Forum Feature Request

Some members of this forum add little to the discussions aside from disparaging remarks and personal attacks. I know the moderators do the best they can to remove objectionable content, but I've noticed that there are a few folks who consistently post within the boundaries of the rules yet, in my opinion, add no value. Could you add a feature for us to "ignore" particular members, their replies and their discussions?
It would certainly make the forums more enjoyable if I could filter the people who make a point to only post complaints, attacks and other sentiments that degrade the enjoyment of participating in these forums.
Thank you for your consideration.

Replies

• Options
    @EA_Jesse any chance you could run this idea up the flagpole and see if it has legs?
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    i'm not Mr. Joe freakin' serious but i would use an Ignore User feature if available.
  • Options
    How about a sense of humour button
  • Options
    @Cometheloser would the sense of humor button put whiney and depressing post through a hilarity filter?
  • Options
    Nope
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Noted and asked for.
    The trolling is something we are *really* trying to get a handle on. I wish I could spend half the time I spend dealing with a few people doing more positive things like directing people to solutions or helping with real issues or questions.

It's not easy when some feel the forum is a game in itself and just have the need to seek attention or be silly.

We try.. we *REALLY* try. I can promise you that. :|
  • Options
    Point taken :#
  • Options
    I apologise to op I meant no harm B)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply @BentWookiee. I appreciate what you and the other moderators do. Part of what inspired me to request this feature was seeing you have to clean out a bunch of garbage posts from a really good discussion thread.
    Cheers and thank you for your time
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Noted and asked for.
    The trolling is something we are *really* trying to get a handle on. I wish I could spend half the time I spend dealing with a few people doing more positive things like directing people to solutions or helping with real issues or questions.

It's not easy when some feel the forum is a game in itself and just have the need to seek attention or be silly.

We try.. we *REALLY* try. I can promise you that. :|

any status update regarding this function?
    the same combative malcontents and pedantic tripe day in and day out, sifting through really drains the enjoyment from an otherwise enjoyable forum.. i don't have a background in programming so i can only guess how daunting implementing this feature might be... please and thank you.