Is it worth it to Omega Leia?

I know you shouldn't Omega her second ability, but what about her basic?

Sitting on 10 Omega's atm with Rey and GS maxed.
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Why does one not omega leia's second ability?
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »

Thats what I'd like to know. Less cooldown can only be good
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, if you use auto attack with her the AI doesn't use the ability correctly, leaving her unstealthed when she shouldn't be - effectively negating the bonus cool down from omegas thus effectively wasting them. Otherwise it should be fine.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This is beyond odd... She be the white whale

Lol my maxed Liea always stays stealth under AI. Omega her Stealth and Basic and max her gear.

Ai will always prioritize stealth over attacking.

See my signature :)
    Or
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mofojokers/
  • Options

Lol my maxed Liea always stays stealth under AI. Omega her Stealth and Basic and max her gear.

Or

I have seen it posted many many times on this forum that Leia doesn't work properly once Omega'd on defense.

The AI when we auto and the AI on defense are different from my experience.

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I am curious how you monitor your Arena AI behaviour.
  • Options

Or

I have seen it posted many many times on this forum that Leia doesn't work properly once Omega'd on defense.

Swag bro considering i use her all the time i trust it. I auto everything outside of arena without fail she will stealth unless phase swaps because of the cooldown.

From my experience in arena i doubt it does because my entire team is based on her and it never drops out of the top 10.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    I am curious how you monitor your Arena AI behaviour.

You make friends :)

Old Video:
    https://youtu.be/Y2mJK6ikNkc

And then you test builds with each other.

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Omega first

I did omega second and like it too. Akbar takes a pot shot and could get TM.

To each their own. Nothing on defense works so thinking there is some magic to it is futile.
  • Options

Or

Swag bro considering i use her all the time i trust it. I auto everything outside of arena without fail she will stealth unless phase swaps because of the cooldown.

From my experience in arena i doubt it does because my entire team is based on her and it never drops out of the top 10.

Alright I will take your word for it. Did you Omega her basic as well? Is it worth it or shall I give it to someone else like Phasma or Yoda or Daka?
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »
    Nothing on defense works so thinking there is some magic to it is futile.

Very true, but at the same time I wouldn't wanna waste 5 Omega's. Leia without stealth is like Rey without foresight :(
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Fwiw, I'm assuming mofojokers' right because notwithstanding any potential defense issues, I'm really looking forward to perma-stealth Leia on offense!

Edit - oh and as to her basic, I haven't yet but since it's 50% chance for each attack it seems worthwhile.
  • Options

Or

Alright I will take your word for it. Did you Omega her basic as well? Is it worth it or shall I give it to someone else like Phasma or Yoda or Daka?

Not yet just perma stealth since my entire defense is based on her staying that way.

Watch out for B2 and Echo if you try a team like mine.
  • Options

Or

Not yet just perma stealth since my entire defense is based on her staying that way.

Shhhhhhhhhhh......That B2 pack needs to go away :)
  • Options

Or

Shhhhhhhhhhh......That B2 pack needs to go away :)

Lol not long now
  • Options

Or

Swag i can't test Liea in arena on defense atm until Kaim the guy in the video is back around.

But I'll check this incase it is bugged if you want to wait. But pretty sure she does as i auto everything with her and it does. Mind you i doubt my arena team would be doing so well on defense if she wasn't.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Or

Swag i can't test Liea in arena on defense atm until Kaim the guy in the video is back around.

But I'll check this incase it is bugged if you want to wait. But pretty sure she does as i auto everything with her and it does. Mind you i doubt my arena team would be doing so well on defense if she wasn't.

It's either bugged or purposely changed on defense. If you auto using Leia she stays stealthed. However, on defense she spends one to two turns out of stealth. It's weird and kinda makes the omegas on that ability a waste.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Leia does sometimes fail to stealth while stealthed. This does leave her open to attack/stun/slow/ability block. If any of those fail, she will stealth on her next action.

