Tired of fighting Sid and Dooku.

Prev1
Just a griping thread here. I hope the update gives more diversity to main teams for arena. I mostly fight Sid Dooku teams the same way. Kill Sid asap, leave dooku as alone as possible until all other threats are neutralized. I would like to bot have get Poe, Poggle, or these 2. I teeter around 170 arena and I am fine there. Just want more diversity...

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    I haven't even unlocked Sid yet. Because when everybody else has him, you can never enter a fight with an advantage. Going away from the most common builds is a winning strategy, if the game is balanced. Which it is. Imo.
  • Options
    Join the club.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Love him or hate him. Almost all teams run aleast one healer - JC or lumi. That's where sid heal block with basic attack helps me to not waste my attacks. He helps me to remain in top 20 of my server.
  • Options
    I am not griping because I lose to them. By car I win most non AI battles within 2 minutes. It is just like playing the same poker hand over and over again.
  • Options
    You won't see Sid much at 70..for sure won't see Dooku much. The new characters along with the recently added ones are slowly making the starter characters obsolete.
  • Options
    The update won't bring diversity - at least not for the majority of players unless CG is completely revamping the fundamentals of hero acquisition and upgrade. The problem isn't the lack of heroes; it is the lack of good heroes that are reasonably quick to farm.

But don't worry about Sid and Dooku as you progress and climb up the rankings. Other heroes such as Leia, Poe and FOTP are waiting for you!
  • RedSix
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sid and Dooku are the worst. I think CG made it this way to ensure that their next game sells well. It's called, "Punch Sid and Dooku in the face!".
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If they don't change the current "all that matters is speed and whose Poe goes first" nonsense, expect to see more Dookus than ever.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I refuse to get sid and dooku out of principle... cant stand that they are over used cookie cutter etc...
    so i bought an 8 pack and got a dooku....:(
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Options
    I will be continuing my gameplay as is. Ig88 5* lead, 86 6* , lumi jc 5 and 6*, han 4* all lvl 60 elite. Taking this team to 70 for 7 stars each while casually enhancing some others. I doubt my position will change much either way.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Sid is my least favourite person to fight :(

When he has like 50% evade it can be literally impossible to take him down if he gets a little lucky.
  • Options
    Wispsi wrote: »

When he has like 50% evade it can be literally impossible to take him down if he gets a little lucky.

36.7% against Jedi.
    Harmson wrote: »
    I refuse to get sid and dooku out of principle... cant stand that they are over used cookie cutter etc...

LOL
  • Options
    Dooku shreds about half my team before I can even take my first swing.

Any counters to Dooku? Is there a counter to his counter-strike and double-strike, which seem to proc EVERY time? That miserable old coot dances back and forth on my team like a ballerina with roid rage.

I have Sid, so I can't complain about him! B) He gains health with each death on either side. Unless you hit him with everything all at once, he will survive.

Nice to see the old farhts kicking some butt in the game! Dooku, Ben, Sid, Daka -- all thumpers.
  • Options
    DarthBooey wrote: »

Any counters to Dooku? Is there a counter to his counter-strike and double-strike, which seem to proc EVERY time? That miserable old coot dances back and forth on my team like a ballerina with roid rage.

I have Sid, so I can't complain about him! B) He gains health with each death on either side. Unless you hit him with everything all at once, he will survive.

Nice to see the old farhts kicking some butt in the game! Dooku, Ben, Sid, Daka -- all thumpers.

Once you get to a higher level you just ignore him. He doesn't do much damage, the worst part is his stun. There are many more important enemies to take out first.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    You'll be seeing even more of him lol.
  • Options

36.7% against Jedi.

LOL

Sid with Lumi leader is right about 50%
  • Options
    DarthBooey wrote: »

Once you get to a higher level you just ignore him. He doesn't do much damage, the worst part is his stun. There are many more important enemies to take out first.

The reason he does little damage is because people keep him at 3* or 4*. Once he's up to 7* and properly geared he hits quite hard (close to 2k each hit on crit).
  • Options
    Willziak wrote: »

36.7% against Jedi.

LOL

True, 'non Jedi allies gain half of 13%'

So that is closer to 50.
  • Options
    Dooku can actually be farmed now....you'll be seeing lots of 7* Dooku....speed is king, and Dooku always goes first.
  • Options

36.7% against Jedi.

LOL

So that is closer to 50.

Ah good point, forgot it was just for jedi's to get the full 13%
  • Options
    My ig88 hits sid for 2k, ig86 follows for 4k and calls an ally assist to finish

Thats how most of my matches start. Next is jc heal
  • Options
    The problem is that it is so hard to farm other champs and if you want to progress than you need Sid, etc who are so easy to farm. I wish they would make the same change that Future Fight made which is you can keep playing the mission until you get 3 shards until only being able to play the mission 3x and if you don't get anything than oh well.
  • Options
    I love fighting against Sid. He's easy to kill and my Ewok Elder doesn't give a **** about his healing block
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    You won't see Sid much at 70..for sure won't see Dooku much. The new characters along with the recently added ones are slowly making the starter characters obsolete.

What new characters? Haha
    None in the new update cause EA sucks
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    If they don't change the current "all that matters is speed and whose Poe goes first" nonsense, expect to see more Dookus than ever.

There is nothing wrong with whose Poe goes first as long as you have FOO in your team. Between Poe and FOO, I have the odds advantage that one of them will act before the enemys Poe.
  • Options
    Jeez... Poe , FOO, Clone Trooper, Phasma, IG88 would be a mean combo.
  • Options
    it's actually great how the game keeps evolving and initially overlooked characters become more important at higher levels (started building FOO after only taking Poe to 4*)
    LOVE Brodie's line on Ewok Elder - who'da thought
  • Options

36.7% against Jedi.

LOL

So that is closer to 50.

Well if you want to be like that...darth maul lead or even dooku is close enough that it makes no diff. I like jedis so a Sid with a dooku lead and the right rng can actually kill 3 jedis alone with not a single thing you can do about it.