*Updated *Game Update - 6/28/2016 - Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    It should use Empire characters.
    If it's anything like the Imperial Assault event (or whatever it was called) it can't be just Empire. There aren't enough characters available. Have to add a second affiliation.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Does the raise in price on the scanners have to do with the recent loss of banned players revenues? I view the scanner, caller and nubian disc as the same in gears. Why the sudden increase from 1400 to 2205? They are all equally hard to get in raids, except furnace salvage of course, which requires 50 dryers and 20 orange discs.
  • Options
    For which characters are they primarily used?

Hehe This thread makes me lolz x^D
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin is the real deal. This a fast beefy decent damage toon. He is everything that Kylo could have been. Faster and more damage.

A new meta awaits; welcome to the age of The Brawler.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    If it's anything like the Imperial Assault event (or whatever it was called) it can't be just Empire. There aren't enough characters available. Have to add a second affiliation.

Tarkin Snow Storm Veers RG Magma and Vader. There is enough Empire toons for a full squad.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Not enough characters available? We are allowed to play with more then 5?
  • Options
    mods buried the quesstion about scanners in the megathread. So. Where is my answer? Why have they hiked prices
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    A list of characters that needs a scanner 72 times!

the price of a scanner SHOULD BE 1.400 Like the droid callers

@EA_Jesse is the price right 2,200 for scanners ?
    Is it a mistake ?
    will it be changed?

https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/125/mk-7-nubian-security-scanner/
  • Options
    It has to be empire, if they add any other classes that remains to be seen but looks like it's around return of the Jedi end or attack, which only contained empire.
  • Options
    DrD wrote: »
    PEZ wrote: »
    Anyone else think the increased price of the scanner compared with the caller (1,400) plus the horrible RNG is just adding insult to injury?

I agree completely. For it to be more expensive that the furnace even, especially given it's easiest to get the other salvage for (no purples and mostly just gray gear), for it to be 600 more than a furnace is inexcusable. It's a complete money grab with no explanation, and also proves what I've long suspected which is that scanners are much rarer than any of the other raid gear despite almost every character needing them.

For example, I've done enough heroics to unlock Han and have 25 shards towards 6*, and I've only earned a total of 74 scanner salvage and no fulls in all that time. I've got over a dozen character gear locked by scanners as a result.

Can a dev please comment on why the cost is so much higher?

They can in one word. Greed. But we won't hear a peep. They know people need scanners for the most important characters. It's slimy, low down, and sadly, smart....CG is learning from EA well.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    This was an error in the strategy post for Dengar, he is only available in the Guild Store.

@EA_Jesse Is there an error in the scanner price also?

Furnaces take 50 raid gear and 50 purples. Scanners take 50 raid gear and a few easily farmed gears.

I don't understand the crazy increase in price.

Because they know its the one everyone needs, so they will pay for them.
  • Options
    Xenith wrote: »
    A list of characters that needs a scanner 72 times!

the price of a scanner SHOULD BE 1.400 Like the droid callers

@EA_Jesse is the price right 2,200 for scanners ?
    Is it a mistake ?
    will it be changed?

https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/125/mk-7-nubian-security-scanner/

Seriously doubtful. It's called gouging your customers for what they need. All greedy corporations do it.
  • DarkDiggler
    372 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This price increase on raid gear is absolutely ridiculous. With all the questionable things they have done in the past week and all the complaints about it in the forums you would think someone in the company would actually stop to think about what the heck they are doing. What company would want their forums full of threads that are nothing but complaints.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    I feel bad for Jesse having to deal with the people at CG,
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    2,205?

LAWD, you have got to be kidding me.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I feel bad for Jesse having to deal with the people at CG,

I feel bad that he has to be the one to deal with the backlash of these decisions, man deserves a raise.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    2,205?

Nope. They looked at the amount of characters that needed it, and who needed it. Saw that they were the most used toons, and hiked the price to take advantage. Smart business move, if evil.

There is no reason for the price hike other than they know people need them so much they will buy them.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    This price increase on raid gear is absolutely ridiculous. With all the questionable things they have done in the past week and all the complaints about it in the forums you would think someone in the company would actually stop to think about what the heck they are doing. What company would want their forums full of threads that are nothing but complaints.

After recent events it is kind of unbelievable, even for EA. Seems like they're not satisfied unless there's a huge forum uproar.
  • Options

After recent events it is kind of unbelievable, even for EA. Seems like they're not satisfied unless there's a huge forum uproar.

It's a blatant, bald faced, slimy cash grab. They aren't even trying to hide it. Scanners take less than furnaces.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options

It's a blatant, bald faced, slimy cash grab. They aren't even trying to hide it. Scanners take less than furnaces.

You can farm the extra gear for a scanner with a single refresh. 50 mk6 syringes for a furnace will take multiple refreshes or multiple days of challenges, or 1400 extra crystals in shipments.

I have to wonder if they'll address this or just wait quietly for people to pay.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    2,205?

Nope. They looked at the amount of characters that needed it, and who needed it. Saw that they were the most used toons, and hiked the price to take advantage. Smart business move, if evil.

There is no reason for the price hike other than they know people need them so much they will buy them.

I don't disagree with you, but there's a fine line between making a buck and gouging your customer base considering the goodwill that's been lost. Considering callers were less than furnaces the jump between 1,400 and 2,205 seems unreasonable.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    2,205?

I don't disagree with you, but there's a fine line between making a buck and gouging your customer base considering the goodwill that's been lost. Considering callers were less than furnaces the jump between 1,400 and 2,205 seems unreasonable.

Ya think? Nearly a thousand more for something that takes less to make than callers or furnaces. Even for CG/EA, thats pushing the greed envelope

They simply can't be serious about it. But the silence will likely be deafening, as people will buy what they need. Well played CG, you bunch of snakes
  • Phu
    17 posts Member
    Options
    It also says tier 1...
  • Options
    He looks great for raids but slow for pvp. Have no idea how good he is just from what I see on the surface. Either way I don't think he needs to be meta in raids and pvp though, considering Anakin is looking pretty sweet I bet he's only good in stealth teams and scoundrel teams pvp, which are both meh
  • Vaexqua
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Why do scanners cost 2205 gems when droid callers and furnaces cost 1400 gems? Because we need more of them? Is this how the precrafting issue is being resolved? Upping the gem cost?
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Vaexqua wrote: »
    Why do scanners cost 2205 gems when droid callers and furnaces cost 1400 gems? Because we need more of them? Is this how the precrafting issue is being resolved? Upping the gem cost?

That's exactly why. Wow mods quick on the trigger to bury these threads in the mega thread. Guys this thread needs to be about nothing else. Don't let CG get away with this. Its blatant price gouging, and they know it. This is their push to see what they can get away with. Push back
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    He lacks potency and i still need to farm resistance trooper after i m done with j.e 10/85
    So its a no go for me unless he s meta and even if he is RT will be first priority #high dmg expose tm gain nice speed char amazing for raids! (Talking about rt!)

• Options
    Disappointed.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    Xenith wrote: »
    He lacks potency and i still need to farm resistance trooper after i m done with j.e 10/85
    So its a no go for me unless he s meta and even if he is RT will be first priority #high dmg expose tm gain nice speed char amazing for raids! (Talking about rt!)

We are not entirely sure, but we think tenacity down is unresistable
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
This discussion has been closed.