@Mofojokers1992 I am surprised you haven't seen this while attacking against Leia. I've heard that auto on offense she performs perfectly, but on defense she will attack and unstealth.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Or

It's either bugged or purposely changed on defense. If you auto using Leia she stays stealthed. However, on defense she spends one to two turns out of stealth. It's weird and kinda makes the omegas on that ability a waste.

So Auto she does but only arena defense she won't. Was this a change or intended?, because i dont drop from top 10 and i dont use tanks and i verse meta ben teams.

I believe ya @Telaan because your normally correct. But i just told Swag it was working because strange she would on auto and not on arena.

• Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Leia does sometimes fail to stealth while stealthed. This does leave her open to attack/stun/slow/ability block. If any of those fail, she will stealth on her next action.

@Mofojokers1992 I am surprised you haven't seen this while attacking against Leia. I've heard that auto on offense she performs perfectly, but on defense she will attack and unstealth.

Only brought her into arena this week as i was full clones. Top 20 on my shard is all dodge meta but i wonder how it works then and when she chooses to.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Or

So Auto she does but only arena defense she won't. Was this a change or intended?, because i dont drop from top 10 and i dont use tanks and i verse meta ben teams.

I believe ya @Telaan because your normally correct. But i just told Swag it was working because strange she would on auto and not on arena.

I have no idea why it does this. We've never been able to get an answer from CG. I'm positive it works this way though. My shard is very whale heavy with at least 7+ legitimate whales; so I fight her all the time. I've never seen her stay stealth on arena defense. It's lame.
  • Options

Or

I have no idea why it does this. We've never been able to get an answer from CG. I'm positive it works this way though. My shard is very whale heavy with at least 7+ legitimate whales; so I fight her all the time. I've never seen her stay stealth on arena defense. It's lame.

I will lose my mind if this is the case.... my entire team is based on her been stealthed at all times.

Once Kaim is back from holidays I'll ask him to try my team and record it...
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    I can second Telaan's observation. There is a 1 turn vacancy for an arena attacker to hit Leia even if her stealth is omega.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    @InternetSwag

I apologize for this but i might be wrong here. Going to record a video and if it is I'll put the video in a bug report.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    It is a bug, because Hoth Soldier has a perma taunt and he taunts as soon as possible, which is what Leia is supposed to do.

It's likely that he does that because he gives allies defence up, but Leia only applies buffs to herself, according to the ai it shouldnt use an ability for something it already has.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    @InternetSwag

I apologize for this but i might be wrong here. Going to record a video and if it is I'll put the video in a bug report.

Ayyy no worries!

Rather threads like this happen then it would make more clarity. Heck the devs might not even know about this yet :open_mouth:
  • Options
    @InternetSwag

Ayyy no worries!

Rather threads like this happen then it would make more clarity. Heck the devs might not even know about this yet :open_mouth:

I hope so if this is a thing... but if it is i doubt this is a mistake since it works on auto... intended on arena is nuts because of heroes like Echo and b2 but they are new releases.
  • Options

Or

I thought this was well documented on the forum about two weeks after the first omega events. My server is also whale heavy, and after that omega event a few people were playing permastealth/omega'd Leia. On defense, for the first couple weeks, she stayed stealth and it was very frustrating. I monitored "nerf Leia" threads closely. Then there was a "stealth" nerf to her AI, where they made her stay out of stealth for a turn after the first use wore off. The omega ability is now only good on offense. It made arena much different on my server, overnight.
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Akbar plus Han plus Leia are embarrassingly bad vs be lead teams: Leia go stealthed, rey time, Akbar use third Han taunt and atk once... Then my Qgj remove Han taunt, my Han taunt, my Ben gives everyone offence down and ability block. HAVING A LOT OF FUN TO SEE LEIA ATTAKING 3 times Han, for a total of 4K damage and presenting a full turn to all my team...