Event UI is bugged, the dev's know and will get it fixed eventually

Sparrow
525 posts Member
edited June 2016
TL:RD see the title

Longer story over on Reddit one of the awesome Dev's has confirmed that the UI shows a summation of all possible rewards in an event. So if it says 10 shards that is because it is drawing from a loot table that has a possibility of 1, or 2, or 3, or 4 shards, the sum of which is 10.

Unfortunately this fix is not a simple one and will require an update through the app store, not a trivial thing.

So when designing the event they had the choice, give really bad rewards so the US is correct, or give better rewards but have the UI blow it up. they chose better rewards.

And before you complain, if the event just gave 1 shard then the possible rewards would look right, it would just be crepe*.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah but we spent on refreshes
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm I spent crystals refreshing to try to get these great rewards. More apology crystals!!
  • Options
    Then why there was not the same problem with droid or play to give event??
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Just trying to get a little PSA out there, it sucks but at least the more you know....
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yeah it's honestly kinda messed* up that it shows 2million credits when that's actually NOT possible. They haven't even made a statement about it, but that's to be expected by the devs. They have worse customer service than the DMV
  • Options
    I don't believe this explanation for a second. Nope.
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    I had a guild member state that they got 750k from the middle tier
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    So when designing the event they had the choice, give really bad rewards so the US is correct, or give better rewards but have the UI blow it up. they chose better rewards.

So why not let everyone know before we spend crystals on this?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, so they released an Event they knew to be bugged?
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, I refreshed a few times and all I got was JKG shards.

Not once on completing any of the event challenges did I receive purple ability mats.
  • Options
    Sparrow wrote: »

So why not let everyone know before we spend crystals on this?

You just answered your own question... They want you to spend crystals, then go buy some more!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Wait, so they released an Event they knew to be bugged?

Of course! And it's our job as beta testers to point out these bugs. Mission accomplished! :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    is it really difficult to give everyone some credits/crystals and call it a day?
  • Options
    The only way to correct the problem, is to send everyone the max rewards for the three tiers. If you sent everyone the three max rewards, then if you refreshed or not, you still got the max rewards at least once.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Knowingly releasing faulty product is fraudulent business practice.
  • Options
    Can you imagine buying a lottery that is a 1mil jackpot, only to find out that the max reward is $10 per person and the 1mil represents the sum of everyone's winnings?! Lol ridiculous
  • Options
    Honestly you've just got to tip your cap to this move. Can't imagine how much extra they made today off of suckers like me. Whoever came up with that plan should either demand a raise or start looking for a job on wallstreet
  • Options

Hahaha it's a game, tons of games are released with bugs
  • Options
    Womp_Womp wrote: »

It doesn't matter whether it is a game. It caused people to waste real life money.
  • Options

It doesn't matter whether it is a game. It caused people to waste real life money.

Bleh you made a choice too, good luck with your lawsuit against every video game company.
  • Options
    Why are we always the ones to test new content? Do any of the devs play the game? Maybe they can pay the guy that cleans up their cigarette butts and moutain dew bottles some overtime as a beta tester.
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

"Cause" would be EA/CG reaching into your e-wallet and taking your money, or auto-refreshing, or mind-controlling you into spending it. If you spent money or Crystals, that's on you. And the first time was free. If you didn't get anywhere near what you were expecting on that attempt, why on earth would you spend resources to do it again?
  • Options

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

"Cause" would be EA/CG reaching into your e-wallet and taking your money, or auto-refreshing, or mind-controlling you into spending it. If you spent money or Crystals, that's on you. And the first time was free. If you didn't get anywhere near what you were expecting on that attempt, why did you do it again?
    While I party agree with you, in the possible rewards section, the first time rewards had low credit values and shard values. Then in the other section it had millions of credits. This was pretty confusing as that is a huge range of possible outcomes, and they usually aren't like that. One possible explanation would be that ft he first time you get 50k, and the second time you get 2 million. I'm not saying that makes perfect sense, but the fact that they gave so little explanation makes confusion arise
  • Options
    I refreshed many times, and only got fewer shards, I thought something was wrong.
    Now I want my crystals back!!
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    I refreshed many times, and only got fewer shards, I thought something was wrong.
    Now I want my crystals back!!

Careful, there's a wookie on the prowl
  • Options
    I also refreshed 2 times in middle tier and 4 times in the last one. Just hoping RNG would shine down 2 million credits on me but now I know it was basically false advertising.