Furnaces

Alexone
3646 posts Member
edited June 2016
Are they still in shipments after the update or have they been replaced by droid callers now? And you have to wait 6 weeks to get A CHANCE at getting a furnace as f2p in the next 2 weeks? So 2 months i should wait to upgrade my Han/Leia who need a furnace each? If someone confirms this is true, im outta here, this is not what i signed up for. All the whales have all the furnaces they need now and soon, droid callers and scanners too (so of course they rejoice at the droid callers being in shipments instead). This trash solution to pre-craft only applies more brakes to f2p and frankly, i've had enough. So...can anyone confirm this?

Replies

• Options
    I have around 75 furnace salvage as FTP. Enough currency to buy 25 more if I wanted.

They didn't take furnaces or salvages out of raids
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I am asking about shipments. I do not care about raids. I've gotten 25 pieces of furnace salvages in 24 or so raids. So no, thank you i need them in shipments or they need to address the raid rewards system from guilds and make them much better.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    That should be right (I haven't seen either in shipments since the update). Not a great ftp solution to precrafting.
    On the other hand, you should be gaining mats from raiding, and guild currency. So while it may be slow going, you can get STHan and Leia eventually (which is the point of being ftp).

Also, you must have heroes that require droid callers (qgj, RG, AA, etc.).
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Amalthea Cool. What about IG-86, IG-88 (who i wanted to try) and Lando and a bunch of others? When will those get their furnaces if i got 25 furnace pieces out of 24 raids? This is utter garbage!
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @Amalthea Cool. What about IG-86, IG-88 (who i wanted to try) and Lando and a bunch of others? When will those get their furnaces if i got 25 furnace pieces out of 24 raids? This is utter garbage!

The raid gear system is utter garbage. Cycling in each of the raid items in shipments every two weeks is just trash (not utter garbage).
  • Options
    Raid is like a box of chocolates, u never know what u gonna get...

Nerfin is what nerfin does
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »

The raid gear system is utter garbage. Cycling in each of the raid items in shipments every two weeks is just trash (not utter garbage).

Lol!

They did not release droid callers with this update, this wasn't the aim. Well they did, but only to the whales. The real target of this update is to put EVEN MORE brakes to f2p, this time to the 'furnace buying' situation. Sooner or later, everyone will realize this. Dunno for me this is the lowest low so far. Out of all the things they did, this is by far the worst thing they could of done...they put brakes on f2p yet at the same time create huge disparity between f2p and whales by releasing droid callers and scanners in shipments.
  • Options
    * to the tune of Joy to the World *

Joy to the whales, the Zam has come...
    Let GOH receive "mystique"...
    Let every wallet prepare her stars

And tronic arts sing
    And capita sing
    And tronic arts and capita sing

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    ^^ Rofl.

• Options
    The only viable means for getting furnaces, callers, etc. now is saving your guild currency to buy the salvage from shipments. Raid rewards drop them only sometimes, but they are always in shipments.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    So for everyone reading this, 6 weeks (!) will pass and then you get a 2 week 'window' in which you may or may not get lucky with the furnace drops . I mean...just reading back what i wrote...who thought of this brilliant system? Leave the furnaces in and add droid callers/scanners/nubian tech every 2 weeks. Don't give something and then take it away! You know it's the worst thing to do, not to mention this benefits only whales and never f2p. And/or rework the reward from raids. Now that you put droid callers in there, what incentive do whales have to spend to get better in raids? Completionist achievement?
  • Options
    Sadness at reading this. It actually benefits my F2P account in that I am able to save up crystals to buy a caller outright instead of being beholden to the admittedly lottery-like system of raid rewards. Can whales purchase their Mk5 callers whenever they want? Sure. Can I do that as F2P? Likewise. Do I have to save up and grind to be able to do so? Surely. As another post here stated, that's what being F2P is about. In the meantime, running with a strong, active Heroic raid guild, I get lots of gear pieces and full raid-only gear rewards delivered to my doorstep every other day, and that's from coming in between 20 and 30. I have pulled a full MK5 caller and 3(!) full Nubian 7 scanners for my contribution.

My Rey and QGJ are maxed, my STHan and Phasma getting there without needing any more raid-only gear, and my RG will only need a scanner at G11. I have a leftover scanner sitting around that I am giving to Teebo when I finally work him up. Also saving up for Nubian disc for GS if I don't win it outright after today's raid results. Don't think this is half bad for no money.

Hmm. My brakes don't seem to be working. Hope I don't crash into any trees - or Rancors!

F2Ps having a difficult time with this, sorry that your luck isn't panning out as well as mine. But that is the unfortunate reality - nothing is free. Since money isn't something you're going to part with, it may as well be time, effort and a bit of sanity.
  • Options
    Its been one day.... So just cause you havent seen one in a day doesnt mean anything
  • Options
    Furnaces are the most widely needed gear. Really don't understand the rationale to cycle raid gear ever 4 weeks. Cycle it every 2-3 days!
  • Options
    God, I need a new guild. We're still stuck in Tier 5 raid because half of our members don't have anything better than 5* heroes ... no raid gear for me.
  • Options
    Why did they name it furnace ?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Darth_Vlad wrote: »
    Its been one day.... So just cause you havent seen one in a day doesnt mean anything

If the furnaces are still in and they rotate the other gear then that is fine. But from what i understand furnaces have been replaced by droid callers for the next 2 weeks. Etc...
  • Options
    Because raid gear is so hard to get, you can work that to your advantage if you are proactive about it.

I make top 10 on my server because I save for raid gear in shipments and the guild store. My entire team is gear 9 and above while everyone else is left at gear 8.

I don't like the current raid system, but I work with it and it does work to my advantage, and I'm planning ahead with the new system. I can't get furnaces for a while so I'll buy the salvage in the guild store. Just something to think about guys and gals