Plo Koon Viable after Anakin update?

Prev1
Gundam_Raizer
171 posts Member
edited June 2016
Well I was curious if Ppl would be farming Plo Koon for their Jedi/Clone synergy now that Anakin is getting fixed. Plo Koon would get a decent damage boost as well as give clones turn meter. Clones get buffs, and more damage from Anakin. Kind of goes in a circle. Anyone ready to test this out?
Post edited by Gundam_Raizer on

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    Plo Koon is viable against certain teams, namely STH and other slow taunters as his basic dispells stuff and he move so slow it's rare he will move before either of these two taunters, which renders their taunt pointless most of the time.

Also given that there is now another stealth character, there are several beyond Leia but very few people use Nute, Dathcha and the other two I forgotten the names to... A lot of people complain about Leia but very few people realise how effective Plo Koon as a leader is at rendering Leia's stealth a wasted move.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Currently Captain Phasma has a better version of Plo Koon's third ability, Take Charge compared to Victory march, since she gives 50% turn meter to all allies and advantage, which synergizes with Anakin better than Plo Koon since advantage helps Anakin's special and he isn't a clone. Despite this Plo Koon's second ability provides offense down which would provide great defense whenever it sticks, so he could possibly be viable
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    But which of the 4 clones do you drop to fit both Anakin & Plo? I use Phasma currently with CS, 5's, Echo & Rex (L), although I have Plo & will have Anakin tomorrow. Still got a lot of levelling to do with Echo, Rex & CS.
  • No. Plo will never be viable in his current state. Clones need a taunting tank - RG fits this spot very well. With Anakin having a beastly offensive lead the number of free spots in the Clone team is zero. You will always use at least 3 Clones to have the synergy set, with the other spots rotating between your taunt utility, another Clone, Anakin, or Phasma.

Phasma is better than Plo in every way. She isn't a Jedi, she has more TM gain for ALL allies, she has offensive push with advantage, she has AOE speed down that actually has a good chance to land. She also does more damage overall.
  • No. Plo will never be viable in his current state. Clones need a taunting tank - RG fits this spot very well. With Anakin having a beastly offensive lead the number of free spots in the Clone team is zero. You will always use at least 3 Clones to have the synergy set, with the other spots rotating between your taunt utility, another Clone, Anakin, or Phasma.

Phasma is better than Plo in every way. She isn't a Jedi, she has more TM gain for ALL allies, she has offensive push with advantage, she has AOE speed down that actually has a good chance to land. She also does more damage overall.

"Plo will never be viable in his current state."

False.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    No. Plo will never be viable in his current state. Clones need a taunting tank - RG fits this spot very well. With Anakin having a beastly offensive lead the number of free spots in the Clone team is zero. You will always use at least 3 Clones to have the synergy set, with the other spots rotating between your taunt utility, another Clone, Anakin, or Phasma.

"Plo will never be viable in his current state."

False.

I concur.
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    I've taken and held #1 with all 3 of these squads

Rex
    CSP1
    Fives
    PK
    Echo

PK
    CSP1
    Fives
    RG
    Rex

PK
    All Clones

Those on here who've understood that his over watch and omega basic are anti meta have both excellent vision and readings skills
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    PS.

He was viable way before Anakin was mentioned once we got acces to omega skills...
  • I have him 7 star gear 9 just because
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    I have him 7 star gear 9 just because

It's worth it

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I think at g10, he will be worth it. At g9 my plo koon is not doing much for me, other than getting my hopes up before dashing them, on offense. And acting like a boat anchor on defense. :)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    If you play Jedi synergy regularly, you will appreciate his damage numbers.
    His high HP and constant Defense Up makes him hard to kill.
    Dispel on basic is gravy.
  • Timitock wrote: »

@Timitock do you notice a difference when defense up is on? I use him as a sub for my A team in GW, but I never really use his defense up skill. Does it help a lot or just a little?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Defense Up helps quite a bit, actually...

The more you can take away from the base damage, the less impact Offense Up and other damage modifiers have.

