How much do you spend on this game each month?

Prev1345
One of my guild mates admitted to spending over $500.00 per month. My mind was blown!!!

Replies

• Options
    Zero.
  • Options
    Batdude21 wrote: »
    One of my guild mates admitted to spending over $500.00 per month. My mind was blown!!!

If you saw his toon collection you'd believe it. Me, I spend $0.00 per month.
  • Options
    $0.00 my friend :)
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    From January I've spent a total of ~920 dollars. It's a sickness.. I know many spend a lot more, but that I have wasted a week on Mallorca in this game is still so crazy.
  • Options
    Zero thanks to do many recent problems. It was about £30-£40 before that and I started in February. Though I'm not bothered about spending the money, I AM bothered about supporting the freemium model EA chose to put in place.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Options
    I've spent 200€ the two first month and now it's zero cos you know it's not rewarding to spend in this game...
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Options
    In every other game they are vip rewards for spending... And more choices on what to spend... And less randomness... The only think on which I'll spend is a good not overpriced character pack co then I know what I spend on
  • Jimboe
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Me, 200 since april
  • Options
    Moderators took down my article.... Title is "crystal packs are like crystal m eth lol... It's an insight into how spending is an addiction. If ur keen to read, add me on line, I'll add u to a group with all the postings.
  • CCR5757
    16 posts Member
    Options
    $200 per month. Every month. Likely to continue doing so until the end of time.
  • Options
    20-30/m and sometimes I bought toons. Now I stop paying and playing. Life is so much better. One I reach 80 it is so much harder to get any gears. Why am I spending time and money and play a repetitive game knowing it will never change?
  • Aheld
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Ill usually drop the $10.99 on the daily Crystal bonus once a month but that's it.
  • luisgin
    122 posts Member
    Options
    $0.00 I'm f2p cuz I got bills to pay and kids to raise. Not to mention, not to mention I don't make a lot of money
  • Options
    0.00 as well. Those who spend so much...Jeez
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    I spent like $200 before I even knew what I had done. I felt so bad about it that I haven't spent another penny since. :s

I don't have the money to be throwing that stuff around, and if I could refund it I would. I don't dislike the game, but I sure wish I hadn't spent $200...
  • senkoujin
    187 posts Member
    Options
    I spend around $0.00 per month, and every so often I spend another $0.00.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    I think it gets to a certain point and not sure what the point is about buying packs.. cause what i need now is so specific..

Example i bought a chomium pack couple days ago.. got nothing of any value most was duplicate shards that ill never use in the shard shop.. IF you coukd actually buy specific shards needed i may spend again.. but imo was only of value/fun when you was unlocking all these new toons.. now if i ever unlock a new toon will cost a zillion credits to get to lvl 80 and an age to farm the shards to 7* (if even farmable)....

In answer to OP question... used to be a couple packs thats is but i did do in a drunken haze £200 one month... excluding the pack a few days ago i rarely bother now and wont in the future unless the lottery of what you get gets more specific
  • Options
    I think I've spent 40 dollars over my 5 month career. Spending money on this game is just not worth it. And the cash grabbing tactics of EA is just crazy greedy sometimes. They don't get my money anymore, won't ever again either.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Mine was $100 or so, but after all the issues as of late. It shall be $0 going forward
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The past is irrelevant.

Future spending is entirely dependent upon the next dev actions regarding bugs, tweaks, and walls.

At the moment, my wallet is tightly and completely closed.
  • Options
    Ive spent close to 2k since may but it really is a habbit n ill be spending noore
    ..500 isnt anything people all over spent 10k+ i have a handful of guildmates in that club
  • Jisam_JM
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I have spend 7 bucks total.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I used to spend a fair amount. Not the most whaliest. You have two options that seem effective. Stay free to play and get every toon a few months later (ben, leia, tarkin), be patient... Go droids and be better than any p2w team. Pick maybe a few spots to spend very carefully (b2 with droids).

Spend a ton of money (read: thousands) and then not really get any huge arena advantage (mostly everyone wins on offense), have an awesome squad, but watch as everyone else gets them as well a lot sooner than you expected. Also get used to the fact you will spend $300 at times on toons that they will maliciously break or ignore (tusken shaman, looks like geo spy, loooooonnnggg list). Come to the realization there is no OP arena team even if you spend $10000. Sorry. And that and the guilds are the most competitive parts of this game. And the best guild squads are f2p. Learn this. Don't spend $$ thinking something OP and elusive is out there.

