Lumi is underrated in arena

Prev1
Stick lumi under a dodge lead and RG and you got a good combo going. I actually find my self having to target lumi first when fighting thes teams and that normally gets me a win. If I go after someone else it can make me lose if her heal gos off.

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    when she procs evasion up under dodge lead, she gets real slippery. Crits are huge. And with gear 10, her ability block should be useful. I use lumi in arena, and she holds her own.
  • Options
    what rank are you?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think she is under-rated, I see her in the Arena often.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    a couple of guys on my server play with lumi lead, strangely they have the more stacked rosters compared to everyone else. I'm not blown away by it, only think I noticed is that st han evades my humbling blow more often under a lumi lead than any other lead. Could be confirmation bias, because i most definetly loose if i miss due to their high power/gear.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    what rank are you?

I stay in the top 20 there's a handful of people that run lumi with dooku/ old Ben lead and RG and it seems to do well
  • Options
    Lumi is highest power on my roster. I have used her in Arena since I got her, but she is a magnet for attacks. Without RG she would be difficult to keep alive for more than 2 rounds.
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Options
    She is not underated because a lot of people in the top50 area use her. Your argument is invalid.
  • Dred
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I see lumi in a team and I always target. Never lose to any team with lumi. Damage isn't there. She heals, qgj gets offense up. Ben and dooku better as a lead
  • Options
    Dred wrote: »
    I see lumi in a team and I always target. Never lose to any team with lumi. Damage isn't there. She heals, qgj gets offense up. Ben and dooku better as a lead
    Same here, I prey on lumi led teams. Especially all Jedi. A lot of people complain about dodge right now and it definitely happens constantly, but it hasn't stopped me from winning battles. Granted I run her on my team, but not as a lead. Sid as leader and Vader cuts down lumi and barris led Jedi teams, even higher level teams. For me at least.
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You have to stick her with a dodge lead and 2 taunters... However daka is the better choice as she can stun and bring characters back from the dead...

However if u are using lumi U want to make sure the opponent either has to attack another opponent or might want to...let's say A team with Ben St Han RG and Rey...

They might want to go after Rey first or one of the taunters by choice or not.. U can have RG stunning any debuffers and have Ben then cast mind block.. When they Are attacking Lumi hopefully she has evasion up on top of bens evasion bonus... Making her harder to kill...

Do it right and ur bound to get off some usefull healing...
  • SantasWS
    165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    i have been running Lumi as lead in arena pretty much since i got her and always been in top10 in arena! I am now lv79 and was No1 in arena at reward time today, She is not a bad lead at all.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with using Lumi or any healer is on defense. AI doesn't use their heals at the right time.
  • Options
    Can't see Lumi in any of top50's squad on my server, the reason is simple be cause other dodge lead (Ben/dooku) can bring more to the team, than Lumi does. Actually you rarely see Jedi other than QGJ in the arena squad (no more Yoda/Lumi, maybe some Ayala).

IMO arena has no place for a healer in the current META unless she/he can do some other jobs. Lumi's damage is just ok but not impressive, my gear 10 dooku even hits harder than her. Additionally, Jedi is very vulnerable in the arena because they are sooooo easy to be stunned by RG/dooku/daka...
  • Options
    Teams running lumi get targeted.... Simple as that....
  • Options
    I think she is rated just right...useless lol
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Who says lumi as lead? I use her sometimes with Ben lead with han. Lumi heals han and the taunt goes on and on. And she has pretty decent damage. But that said, I don't have rey, and I would drop her like a brick for the girl with the stick.
  • Options

you must be high on your shard with your knowledge...
    some guys..

i use lumi in my arena team and most of the time, im nr#1..
    but keep on saying that she is useless...

• Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I don't have rey, and I would drop her like a brick for the girl with the stick.

+1 for this poetic observation
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Poor faithful Lumi..
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    SantasWS wrote: »
    i have been running Lumi as lead in arena pretty much since i got her and always been in top10 in arena! I am now lv79 and was No1 in arena at reward time today, She is not a bad lead at all.

You are probably on a newer server that's why she still works.

• Options
    I have Lumi nearly maxed and I love her. Still lately I have dropped her from Arena team in favour of Yoda.

Now I run:

Ben (L)
    QGJ
    ST Han
    Rey
    Yoda
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    MayCM wrote: »
    She is not underated because a lot of people in the top50 area use her. Your argument is invalid.

You and this comment are invalid

And remember there are hundreds of servers not just your server

Enough said
  • Options
    Shes nothing special. Think defence
  • Options
    With all skills omega'd she is a great toon. Problem is AI plays healers horribly. If there was real PvP, she would very likely be on my arena team, but it is PvAI so she is not.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

you must be high on your shard with your knowledge...
    some guys..

i use lumi in my arena team and most of the time, im nr#1..
    but keep on saying that she is useless...

I am. Top 10 every day. And I don't see a Lumi in the top 50. I wish people still used lumi.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in an older arena shard. I don't think there is a lumi in top 50, maybe top 100. No way could she compete on any team vs our top 20. Not sure about top 50 or 100 though since I haven't been down that low in ages
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 25th on a December shard with her as lead. It's not really through choice but because I made the mistake of gear 10'ing her earlier on before realising how hard it was to obtain gear for other potential leads.

It's ok for dropping to 50th and working back up everyday but she will be replaced eventually.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone that runs a healer in arena over values their worth
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Please convince other top teams on my shard to use her. No one does, please convince them they just don't get it. I'd love, love, love to see her there. It would be fantastic.