Community Update - 7/22/2016 Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    If you check the newsletter after the reset those mods are stun and counter!!!

R they going to be in that new raid? R they gonna mess up meta?
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but I spent over 300 energy in trying to get mods and didn't get a single one. That's just ridiculous. I've put over 500 dollars into this game to help make it better and seen nothing but a steady decline. You're going to lose a lot of faithful players who put their hard earned money into it. I've only accomplished 2 gw battles all the through and I've played for almost a year now and have tried with multiple squads. Now you make it impossible to complete. Speaking for myself I'd actually like to be able to get darth vader to 6 stars which I don't see possible. Y'all seriously need to listen to what the fan base has to say. I love the challenge of this game, but come on. Make it things are actually attainable.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Check the newsletter about the mod special event it has a counter mod and stun!!

What do you guys think? If they implement it will it just screw us over even more?
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    What if we stopped looking at new content (which we asked for) as 'keeping me from 'beating' the game" to what it is: some sweet new content that adds to an already great system? I guess it's personal attitude at the end of the day. You are who you choose to be.
    If it was a great system as is, some people might think that. But what's in this update isn't what's making people seethe, stop spending, or leave the game. It's what's not in this update that's causing all the uproar, and EA doesn't even have the dignity to acknowledge it.
  • Options
    DJJ wrote: »
    I understand why people are upset, but in reality if they didn't mess up in the beginning and release OP mods with 100% drop rates that they had to later scale back, I think for the most part we'd be ok with the current state of the mods. Their strength is about right and 100% drop rate is too much. It'd be the same as if gear and shards dropped from LS/DS/cantina at 100%. It would be too easy to obtain them. Yes, it was a screwup in the beginning. But if you take a step back I think you'd see that it's ok the way it is now.

Mostly agreed but you can't compare farming mods with farming gear/shards:
    gear/shards on cantina/LS/DS:
    - you get the item needed
    - you don't

But in mods challenge tier 3:
    - you don't get a mod
    - You get a 3* mod
    - You get a 4* mod
    - You get a 5* mod : it's the light blue one, the worst rarity mod
    - - You get a 5* mod : random primary/secondary status, maybe not the status you are looking for
  • SSB
    72 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    That's it, accept it everyone, the mod drop rate is a done deal.

The upgrade cost is a done deal.

GW is a done deal.

This update said a lot, not just from what was in it but also what was purposely excluded.

They clearly know what makes them money, and they're sticking to their guns.
    Unfortunately u are straight right!!

I really love this game, play it more than anyone i ever did. Oh man, i spent so much money on this, by now, it's all regreat. All f2p now.

They say "we hear u", well, thinking about both todays updates post, they are not so much. Comunity is screaming out and loud! We give tons of options and examples of paths other games followed and have succeed. But as always, they do whatever they want. Sad so sad.

Hey, Jesse said that they did changes to JKA so they're listening to our feedback... I mean yeah they ignore like 90% of the players feedback but they did change one character. So we're not allowed to say they don't listen to us.
  • MeisterLampee
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So far i spent about 500$. I refuse to buy credits with gems. And I will not spend a dime until the credit crunch is resolved. (seems to be the only thing you are interested)
    And please leave me allone with that stupid scoundrel event. Placing a bag of gold in front of our noses is utter mockery! Maybe 5% of the community has decently leveled that useless bunch of toons to beat that event. And i am not going to invest 10M so I will be break even in half a year.
    Clone wrote: »
    I dont know should i cry or just give up on this game?
    What are others feelings?
    I feel the same buddy.
  • Options
    One word. Credits......
  • Options
    Without Galactic War completion, the credits cycle breaks down and cuts the daily progress in half. Sad to see you're not listening to the vast majority of players. Love the game but seriously getting close to just walking away altogether.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    How can they think that GW is WAI? When it's p*ssing off most of the player base. WAI? So...you intend to keep people p*ssed of then...?

How about setting up a proper avenue to see what the community would like to have improved with it, and you know, like, engage in a dialogue about it?

People just want to feel like they are being listened too. And even if you strongly feel it is WAI, explain that to the community to calm them!
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    I understand why people are upset, but in reality if they didn't mess up in the beginning and release OP mods with 100% drop rates that they had to later scale back, I think for the most part we'd be ok with the current state of the mods. Their strength is about right and 100% drop rate is too much. It'd be the same as if gear and shards dropped from LS/DS/cantina at 100%. It would be too easy to obtain them. Yes, it was a screwup in the beginning. But if you take a step back I think you'd see that it's ok the way it is now.

- you don't

- you don't get a mod
    - You get a 3* mod
    - You get a 4* mod
    - - You get a 5* mod : random primary/secondary status, maybe not the status you are looking for

I can agree with this. I could get behind no lower level drops, or a higher drop rate. But the people calling for it to go back to 100% don't realize how quickly that would break things again.
  • Options
    Thank you Jesse for the update, and the appreciation event. It would be nice to see the bonus crystals go into August so I can buy vaults with it attached, but I guess it is what it is.

I'm also curious as to if the new raid is in addition to or replacement, but I'm sure those details will come later.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    DieInFire wrote: »

- you don't

- you don't get a mod
    - You get a 3* mod
    - You get a 4* mod

I can agree with this. I could get behind no lower level drops, or a higher drop rate. But the people calling for it to go back to 100% don't realize how quickly that would break things again.