On my IGD led counter team, Def Up is key to success. You have to get hit to be able to counter. The trick is in taking less damage than you counter back with, if possible.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    I farmed gs lando jc and old ben i m currently farming jawa for the raids then its rg then plo koon then anakin so i m almost there i m farming plo koon over anakin cuz of he s lead aoe debuff and basic
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Xenith wrote: »
    I farmed gs lando jc and old ben i m currently farming jawa for the raids then its rg then plo koon then anakin so i m almost there i m farming plo koon over anakin cuz of he s lead aoe debuff and basic

Ani is getting a rework, you might want to re-evaluate your farm order...
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Timitock wrote: »

@Timitock do you notice a difference when defense up is on? I use him as a sub for my A team in GW, but I never really use his defense up skill. Does it help a lot or just a little?

He is actually the most important part of my opening strat.

QGJ and Yoda attack, Plo gives defense up and tm, cs turn meter reduce, fives assist, QGJ and Yoda go again before you move(for the most part)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member

QGJ and Yoda attack, Plo gives defense up and tm, cs turn meter reduce, fives assist, QGJ and Yoda go again before you move(for the most part)

Yeah, but he wanted to know about the usefulness of Defense Up more than Plo Koon, I think.

Yeah, but he wanted to know about the usefulness of Defense Up more than Plo Koon, I think.

I know, but it is still a part of his ability. I haven't noticed a difference personally, but that could be because I always have it on :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member

I know, but it is still a part of his ability. I haven't noticed a difference personally, but that could be because I always have it on :P

Take the time to look, and you might be surprised how effective Defense Up and Down are...
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Does anyone have his offense down stick on his special? I can't think of a single time his offense down stuck to an opponent and mine is 7* g8. Even his dispel is iffy. Not a fan an he was one of my first toons

His anti stealth is handy vs Leia but he is so ineffective on offense, it doesn't matter.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Does anyone have his offense down stick on his special? I can't think of a single time his offense down stuck to an opponent and mine is 7* g8. Even his dispel is iffy. Not a fan an he was one of my first toons

His potency is pretty low, so don't count on the Dispel until g11.
    His Off Down suffers for the same reason.

He is a Jedi that adds TM to Jedi...
    He does more damage than most Jedi...
    He has more HP than most Jedi...

He's decent tank wise but I have soooo many toons that need the same gear to get to 9, I can't see myself dedicating the gear to him hoping he improves. But this feedback is slightly encouraging
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited June 2016

He's decent tank wise but I have soooo many toons that need the same gear to get to 9, I can't see myself dedicating the gear to him hoping he improves. But this feedback is slightly encouraging

If you do not have at least a minor focus on Jedi, then yes, you will find him sub-optimal.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited June 2016

If you do not have at least a minor focus on Jedi, then yes, you will find him sub-optimal.

I leveled him up to get Yoda since he was on of the 5 Jedi I had at the time. I think he could be useful with the right team build but I don't want to waste resources testing him out when my droid squad is a murder squad for arena/GW

This is one of the reasons I am for a training arena just to mess around with teams
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Yeah, he is going to shine brightest in a Jedi or Clone synergy team.
  • Does anyone have his offense down stick on his special? I can't think of a single time his offense down stuck to an opponent and mine is 7* g8. Even his dispel is iffy. Not a fan an he was one of my first toons

His anti stealth is handy vs Leia but he is so ineffective on offense, it doesn't matter.

I use him in GW and his offense down is reliable. The dispel is reliable but more often than not it dispels the wrong effect. Like if RG has taunt defense up and health up you can't count on it dispelling the taunt, but that's expected due to his ability. I have him at 7* g9 but I heard he gets a lot better at g10
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    He is better when you omega his abilities, as well...
    He is better when you omega his abilities, as well...

Yeah all his omega's are pretty good (aside from his almost useless leader skill) but there's too many better toons to omega. I'd sooner give GS an extra 5% on his basic just because he's in my arena team
  • Mikassa
    42 posts Member
    Yeah, he is going to shine brightest in a Jedi or Clone synergy team.

After reading your posts I am going to work on Plo big time. I love running clone teams, and I have Anakin at G11. Plo sounds perfect for a rework Anakin lead team, with Rex and Fives. I have a maxed Aayla that could fit on that team too.