Is Phasma better than GS now for arena?

Sysy
307 posts Member
Hi there

I am currently running a maxed GS under Dooku lead with Rey, RG, and QGJ. I am also gearing up Phasma and want to know if a g10 Phasma is better than g10 GS in arena.

I had a major difficulty in beating the arena team of warmonkey yesterday. He run Rex lead with Sun Fac, QGJ, Phasma, and Rey. Any advice on how to beat that squad with my guys?

Thanks in advance.
swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You need to show us your roster.
  • Options
    Offense, yes. Defence, Royal Guard+Hans
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    Not 'better' but Phasma has some nice synergies with rebel teams and TM teams. GS is pretty effective as well. They both have a lot of utility. GS isn't the tier 1 super-duper-attacker that Rey is but he's still capable of pushing out some good DPS quickly.
  • Options
    I recommend Phasma instead of Dooku. Dooku is so easy to kill now he isn't worth it imo
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @Timitock I thought I did. I am mostly F2P except the 6 of them others are too far behind in lvl and gear. You can find my roster at swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Most characters aren't just plug and play based on stats you should build teams based on synergies, how well their skill sets work together, and try to make sure that every character on your team has a role.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    GS plays well with phasma. GS gains 50% TM on crit. So advantage gives GS an automatic 50% TM. Phasma as lead can mean GS gets called out several times. If he crits, it's more TM. GS can be machine gun like with phasma lead.

I wouldn't replace one for the other. They fulfill different roles.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma lead keep GS and lose dooku without a doubt
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Options
    dooku is indispensable facing likes of qgj and/or yoda ;)
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Not used dooku in months.. well since the nerf bat came calling

Find him an irritance more than anything else.. dps yes great but armour like sugar paper
  • Options
    You should use phasma lead over dooku honestly. Storm trooper Han is a hard counter to him. Not to mention dooku doesn't have a lot of health. His only utility in the top 10 is destroying qui gons.. I'd take Genosian soldier and phasma on my team before I use dooku. I'm not sure on how to beat that team as I've only faced sun fac once and Rex once. But I recommend taking out Rey or qui gon first if she has foresight. Also, phasma is my favorite character and the best all around support imo, alongside ackbar who was also reworked very well.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't know, I've tried both. Using Phasma means no evasion bonus and evasion is a bit of a game-changer when it goes your way.

The 20% assist doesn't seem to proc anywhere near as often as the 15% evasion.
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I don't know, I've tried both. Using Phasma means no evasion bonus and evasion is a bit of a game-changer when it goes your way.

That is so true. When Phasma leads I see 2-3 assist per game, but with Dooku lead I see around 10 or more dodges. Definitely something is wrong with this percentage.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Not 'better' but Phasma has some nice synergies with rebel teams and TM teams. GS is pretty effective as well. They both have a lot of utility. GS isn't the tier 1 super-duper-attacker that Rey is but he's still capable of pushing out some good DPS quickly.

GS absolutely is a tier 1 DPS toon - there is no question about it. Rey is simply off the scale entirely.
  • Options
    I use them both. They both are worthy of rostering. If you can fit them both in, it's very rewarding!
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Jakkal wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »

That is so true. When Phasma leads I see 2-3 assist per game, but with Dooku lead I see around 10 or more dodges. Definitely something is wrong with this percentage.

Dooku percentage is on TOP of whatever the toon already has. It could be 50-60% for Lumi or another high dodge toon. The 15% bonus is additive.

Phasma is 20%, so there is little chance her attacks will proc a often as Dooku dodge. I get 2-3 attacks per match with Phasma, it's worthless. Dooku with higher chance of dodge can prevent Rey or Geo from wrecking your team. Stopping 2 or 3 of those attacks is more valuable than 2-3 extra basic attacks.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You would do a lot of people (as well as yourself) a favor if you let go of Dooku lead. Not only is Phasma better in offense as leader but she is actually fun to play.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys. I have benched my maxed GS with a maxed Phasma today. The ranks I dropped so far seems normal. Perhaps there isn't any real differences under Dooku lead. For those who think I should bench Dooku lead, I will not do that as my g10 Dooku has 24k health. That means he has gone a long way from the his squishy 15k self at g8. In my server, Dooku lead is much more deterrent defensively than Phasma. No top folks use Phasma lead here so if I use her, I will be targeted.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would be choosing between Dooku and Phasma, not GS and Phasma. Whichever you run as lead, you will get best synergy from high damage toons, and not many better than GS.