Make speed matter when multiple have 100 TM?

What I mean by this is explained by example

I use Hk(L), ig88, ig86, JE, jawa
Start off JE goes first, grants everyone TM, and all 4 have max TM
Now RNG decides who goes first
Rather it should be Jawa, ig88, ig86, HK
Do you agree with this? Would it be a buff, or the opposite?
Imo I'd just rather if 88 never went first because it weakens his aoe potential
If jawa always went first at least there's a chance I'll have some debuffs (my jawa has omega aoe)

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    AFAIK know speed does matter in that example, and RNG only breaks a tie?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    This right here is why i havent leveled JEs abilities yet, except for his basic and his heal.
    30 percent TM is already a lot without adding any.

I think screwing around with his recalibrate level might come in handy.

But with hk and jawa tying, you have a 33 percent chance that hk AND jawa will go before 88. 33 percent chance that hk or jawa will go before 88. And a 33 percent chance that 88 will go first. So that is not bad, either.

And people complain about dodge rng. Droids are the king of rng.
  • Options
    I'd like to face off with that team before passing judgement. Off the get go I'd say that a Jawa Engineer droid team doesn't need any help but that might just be my ignorance talking. I have nightmares about when this will become widely spread in arena. But maybe it isn't as scary as it looks on paper.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    AFAIK know speed does matter in that example, and RNG only breaks a tie?

No, when multiple characters are brought to 100% TM, the order is random.

I don't know if it's a bug or intended, but it doesn't really make sense. Speed should be the factor for who goes first.
  • Options
    And what about get 250%tm from hk omega leaders ability when we score 5 crits from aoe ? We move twice or one ?
  • Options
    What I mean by this is explained by example

I use Hk(L), ig88, ig86, JE, jawa
    Start off JE goes first, grants everyone TM, and all 4 have max TM
    Now RNG decides who goes first
    Rather it should be Jawa, ig88, ig86, HK
    Do you agree with this? Would it be a buff, or the opposite?
    Imo I'd just rather if 88 never went first because it weakens his aoe potential
    If jawa always went first at least there's a chance I'll have some debuffs (my jawa has omega aoe)

+1. I have posted this with regards to STH both in the bugs/issues section and here but have received no official response.
  • Options
    Jankers wrote: »
    And what about get 250%tm from hk omega leaders ability when we score 5 crits from aoe ? We move twice or one ?

+1
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Jankers wrote: »

Not the issue here.
    The idea is that when multiple characters reach 100% TM, they'll move according to their speed. So faster characters first, slower last.

Nothing was said about turning more than 100% TM into several turn. TM is capped at 100%, and it should stay that way.
  • Options
    Speed doesn't determine who goes first, turn meter does. Speed is just the metric to determine whose turn meter fills up the fastest. If they all fill up at the same time then it's random
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Speed doesn't determine who goes first, turn meter does. Speed is just the metric to determine whose turn meter fills up the fastest. If they all fill up at the same time then it's random

but still, the turnmeter of the fastest character should hit 100% before the others. In the same turn the others also reach 100%, but it feels like a bug to me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    It has been ever thus, and is clearly an intended mechanic working as it is supposed to. Those are simply the rules we've all learned to play by.

Just because this means that the particular team you're running at this particular moment isn't working exactly the way you want it to doesn't make it a bug.

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Mezmo wrote: »
    It has been ever thus, and is clearly an intended mechanic working as it is supposed to. Those are simply the rules we've all learned to play by.

Just because this means that the particular team you're running at this particular moment isn't working exactly the way you want it to doesn't make it a bug.

I'm not sure it's intended. It would make sense to make the fastest characters act first, even when everyone gets at 100% TM at the same time.
    We don't need more RNG than we actually have.
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Mezmo wrote: »

I'm not sure it's intended. It would make sense to make the fastest characters act first, even when everyone gets at 100% TM at the same time.
    We don't need more RNG than we actually have.

Well, when something has been openly discussed as a feature rather than a "bug," pretty much since the game's inception, you can be pretty sure.

Whether you can make an argument that it should be nonetheless changed -- which I disagree with, but that's admittedly just my opinion (and the settled expectations dictated by the established rule set) -- that's another question. But not a bug.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    I think we should be able to choose who to use. Because I always get multiple chars with 100% and if theres a han taunt, everyone goes and then my qgj goes last like wth lol. Free tm and then I take away the taunt, it's pretty dumb lol