My last 6 nodes of GW

Replies

• Serpit
    61 posts Member
    Options
    I generally finish GW everyday mostly for the credits. It gets ridiculous when you get multiple consecutive hard teams in a row. Please note, a lot of people have just one very strong team used in arena, one toon loss can be devastating. It is very easy to loose one or more when dealing with certain comps as shown by the poster. You have to retreat a lot and get those clutch stuns in order to progress. It is boring and frustrating at the same time.

I don't care if the last fight is hard but situations like posted above, I just quit for the day since it is just painful.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, as time passes, we develop additional strong teams to use in GW. I still think they need to adjust the difficulty a little as you progress and only max difficulty on the last fight.
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    drdavee wrote: »
    QuiteDrunk wrote: »
    Lasserini wrote: »
    Posted in the wrong place:

Go here instead of clutting up the general forum with GW complains:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/galactic-war

Trolling is against TOS. Your posts add nothing of value to the discussion and simply attempt to derail the thread. He created a valid post to discuss something that impacts much of the player base. Your next post in a thread about GW should be a video of you completing it in 30 minutes or less against arena mets teams like you claim to do...but we know you can't.

+1 op. GW is a drag. It takes forever, is not fun, and offers garbage rewards.

He may have created a valid post, but it is like the 10th of the day in the same subject matter. In my opinion that is by definition trolling.

Stop creating new post and post in a post that is already open.

why do you care? so what if this is the 10th post of the day.... have the dev's acknowledged this problem? no??? then make one hundred more danm posts until they do.

shout, scream, make some noise because puckering up your lips and kissing the mods **** will get you nowhere. we have a right to complain and this forum is the place to do just that.

if you do not like the subject matter then please do NOT CLICK THE LINK only to complain about our complaining... that is by definition retarrded.

I have a simple solution, you don't like GW, then don't play it. Done.

For someone unwilling or unable to pay for credit packs, GW is the primary source for credits. Credits are necessary for leveling, upgrading abilities and crafting gear. Being unable to do any of that means you can't play the game in any capacity. So your solution is for someone so quit the game because they don't like a single mode? Is this your viewpoint on any mechanic that someone doesn't like? And you accused him of trolling? :/

I never said quit playing the game, I said quit playing GW. If he wants to do GW for the credits and complains about how hard it is, then that is his problem. It isn't suppose to be easy. My simple solution still stands, if you think it is too hard, then don't play it. If your guild is clearing a raid everyday like mine then that is 250k/day right there. Then your squad is another 100k, then cantana is another 100k. Those are all easier.

You know, I think in your eyes, anybody who disagrees with you is a troll.
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    Options
    Parad1sel wrote: »

Trolling is against TOS. Your posts add nothing of value to the discussion and simply attempt to derail the thread. He created a valid post to discuss something that impacts much of the player base. Your next post in a thread about GW should be a video of you completing it in 30 minutes or less against arena mets teams like you claim to do...but we know you can't.

He may have created a valid post, but it is like the 10th of the day in the same subject matter. In my opinion that is by definition trolling.

Fairly simple, squeaky wheel gets the grease. Cs logs in, 1 gw thread, easily ignored. 50 gw threads by different people Is harder to ignore. Sure it's a tad annoying but just don't click on those posts.

Look, he called somebody a troll for saying to put it all in one post so we don't all have to shift through the 5000000 GW threads to see one interesting post about somebody clearing phase 1 solo. To me, the 50000000 GW threads IS TROLLING
  • Options

why do you care? so what if this is the 10th post of the day.... have the dev's acknowledged this problem? no??? then make one hundred more danm posts until they do.

shout, scream, make some noise because puckering up your lips and kissing the mods **** will get you nowhere. we have a right to complain and this forum is the place to do just that.

if you do not like the subject matter then please do NOT CLICK THE LINK only to complain about our complaining... that is by definition retarrded.

For someone unwilling or unable to pay for credit packs, GW is the primary source for credits. Credits are necessary for leveling, upgrading abilities and crafting gear. Being unable to do any of that means you can't play the game in any capacity. So your solution is for someone so quit the game because they don't like a single mode? Is this your viewpoint on any mechanic that someone doesn't like? And you accused him of trolling? :/

I never said quit playing the game, I said quit playing GW. If he wants to do GW for the credits and complains about how hard it is, then that is his problem. It isn't suppose to be easy. My simple solution still stands, if you think it is too hard, then don't play it. If your guild is clearing a raid everyday like mine then that is 250k/day right there. Then your squad is another 100k, then cantana is another 100k. Those are all easier.

And GW gives 450 for completion. It's the main source of credits, and not completing it will put you behind in leveling. I think you know this but just want to be contrarian.
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

And GW gives 450 for completion. It's the main source of credits, and not completing it will put you behind in leveling. I think you know this but just want to be contrarian.

