Question on Arena strategy

I'm running Sid, Lumi, JC, Dooku and Fett. I generally finish top 3 spots depending on how my timing is and how sniping falls.

I do have trouble with Poe plus glass or Phasma + Poe teams. For instance, I lost badly tonight to Phasma, Poe, Ren, Geo soldier and Lumi.

Generally, I start with Dooku who has a roughly 40% chance of stunning Poe. If he is stunned, I win, if not, I will usually loose. Tonight I didn't get the stun.

I'm working on leveling up other characters so I can field my own Phasma/Fo team as well as a Poe + glass cannons team. In the mean time, I was curious, *with my current team* is there something else I should be doing, or is this a situation where, my build is going to be dependent on getting the initial stun on Poe (ie I only have about a 40% chance of winning), in which case, I will deal with it by switching out teams when I see these builds, or am I missing something. Should my makeup be viable against this team even without landing the stun on Poe.

Im not calling for a nerf here and I'm already working on leveling up some other toons to field a different team here. My question is whether I'm perhaps doing something wrong such that I should be better able to defeat this team with the current line up.

You're input is appreciated

Replies

• Options
    If you can't beat em join em strategy seems to be smart, turn meter manipulation would be the best bet, but the only ones who are faster than Poe is dooku and/or another Poe and at that rate it's a coin flip
  • Options
    If you can't beat em join em strategy seems to be smart, turn meter manipulation would be the best bet, but the only ones who are faster than Poe is dooku and/or another Poe and at that rate it's a coin flip

That's kind of where I'm at. I just wanted to see if I was doing something wrong with the team I had or if I needed to use a different strategy. In the end I think that team on AI defense is just better than the team i'm fielding and it comes down to the roughly 40/60 split I mentioned

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Replace Fett (who mostly takes up space). A high star Daka gives you more chances to quickly stun nasty enemies.

In general though, Poe is just busted.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I have same squad but I have daka instead of jc.

B4 I met poe, my strat is aoe with sid & boba to finish off their glass cannon after taunt. That doesn't work against poe.

If dooku fail to stun poe, I still nuke him. He usually down in a full round. If ai aim boba, i'm saved. If ai kill daka, I can still go on. If I lose lumi or sid, it's over.

I have drop dooku & boba. Replaced by phasma & geno soldier. +getting poe too
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies all. I unfortunately don't have Daka and am in the middle of leveling up Poe so I don't want to divert to pick up Daka yet, but will eventually. I'm slowly getting closer to being able to field a viable glass canons plus poe team as well as a Phasma assist/counter team