Kylo/Finn 4* bundle for $100

Hey guys, new here, so I apologize if this has been addressed already...tried searching, but received limited results.

Is the Kylo/Finn 4* bundle worth the $100? I am level 38, and just started a week ago. But, I am hitting a lot of dead ends, and getting frustrated.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Options
    Duh..of course you should get it. This game is your hobby if I were you I would get it right now! but then again if you open some cheaper packs..you might get some other good 4* as well...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Only you can answer that question. Are you sure you like the game? Do you plan to play it a lot? Do you plan to spend $ regularly?
    It's an expensive pack, and you should know that both of the lead characters can be farmed in game. I passed on this pack myself, and in 3 or 4 days will have Kylo at 7*. Finn will be equally easy to farm as he also has a Cantina fight where his shards drop. That same $100 will get you 15,710 crystals, which will buy a LOT of Cantina refreshes and other goodies.
    It's up to you. I don't consider this a must-have pack, and the price is inflated because of the new movie hype.
    At your level you should also have other packs available. IMO the droid and heroine packs are both better values, and the $5 pack is a no-brainer.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it's not worth it, The droid and heroine packs are better for that price, heroes wise. Droids are specially good for the price, in my opinion. You get a lot of crystals with Kylo pack, but you could buy some with the money you save.
  • Ranivoos
    102 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    if youre looking at cost to value, in my opinon its worth it.
    im working off memory here but i believe its something like
    4* kylo
    3* finn + 40 shards
    7000 gems worth $50
    500,000 credits worth about $5
    And the rest are extra shards. i think over 100 shards total.
    so if you believe the value of the toons snd shards are worth $45 (imo theyre worth over $75) then i think you should get it. it skips time and energy for farming all those shards.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I sincerely appreciate the advice. Still unsure...any other opinions?

The draw was not just the 2 (4*) especially since I only have 4 dark side toons now (3* dooku, Royal guard, talia, and a snow trooper , but more the amount of gems I get with it. 5750 and 300k

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You're paying 10,000 gems for those characters. For context, you could use those 10,000 gems to unlock two full Cantina refills per day for a month. On average, that would net you 240 shards for those characters (which with your free Cantina energy is enough to get both to 5*) AND 150 shards from Cantina shipments (enough to unlock 2 or 3 more characters) AND 12,000 XP AND a bunch of training droids and ability mats and other stuff.
    The only reason to buy the pack is if you lack patience, or if you plan to spend so much $ on the game that it doesn't really matter (e.g. you plan to buy a $99 gem pack and do the Cantina refills also.)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    You're paying 10,000 gems for those characters. For context, you could use those 10,000 gems to unlock two full Cantina refills per day for a month. On average, that would net you 240 shards for those characters (which with your free Cantina energy is enough to get both to 5*) AND 150 shards from Cantina shipments (enough to unlock 2 or 3 more characters) AND 12,000 XP AND a bunch of training droids and ability mats and other stuff.
    The only reason to buy the pack is if you lack patience, or if you plan to spend so much $ on the game that it doesn't really matter (e.g. you plan to buy a $99 gem pack and do the Cantina refills also.)

^^^Correct^^^

Bottom line here is speed.
    You buy you get it today and are out $100

You buy the $100 crystal pak and can farm them free over time BUT will likely come out ahead in the end for the same $100

If u want it now, get it.
    If u can hold out, farm it free slowly OR buy the crystals an farm it faster
  • Options
    Not worth it IMO
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    Not worth it at all just spend the 100 on gems and then spend those on ad many chromium packs as yiu can get you should unlock a fair amount of fair characters
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    While Qeltar is right, an aspect he didn't take in account is how those chars help you. If your server is new and top competition isn't too hard, having extra useful toons will help you to stay muchos higher in the ranks, thus getting cree resources. A month in the top 10 will give you 10k+ crystals. So if those toons help you to be in the top of tour arena, and you clear GW full thanks to it, it may be worth it.
    Also, an extra char early On helps to clear contento quickly, giving you more free points from achievrments, that you can use to keep tour team above average level and get free resources.

So while in general the crtsrals give more, if purchssed in the right moment, good chars can have a snowball efect. I was top 200-500 before I bought the Droid pack, and I stay in the top 20 now.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You're right, and I agree with the droid and heroine packs for those reasons. And yes Kylo and Finn can help there too. It's only the chromium packs that I think are a bad idea.
  • Options
    I dont like Kylo. All you have to do is ignore him until he's the last one left and most of his benefits are negated (dmg while under 75% and counterattack when hit). Leave him until the end and just sits there doing next to nothing.

Get the droid pack and level them up to 7 stars. All the characters in it are farmable and the pack will give you a big headstart. No one uses droid counters because the counters kinda suck. Most importantly, OMG the damage. Levelled and starred droid teams with poe or poggle or sidious or even old ben/vader will dominate everything except the highest spenders with their first order teams.
  • ShadowHound
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This pack is way overpriced. You're better of buying a 100$ worth of gems and farming cantina. That's of course if you want to spend a 100 bucks
  • Options
    It's very simple. If you are a free player, don't buy it. If you're willing to spend money get the pack. Just know, It'll probably cost over $1,000 to make the pack useful since 4* characters won't make most teams any better unless you're under Level 20...
  • Options
    These dung heap packs are still being offered? I thought CG was apologizing for these pricing mishaps by no longer offering them to anyone.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    It's very simple. If you are a free player, don't buy it. If you're willing to spend money get the pack. Just know, It'll probably cost over $1,000 to make the pack useful since 4* characters won't make most teams any better unless you're under Level 20...
    Those chars are farmable, sobre can finish his stars later on without spending more. Buying then is just to speed things up
  • Options
    I bought the pack. But then I also bought a few Chromiums.

Now get this, I didn't buy any of the other packs! Hahaha...

My wife just started playing and she got the droid pack. Best to go for that. And since you're soon going to unlock Galactic Wars, get the heroine pack. Helps a lot.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Seeing people want that 100 dollar pack offered again makes me sad lol
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    Hey guys, new here, so I apologize if this has been addressed already...tried searching, but received limited results.

Is the Kylo/Finn 4* bundle worth the $100? I am level 38, and just started a week ago. But, I am hitting a lot of dead ends, and getting frustrated.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!!

I bought it and don't use either one :/
    --Nud Stark--