Why can't I clear GW?

Hey guys,

Since I unlocked GW, I've only been able to clear through the 7th or 8th battle. I'm level 50 atm, try to rotate my units, and retreat when I can. My team may be focused too much on my top 5 and not have enough options for a B team.

Darth Sidious 4* lvl 50
Luke Skywalker 4* lvl 50
Luminara Unduli 4* lvl 50
Poe Dameron 3* lvl 49
Jedi Consular 4* lvl 49

Dathcha 4* lvl 46
Talia 3* lvl 45
Chewy 3* 44
IG-86 2* 44
Cad Bane 3* lvl
First Order Officer 3* lvl 40

I'm close to getting Old Daka from the Cantina shipments which should help. I'm still farming Sid/Lumi and Luke, but I feel stuck.

Thanks!

Replies

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Check out whipit's GW post in the guide section of the forums. All the info u need is right there.
  • Options
    Have you tried throwing your suicide squad in first so enemy unloads their specials? That's what I have to do when a battle is a bit tough.

Also, you really need many healers until you get high level dps and armor. I have 5 out of 6 (Limi, JC, Elder, Talia, and Daka), a few self-healers (Ahsoka, and Sid), and a few specialty healers (Akbar and Asajj). Since GW is a game of endurance, healers are important.

If I see Sid and Vader in, I bring Akbar. Instead of retreating when I get dotted, I use Akbar to heal (which is the largest heal in the game for me right now, if both Vader and Sid apply dots).

If enemy has Phasma or any tanks, I bring Asajj - she will remove their taunt and provide basic heal in process. Elder is particularly important as he can rez reliably - so I never use him unless I need to bring in injured toons. Then I send him in as insurance in case one of the injured ones dies before I get the heal off.

Lumi's Level 6 heal is very important too as it heals for 3 rounds (immediate huge heal plus 2 next turns).

Finally when only tank and/or barriss is left, I retreat, remove all healthy heroes, put all injured ones in (maybe with Elder for rez) and one or two healers (usually JC and Lumi) and hope I can heal before tank dies.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    That's tour gear?
    4* gear IV and 4* gear VI are totally different beasts
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    That's tour gear?
    4* gear IV and 4* gear VI are totally different beasts

My top 5 are all Gear VI, and the rest are IV, V.

I like the suicide squad option. I can probably throw together 5 guys with only 1 of my top 5, and figure out a way to rotate them better.
  • Options
    For suicide squad I throw in ALL tanky trash (I don't use tanks in my real squads) - so Royal Guard, Chewie, Plo Koon, etc ... they will survive long enough for enemy to blow all their specials. I play them 1 - 2 turns, depending on whether AI used special right away (usually it does), then pull all survivors back and reinsert the hit squad. Now I have an advantage of all AI specials being on cooldown and mine are ready to pounce.
    Of course you want to do it toward the end, or you will run out of pawns too quickly.
  • Options
    You can retreat?? Haha. Dang it, how am I just finding out about this now.
  • Options
    One other piece of advice - if you get down to Chewy or Barriss, know that you don't have to bring all 5 characters back in to battle. You can heal, retreat and only bring Lumi and JC in to hit Chewy or Bariss. It gives you a warning message that you don't have 5 characters but if you hit battle again, it'll let you bring less than five in.

The advantage to this is that you don't kill Chewy or Barriss quickly and Lumi and JC can get many hits in. This allows you to decrease or eliminate their heal cool down times.
  • Options
    Sadly my Lumi hits like a truck and with kill Chewie before heal cooldowns reset. I prefer Barriss as a piñata.
  • Options
    I thought if you take a character out they are unavailable for the rest of GW
  • Options
    No they are only unavailable if they are dead.
  • Options
    Bariss makes a great scapegoat