So what is your solution? just give us the 450k everyday on login? It is suppose to be hard. Sometimes i do not finish it, oh well, i am not going to complain about it because I still have 11/12 done.

I mean, it isn't like you get zero if you don't go 12/12.
  • Options

Mate, really are you serius? Don't play? I need something like 40 mil to level and star my chars! Raid cantina and challenges are not in any way even close to get those credits in a reasonable time!
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    superspada wrote: »

Mate, really are you serius? Don't play? I need something like 40 mil to level and star my chars! Raid cantina and challenges are not in any way even close to get those credits in a reasonable time!

There you go, key words "reasonable time". If you don't have the time, guess what, you will get less credits that day. Oh well. It happens. You will get that 40 mill, eventually... Just not today
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

You can disagree and not be a troll. You are a troll if you tell someone to just not play the single biggest source of credits in the game and expect them to maintain a roster of competing in anything. You're kidding yourself if you think being competitive isn't very important in this game. In essence you are telling them to quit the game.

So yea your solution of "just quit" so you don't have to endure another GW thread that you voluntarily clicked on and participated in is pretty troll like.
  • Options

You can disagree and not be a troll. You are a troll if you tell someone to just not play the single biggest source of credits in the game and expect them to maintain a roster of competing in anything. You're kidding yourself if you think being competitive isn't very important in this game. In essence you are telling them to quit the game.

So yea your solution of "just quit" so you don't have to endure another GW thread that you voluntarily clicked on and participated in is pretty troll like.

Just ignore him
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Yes, twist my words making seem like I said quit the game when I listed how to make money not using GW.

I apologize, you are not acting like a troll at all. (BTW, i am scared that you will take this as true. So I wanted to also make notice that I am using sarcasm. You are still by definition a troll.)
  • Options
    Seriously, just ignore it and it will go away.
  • superspada
    69 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

There you go, key words "reasonable time". If you don't have the time, guess what, you will get less credits that day. Oh well. It happens. You will get that 40 mill, eventually... Just not today

I think you are missing the point. GW for some players is very time consuming, I'm able to finish it every single day, and earn all those credits. Imo, for a happier community the devs might make some changes in order to make GW shorter, or keep it at the same but with double rewards, so that actually at least is worth the efforts. You also may have forgot that we are getting the same rewards as when we were Lv 60...
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind the difficulty of GW if the rewards matches, but 488K and a handful of crystals some ability mats, a couple of training droids and 1-3 random shards, that was fine back when the cap was 60, but at 80 it's a joke, and sadly they made it so people is depending on completing that joke.

Raise the credit amount and throw in some raid only gear and maybe an omega mat on last node, or lower the difficulty to match the winnings
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options

I think you are missing the point. GW for some players is very time consuming, I'm able to finish it every single day, and earn all those credits. Imo, for a happier community the devs might make some changes in order to make GW shorter, or keep it at the same but with double rewards, so that actually at least is worth the efforts. You also may have forgot that we are getting the same rewards as when we were Lv 60...
    Isn't it level 40 rewards? Thats when GW unlocks isn't it?
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    Options

Scroob, you do know I am OK with your post. I took offense when Mr. Telaan called somebody else a troll for asking you not to make a new post.

• drdavee
    155 posts Member
    Options

I mean, yeah for a happier community. Also for a happier community we should just give everybody all 10* max level heroes. Where is the line drawn. It is suppose to be challenging not easy. And it is suppose to take time, otherwise, I would log on for 10 min everyday sim everything and I am done till tomorrow.
  • Options

Yeah, even worse, you are right Scoob Lv 40
  • Options

Scroob, you do know I am OK with your post. I took offense when Mr. Telaan called somebody else a troll for asking you not to make a new post.

I don't really care. You are missing the point. What I care about is GW is the only bulk sum of credits available each day in this game, and I cannot level toons without it. I complete it every day, but it takes over an hour every day due to dodge meta teams back to back after node 9. two days ago I spent over 30 minutes on two nodes of the same team. It's not "difficult." What you have is an artificial difficulty, which imo, the devs have in place to attempt to frustrate you into not doing GW and buying credit packs.

For that reason I doubt any changes to make it easier or less grindy will be made. You have to look at everything through the lense of greed with this dev
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    The problem isn't that GW is hard, it's that it is tedious. It's just not fun to play. I'd rather GW was a rotation of themed campaigns than the same set of "random" arena teams every node every day for months.

Every month could be a faction themed campaign, with 1 battle available each day. . If they had one campaign a month, designing 12 campaigns would cover the whole year with "event" style content to look forward to. They could show off new and upcoming characters as mid and final bosses.

Basically a 28 day campaign, a true Galactic War. Every 7 days would be a campaign themed mid-boss battle, with the final battle of week 4 being a full on miniraid style end boss.

