Why does IG-86 have 164% potency and IG-88 have 60%?

LeoRavus
1165 posts Member
What does IG-86 need potency for? His gear doesn't seem to be correct for his abilities unless he does something I'm not aware of.

Replies

• scuba
    14246 posts Member
    You mean like why does daka, Chewbacca, teebo and may others have special damage above 0 and have no attacks that deal special damage...

It is crazy these characters that apply debuffs have low potency.
  • Because reasons and citations!
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Because it takes a large team to come up with these genius stats for each character...unless they're just trying to make each toon harder to gear for less benefit...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Because they tweaked the gear to make the toons balanced.

Instead of inventing purple scrotums to fill slots, they just used what was there using gear that gave meaningless stats, where it resulted in balance.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera shouldn't 86 and 88's potency numbers be switched? IG-86 has higher potency than Yoda.
  • StarSon
    7573 posts Member
    At what gear levels? Because my G8 88 has 0% potency. *sadpanda*
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Because, half the stuff doesn't make sense. That'd be silly if it did! Give tons of potency to someone who requires none, yet give terrible potency to someone who only debuffs (tarkin) brilliant.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Well like many toons it all might change since we're not at the end game yet. Kind of like how now lots of toons that had nothing are getting huge boosts in certain areas. Like RP who had horrible potency for her expose skill but gains 110% potency in gear 10 alone. Maybe 88 gets more potency at gear 12+ and 86 gets negative status effects added to his attacks
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    At what gear levels? Because my G8 88 has 0% potency. *sadpanda*

Gears 10 and 11
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Well like many toons it all might change since we're not at the end game yet. Kind of like how now lots of toons that had nothing are getting huge boosts in certain areas. Like RP who had horrible potency for her expose skill but gains 110% potency in gear 10 alone. Maybe 88 gets more potency at gear 12+ and 86 gets negative status effects added to his attacks

This. We can't know what's coming.

And well, the devs needed to fill these slots, so I guess they just filled them according to difficulty of the farm/amount of chracters who use the same gear/other unknown reasons.