Sidious?

I'm 3 shipments away from a 5 star Sidious and was just curious if I should start farming IG-88 after I get him to 5 stars as I am farming IG-86 and have 4* Poggle. Also I was thinking of HK-47, so basically what one is the most revelant. If I should get one of the droids would it be good to farm droids for a droid team? My current team is...(Arena)

4* Sidious(Leader) (Almost 5*)
4* Poggle
4* Phasma
4* Luke (Halfway to 5*)
2* IG-86 (Almost 3*)

Replies

• Options
    I would focus on getting somebody to 7 stars rather than having a lot of people at 5 stars, personally. If you like the droids, go that route. I will say that Sid is easier to fit into a wider variety of teams than the droids are, but none of them are bad choices.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    Does Sid leader and Poggle buff stack?
  • Options
    KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    I would focus on getting somebody to 7 stars rather than having a lot of people at 5 stars, personally. If you like the droids, go that route. I will say that Sid is easier to fit into a wider variety of teams than the droids are, but none of them are bad choices.

Recommend HK-47 or IG-88 if I go that route

• Options
    Does Sid leader and Poggle buff stack?

Poggle gives speed and offense up, sidious gives an increased crit chance and increases crit damage. They stack, but they are two different things.

OT: if you want the droids go for the droids! Although sid is pretty good, he is not essential. Ig88 and sid have a bit of the same skillset actually.
  • Options

If you're going full droids, you want HK47 for his leadership ability. There's really nothing like it; it's very very good. You'll also want IG88, though. So sadly the answer is "both".
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options

If you're going full droids, you want HK47 for his leadership ability. There's really nothing like it; it's very very good. You'll also want IG88, though. So sadly the answer is "both".

OK I'll get Sidious to 5* than farm HK-47 probably and I'm going to continue IG-86 probably. I haven't seen one droid team though on my server or whatever you call it I'm level 48 btw
  • Options
    I would like to try a droid team with Lobot as the lead.
  • AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wolf_359 wrote: »
    I would like to try a droid team with Lobot as the lead.

Popular opinion is that Lobot is overrated. HK's leader ability generates more turns for droids that the speed that Lobot gives. HK, Poggle, 86, 88, 100/Poe/Daka is the consensus lineup. 100 is really only useful against Jedi, so you'll watch yourself dump resources in to a character you'll get minimal return from. That said, I just destroyed a Qui-Gon lead team of Jedi in the arena i don't think my "A" team would have beat.

I maintain that borrowing a Sidious for PvE makes a droid team nearly unstoppable.
  • Options
    Popular opinion is that Lobot is overrated. HK's leader ability generates more turns for droids that the speed that Lobot gives. HK, Poggle, 86, 88, 100/Poe/Daka is the consensus lineup. 100 is really only useful against Jedi, so you'll watch yourself dump resources in to a character you'll get minimal return from. That said, I just destroyed a Qui-Gon lead team of Jedi in the arena i don't think my "A" team would have beat.

I maintain that borrowing a Sidious for PvE makes a droid team nearly unstoppable.

Thanks for the information. I hear my nightsister team is only mediocre at higher levels so I need to come up with a new team. A droid team might be hard for me to transition to though.