Arena refresh scam?

I was a bit late doing my arena battles before payout time and had one battle left but it was going to be payout time before I could do my last battle. So I wanted to climb a bit higher and hit refresh. I was able to climb a bit higher before payout but it only refreshed the timer it didn't give me more battles. Is this normal? If you still have battles left does it only refresh the timer? If so that's a really big scam and needs to be fixed.

Replies

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Not a scam. You either refresh the timer or you refresh the attempts. These are two different actions.

Take advantage of the no refresh time after your fifth attempt.

The text is different between the two refreshes
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it only refreshes the timer, you have to pay again for more attempts.

Not quite a scam, but is somewhat misleading, and expensive.

Thats the cost of sniping.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

How is it misleading. It clearly states it in a different colour to call your attention to it
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    But don't worry, after you refresh, you will get locked out of your battle. Every time u refresh to get a higher tier, u take that risk for a measly few arena tokes. Just don't refresh. It is a win only for EA profit.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

How is it misleading. It clearly states it in a different colour to call your attention to it

Picture of what you are describing, please.

It is misleading because a new player could assume that you are paying for more attempts, and the timer refresh just comes with it.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm lazy and don't upload pics but when you can look yourself.

It says refresh the attempts in green or it says refresh the cooldown timer in green. But if are literate there should be no confusion.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How are green and green different?

And nowhere does it specify attempts vs timers, you made that up.

You should never attack someone's literacy before applying a grammar check to yourself.

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

You should never attack someone's literacy before applying a grammar check to yourself.

The green bolds the colour to call your attention to the text. And the fact that even with my poor literacy I was able to figure it out shows it must be very clear.

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

The green bolds the colour to call your attention to the text. And the fact that even with my poor literacy I was able to figure it out shows it must be very clear.

But the colors are no different, and there is no explanation text.

Maybe try not to continually insult new players coming to the forums for help?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Refresh the attempts. -- what does that mean.

Refresh the cool down timer. -- what does that mean.

There are plenty of very ambiguous text lines in this game to complain about: this is not one of them.

Also can you explain how someone with a join date of December and 700 posts is a new player and how I insult them continually.
  • Options
    5tn3dP3.jpg

k7O1UkM.jpg

I wouldn't call it misleading, but it definitely could be easy for someone who hasn't done it before to make the mistake. It happens
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    There is some different wording in pop up after you click on the refresh/battle button. Best rule of thumb when hours before you daily reset:
    If timer is in minutes the refresh is gonna be for cooldown timer only.
    If timer is in hours the refresh is gonna be for attempts, which also resets between battle cooldown timer.

4F8KKvl.png

BpyjJ9G.png

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Refresh the attempts. -- what does that mean.

Refresh the cool down timer. -- what does that mean.

There are plenty of very ambiguous text lines in this game to complain about: this is not one of them.

Also can you explain how someone with a join date of December and 700 posts is a new player and how I insult them continually.

And this is why pictures help.
    I had never actually read the confirmation text.
    I doubt the OP had, either.
    I was referring to the button, not the confirmation.
    You insulted the OP, and me, by questioning our literacy.
    Forum join and post count do not mean you play daily or grind hard. Obviously, he was new to this issue, and lacked experience with it, despite his post count.

Also, nobody forgot you said green and green are different colors, Mr. Judgemental.
  • Options

Also, nobody forgot you said green and green are different colors, Mr. Judgemental.
    Lol got him!
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Getting my popcorn...
  • Options
    Ok point made, question answered.. no need to get out popcorn.
    :|

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.