Dont mind if its 100% or not, but when using a full refresh and get zero 5* is a bit of a joke. Also need to get characters from Cantina to complete the Mod Challenges. So kind of stuck in a catch 22.

Can't compete because can't get the mods. Can't get the characters because need to try and get the mods.

However most people I talk to have given up on getting mods because farming shards is more important to them, meaning the mods are a giant fail currently.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The only positive I'm finding here is the bug fix for gw. If that means that the ludicrously difficult node 9-11 and sometimes 12 are going to be more realistic, I'm good with that. Node 6 has been hard but nothing sweat-worthy.

Most of the rest is pure meh at best.

The "mod appreciation" event is infuriating to me. The name alone implies I appreciate the addition of mods, which I wholeheartedly DO NOT. "We're sorry about what we did. As a way to make it up to you, spend a lot more money (even though you said you were done spending) and we'll give you a trifling little extra." NO! I said I'm done spending until either mods go away or (maybe, but not definitely) when ships enter the game. I keep my word when I boycott. There's a rather popular local restaurant (on their 4th location) that I said I wouldn't return to. That was 1994. I still haven't even gone in to use the bathroom. Why? Because I keep my promises.

Thanks for the extra 350k credits for the next few days. It's approximately the least you could do while still doing something, without being purely insulting. (Like giving 10k instead)
  • jarael
    107 posts Member
    Options
    super meh
  • PixieClock
    110 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    - you don't
    - you don't get a mod
    - You get a 3* mod
    - You get a 4* mod

Don't forget that you've then got to spend about 300k credits,to find out which random attributes it'll add to the mod!

• Options
    Ok time for my rant too I guess (not that EA cares):
    1) If keeping my GUILD together meant not getting mods and some paltry fake apology credits, I would gladly give them up
    2) the one part of the game daily I looked forward to was GW you have now made a nightmare and took a lot of energy away from caring anymore. You heard what most people requested and still say WE DONT care. I'm trying to hold onto the fun of this game but it's not easy anymore
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Balance the game, please.
    More credits, an event every 12 days doesnt cut it. Level 60 rewards, level 80 requirements.
  • Sithwolf
    40 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It was just about to drop the hammer on some crystals for a piece of gear I need for Vader, then I saw this. Not going to open my wallet for EA, not when so many have issues and those are "WAI!"

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    On the next update could you please reinstall the "FUN" factor

+1
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »
    Balance the game, please.
    More credits, an event every 12 days doesnt cut it. Level 60 rewards, level 80 requirements.

+1
  • Options
    Unless I'm mistaken, in T3 mod challenge (that is, if you're powerful enough to reach it, which is not the case for me personally except the very first one), the probability of getting ANY mod is 20%, and then the probability of getting mk5 is 30% on top of that. Which means the probability of getting Mk5 mod is 0.2 * 0.3 = 0.06, i.e. 6%. So, roughly, for every 19-20 attempts (which is a full day of cantina tokens+ 0.8 of refresh, which is 100 crystals) you may get 1 (one) Mk5, which you'd spend another 1M+ credits to upgrade. Also you'd get only about half XP points and mats compared to cantina, let alone no shards.
    I guess once I cantina up every hero I want and reach level 80 (after which regular, non-omega, mats and XP become less of a need) that would become more or less viable way of spending cantina tokens. Chances are still worse than getting GG shards (those have exchange rate of 10% IIRC), but eventually you may get a few Mk5 mods you want for your top toons.
  • EkoDroid
    152 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

When going through my allies, and cutting the quitters I noticed an interesting thing. Everyone who was about to turn level 50, or had just, about a week ago were the ones to quit. Very noticeable in my guild though.

I am guessing there will be less and less players who stick around, no matter if it is f2p, or p2w in the future unless something changes soon. The addition of mods creates an even larger gap between the haves and have nots. When someone spends so much time playing, then doesn't realize they are "playing the game wrong" by not focusing on arena squad, or not saving up for mods, or choosing to unlock weaker characters then your competitors, etc. etc.. all by mistake, or ignorance to the lack of balance in this game, etc. They quit, or start over. That is what I did.

Mods exacerbate the issue new players have to a degree you don't yet understand, and I predict that unless you change that disparity gap, level 50 or so will be as far most new players get. Think about it, sticking to your guns the way you are, only makes it easier to quit, easier to bash, and easier to point to the evidence of why it is a good idea.
  • Options
    WAIT SO WHAT ABOUT R2 AND WICKET?
  • Remington_Ewing
    135 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Yogi I agree
  • Options
    No GW balancing is a slap in the face. I don't care about Wedge or Mods, fix the game mechanics. It's like putting a fresh paint job on a car with a broken transmission.
  • Options
    Yadda_123 wrote: »
    No GW balancing is a slap in the face. I don't care about Wedge or Mods, fix the game mechanics. It's like putting a fresh paint job on a car with a broken transmission.

Yep I could care less about any new toons until GW is fixed which is the major problem with the game. Everything else can come in time.
  • Options
    Not addressing anything for GW is a very stupid move. Almost everyone is upset about it and you just say nope we aren't doing anything about it
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    TLDR

Community Update: 07.22.2016

Hey ! We hear you !

But we don't give a **** !
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse I am a minority dissenting opinion from the general forum community. But who cares. I wanted to let you know that I like the oveall direction of SWGOH, and want to tell you to keep up the good work! The game is great fun.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
This discussion has been closed.