 or 8 with levels 70 except for Poggle (65).
I am at level 76. I win my matchups, go up to 150's rank and then lose like 100-150 spots each day.
Should I be doing something different on D? (and here is a noob question- does my last squad matchup determine my defense or is it my top five characters on my character list?)
Or is it simply because my guys are not leveled up enough to deter anyone from attacking me.
Appreciate the advice,
Ewan

Replies

• Raevinn
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Several things. First, you're level 76 but your toons are not (70s and a 65). Your Dooku is only 5 star which is easy to kill. You don't have anybody to soak up damage (RG, ST Han)...they all have low-average health. But even if you had the ultimate meta team you won't get up to the top ranks without spending crystals on refreshes for at least several days in a row. Once in the top ranks, you will not drop as much as you do now because people can't attack from as far of a rank as they do now to knock you down.
  • Ewan
    7 posts Member
    Options
    thanks Raevinn. This is helpful! I appreciate it....on the def question, is it my top five ranked guys or the actual five guys I use in my arena battles?
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Defense is based on last team you ran in arena. And I echo Raevinn's advice. Get a damage soaker in there. Once you have a fully geared team, you will want to do one refresh a day in Arena. You'll be surprised at how much you can jump and stay up in arena once you do. Staying at a good ranking on defense isn't about winning, because just about everyone loses the majority of the battles when the AI takes control of their team. Keeping a good ranking is about scaring other teams from attacking you so they skip over you to the next guy. I can say that nobody is scared of a 5* Dooku.
  • Ewan
    7 posts Member
    Options
    awesome thanks Jedi2407, I appreciate this advice.