My arena squad is han solo from raids (6 star), maxed b2, sun fac, rey, rex. Sure it is p2w and fun but I get hammered on defense like everyone else. Not worth it... Just like magic... jawa engineer shows up devaluing $10000 worth of spending as you stare at CG and think seriously??? You going to give f2p a $5000 game value equivalent toon?? Just like that?? Really??? Eventually even the addicted figure it all out. And this game right now is a "horse trade"--google it. Be warned. The whales I know are awakened it seems...

If you whaled on chromium the first two months of this game you must be sick right now. All the good toons in there are f2p. And by doing this they are expecting you to respend thousands.

For me I have enjoyed skipping this aurodium (have a maxed sun fac so you would think I would want him), and closing the wallet these last 4 weeks. I'm not alone... @CG_JohnSalera you have to be noticing this... Lots of really back and forth moves by you guys--moving target--not good. There are big whale guilds who are also echoing this sentiment. DM me if you actually want intelligent feedback from your spenders.
  • Options
    Because of the constant nerfing, adjustments and the randomness of the updates I no longer want to pay to be a beta tester. So I spend nothing now.
  • Options
    Hearing how much money people spend on this game is mind-boggling. The reason I say that is because over the past month I've actually been wanting to spend money on the game but I just can't find anything that seems worth it.

I did ponder the Aurodium pack in hopes to get B2, but after hearing people telling me that it would only be worth it if I spent $250 to fully 7* him I decided it's not worth it. As much as I enjoy playing this game I would rather put that $250 towards two new computers to play much better games with the wife.

So then I decided that I would be willing to spend at least $20, but there's really nothing that seems worth it besides investing in gems. So I asked myself, if I bought a bunch of gems what would I spend them on?? I don't feel like opening up a bunch of Chromium packs because I'm very happy with my current character line-up, at least to the point where I don't feel I need to get other characters. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to have some of the ones I don't have, but I really don't need more good characters slowing down my overall progression with the ones I have.

So if I'm not going to spend gems on chromium packs, then what would I spend gems on?? Refreshes?? I tried that with some of the free gems I've earned. I'm aiming at 7*'ing my JE(he's 5* currently), and I've spent 150 gems on refreshing the guild store only to get the exact same items that were already on there. So that proved to me that refreshing is a huge waste of resources, so I'd rather not spend it.

So I guess my question is.........what the hell do you all buy that justifies $50 and more a month on this game?? Because if all you really spend those gems on are either store refreshes or super expensive purple items in the shipments, is it really worth it??
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I bought the Dark Side starter pack, $20 worth of crystals, and the daily 100 crystal thing when I started. After that I didn't spend anything until the Earth Day event in April because I like the WWF, so I bought each charity pack. I was in Arizona for Mother's Day and there's really nothing to do in that godforsaken hellpit except spend money on online video games, so I bought another $20 of crystals for another Chromium Mega-Pack. Since then, I haven't spent anything.

Not because I don't want to, and not because I don't think the game is worth it, but because I don't really like the value... I get enough crystals per day from GW, Activities, and Arena to refresh Cantina once and save the rest for gear. Chromium packs are great early on to help bootstrap yourself, but once you have a couple characters it just isn't worth it any more to get shards for characters you can farm elsewhere, or shards for characters you can't farm at all (yet).

So, per month? Zero. Averaged across the months (since mid-February) I've been playing? Like, maybe $30?
    Aheld wrote: »
    Ill usually drop the $10.99 on the daily Crystal bonus once a month but that's it.
    Yeah, that's a great deal. If I was going to buy anything right now I'd get that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Not a penny! I spent money on othe EA games and they would change the game and make it worthless.

I had considered spending some on this game, but then they have updates that make all my progress worthless. All the toons I built up, now have become weak and worthless. I would be mad if I had spent money to do it.
  • Options
    I spend $1500 a month
  • BL1ZZAXX
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Since November I have bought 3 21 day crystal packs 10.99 each I think, and on xmas I got a $20 card and on Father's Day I bought a $20 card. Both times the card packs were a waste, I got nothing useful and was really dissapointed that I did it. The 21 day crystal packs were worth it to me, though. It was fun being able to speed things up for a while and as a dedicated daily player I wanted to support the game.

Now I'm at level 80 with most tunes gear level 8, spending any money seems like a total waste. All upgrades seem so far out of reach that I've lost the enthusiasm to care. The GW headache has ruined it once again and for me it's the final nail in the coffin.

I will not spend another cent and each day that passes I seem to be loosing interest all together. I've invested a lot of time and enough money out of my budget that I'm trying to hang in there in hopes for a change that puts the fun back in the game.