Who Is The Best Tank?

Prev1
Just wondering what character that is a tank I can farm next.

Replies

• JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Options
    RG
  • Options
    I hear most about Storm Trooper Han and Royal Guard. So those are probably safe bets, for now at least.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    RG is the most reliable on defense, ST Han (or Sun Fac if you are p2p) are a bit stronger on offense.
  • Options
    RG
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Rg..can go in any team. I have ran a 3 tank team, g10 rg, g11 han, g10 sunfac and it's been great. Running han or sf without a other taunt is rough though... especially with all the qgjs around.
  • Options
    I prefer to battle against RG teams. He's usually one of the stronger toons out there, so you don't mind his taunt cuz you want him dead or yellow quickly anyway. STH for his TM manipulation can be a real game changer. Taunt him, then just hit away at the other teams' Dooku. The AI QGJ will always dispel the first green dot he sees, which is usually before STH's taunt anyway.
  • Options
    i see a lot of ppl using poe...i usually dont use tanks..but i like obi for his leader ability
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Overall it's Han just because i think RG is kinda bad in raids. You actually want a taunt when you want it to taunt not <50%. 1 turn taunt in raids is also pretty bad. And in Arena the only one that gives me problems is Han, i dance around gear 10 RG all day and kill him last. I actually kind of quit on trying to gear up RG to 10 because of this.
  • Options
    RG
  • Options
    Storm has a three turn taunt w/omega. But sadly doesn't really have the health pool at Gear 9 to back it up. Maybe once he's 10, that might change. He does but really hard at times, and can really take a hit.
  • Options
    B2!
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone not saying RG is objectively wrong.
  • Options
    Sun Fac :)
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Depends on what you need them to do
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I use STH because it's a guaranteed taunt, and he gives TM so that you can do more damage before he eventually gets killed.

I don't use RG because of how easily I get around him a lot. Once you've learned how much damage your squad members skills do you can widdle down someone's health just before it hits yellow and then finish them off with a burst attack or combo attack and RG just stands there helpless.

Sometimes his taunt will trigger in the middle of Reys flurry, or after the first hit of Harmonious assault but the character I'm after is dead at the point.
  • Options
    I don't know, I'm so confused!
  • Options
    STH is amazing imo. Gear him up you will be happy!
  • Options
    MLGebra wrote: »

So true. There are uses for many other tanks, but none of them are anywhere near as good as RG.

• lovecheese
    320 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I like Jedi knight Guardian! jk. RG
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Mace Windu
  • Options
    MLGebra wrote: »

Says the guy who is more wronger.
  • Valent_Antona
    1034 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The fact is there's no one "best tank period". You analyze what kind of squad you're using and who fits best. Experiment. Look at their abilities and see how it works with your squad. A tank is a protector and used to draw attention and attacks. If your tank isn't doing that for your team try a different one. Their only purpose is to keep your attackers around long enough to win.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Storm has a three turn taunt w/omega. But sadly doesn't really have the health pool at Gear 9 to back it up. Maybe once he's 10, that might change. He does but really hard at times, and can really take a hit.

You talking Empire storm right? Putting an omega on his taunt is so silly since he has such a low health pool, that extra turn of taunt means nothing.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »

You talking Empire storm right? Putting an omega on his taunt is so silly since he has such a low health pool, that extra turn of taunt means nothing.

It makes no sense. Even RG couldnt survive a three turn taunt
  • Options
    Teebo, no other tank spits in rancors eye.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    For GW, RG.
    For Raids, Teebo.
    For arena, it looks like RG + Han together, on my server.... But I vote Han.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Han needs the right support, though. He is part of a Han Bomb strategy and can't do it alone.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Poe!
  • Options
    If you don't spend a fortune on the game then it is RG by a landslide. Han becomes worthless once he is dispelled and his health pool is WAY less than RG's. RG is the most reliable stunner in the game which puts him way over the top.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    If you don't spend a fortune on the game then it is RG by a landslide. Han becomes worthless once he is dispelled and his health pool is WAY less than RG's. RG is the most reliable stunner in the game which puts him way over the top.

RG stun only works until health <50%, which means he really only has 39K useful health/protection at G9. Once he taunts, he loses that health quickly. He may get one stun on me in a match, if that because he wastes a turn **** his phalanx move. Even when he's green, Daka lands more stuns because she can get a secondary stun and because she's so much quicker than RG.