I know that's a lot of work and probably won't happen, but I can dream.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

So we get rewards meant for a level 40 player, with difficulty meant for a level 80. Just saying that makes me sound (I can't believe you censored this word...what are we 2nd graders?). I mean, come on. One would think it would be common sense
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Yes, twist my words making seem like I said quit the game when I listed how to make money not using GW.

I apologize, you are not acting like a troll at all. (BTW, i am scared that you will take this as true. So I wanted to also make notice that I am using sarcasm. You are still by definition a troll.)

It's not a twist. It's what you are in essence saying. Cut your income by 50% and see how this game plays out for you.

All because you don't want to endure a thread on GW. Even better advice that I can pass on to you is just don't click on any thread involving this topic. It will save you from making ridiculous statements like skipping a game mode that nets the single largest amount of credits.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    The problem isn't that GW is hard, it's that it is tedious. It's just not fun to play. I'd rather GW was a rotation of themed campaigns than the same set of "random" arena teams every node every day for months.

Every month could be a faction themed campaign, with 1 battle available each day. . If they had one campaign a month, designing 12 campaigns would cover the whole year with "event" style content to look forward to. They could show off new and upcoming characters as mid and final bosses.

Basically a 28 day campaign, a true Galactic War. Every 7 days would be a campaign themed mid-boss battle, with the final battle of week 4 being a full on miniraid style end boss.

I know that's a lot of work and probably won't happen, but I can dream.

Or even better. Make specific bosses. Like a dianoga or some other creature. But that would take effort. Look at Dengar. Just a reskin of magma trooper. This dev isn't into effort
  • superspada
    69 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    The problem isn't that GW is hard, it's that it is tedious.

^^^ THIS ^^^
  • Options

So we get rewards meant for a level 40 player, with difficulty meant for a level 80.

^^^ AND THIS ^^^
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

It's not a twist. It's what you are in essence saying. Cut your income by 50% and see how this game plays out for you.

All because you don't want to endure a thread on GW. Even better advice that I can pass on to you is just don't click on any thread involving this topic. It will save you from making ridiculous statements like skipping a game mode that nets the single largest amount of credits.

I am confused then. Do you want GW or do you not want GW? If you are complaining about GW, then don't do it. If you think the rewards are worth it, then stop complaining and do them. Coming on here DEMANDING a nerf by making 100000 posts is just immature. Go to you boss right now and DEMAND him to make your job easier, lets see what happens.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I am confused then. Do you want GW or do you not want GW? If you are complaining about GW, then don't do it. If you think the rewards are worth it, then stop complaining and do them. Coming on here DEMANDING a nerf is just immature. Go to you boss right now and DEMAND him to make your job easier, lets see what happens.

You really don't get it. He doesn't want to do GW. He doesn't think the rewards are worth it (no one does) but they are still the best rewards in the game and you will set yourself back if you don't do it. So basically... Don't want to do it but have to=chore

and comparing this to a job is just silly. You really need to quit while you are behind.
  • Options

I am confused then. Do you want GW or do you not want GW? If you are complaining about GW, then don't do it. If you think the rewards are worth it, then stop complaining and do them. Coming on here DEMANDING a nerf is just immature. Go to you boss right now and DEMAND him to make your job easier, lets see what happens.

We are just asking a rework for something that is clearly broken. You can agree or not. I btw find immature arguing for the sake of arguing. If you don t have any trouble with GW why on earth you are posting in this thread?
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    If you don t have any trouble with GW why on earth you are posting in this thread?

It's completely reasonable to post in a thread where people are having problems to say you aren't. If everyone in the community said one way or the other you'd have an actual consensus on if there is a problem or not.

Rewards don't match the difficulty is a reasonably complaint imo. I don't think the difficulty unto itself is though.

• drdavee
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

We are just asking a rework for something that is clearly broken. You can agree or not. I btw find immature arguing for the sake of arguing. If you don t have any trouble with GW why on earth you are posting in this thread?

I btw find that posting 100000 topics that are the same topic IS arguing for the sake of arguing which according to you is immature.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    BoboFoot wrote: »
    If you don t have any trouble with GW why on earth you are posting in this thread?

It's completely reasonable to post in a thread where people are having problems to say you aren't. If everyone in the community said one way or the other you'd have an actual consensus on if there is a problem or not.

Rewards don't match the difficulty is a reasonably complaint imo. I don't think the difficulty unto itself is though.

Well, here's a question for you. Do you find GW to be fun? I don't actually have any trouble completing it, but I find it to be a massive bore. I don't think it's to hard, I haven't missed a completion in months, but I do want them to add some spice to the setup. My pitch from earlier might be a bit too much work, but there has to be something they can do to relieve the monotony.