Have you seen Barriss Offee heal an ally *through* healing immunity?

On two different days now I've been in a squad arena battle and seen the opposing party's Barriss Offee heal affect everyone, *even* an ally who was affected by healing immunity!

Is the AI cheating? Or does she have some power that I've never been able to reproduce when I've borrowed a Barriss for my side?

The most recent time the cheat/bug benefitted the enemy's Darth Sidious. Here's a screen shot from immediately after:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxGeRK1wsjSnVnMyUjJXVkoxdXc/view?usp=docslist_api

****?
./ddd  ($0.00 L61, rank ~450)

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    She equalizes health through immunity but does not heal through it. Working as intended.
  • Options
    I'm fairly certain this happens because her healing technique relies more on equalizing health among players, and is technically not "healing", as it justs averages out health among all living players.
  • Options
    Her heal is the weakest in the game, all you're seeing is her equalize part of the skill. She's unique in that she's the only character that can do it and she's garbage for everything outside of rescuing a critically wounded ally that also happens to have heal immunity on em. A perfect counter would be an all AOE team to bring everyone's health down evenly, then it's just a garbage heal.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    She equalizes health through immunity but does not heal through it. Working as intended.

Huh. Considering the equalization to be not part of the "healing" is quite a stretch for my interpretation of "healing immunity".

But at least there's an explanation.
    (Dumb, or otherwise;)
    ./ddd  ($0.00 L61, rank ~450)

• Options
    douglasdd wrote: »

Huh. Considering the equalization to be not part of the "healing" is quite a stretch for my interpretation of "healing immunity".

(Dumb, or otherwise;)

Yeah, she equalizes health. It's not really a heal, seeing how it can take life as well. This can also work to your advantage, because if the average health of all the other members of her team are low, it will bring down the health of some of the full health characters. If barriss is the only healer on the enemy team, AoE is your friend, granted the team isn't full of counterstrikers.
  • Options

(Dumb, or otherwise;)

Yeah, she equalizes health. It's not really a heal, seeing how it can take life as well. This can also work to your advantage, because if the average health of all the other members of her team are low, it will bring down the health of some of the full health characters. If barriss is the only healer on the enemy team, AoE is your friend, granted the team isn't full of counterstrikers.

Health gain is healing in every sense of the word and in any other countless MMO.
    It ridiculous that people even defend this, they just don't want to lose the exploit they use in the arena.
    Heal immunity is no health back.
    I love how people try to steer the nerf stick away from this ridiculous oversight by developers.
    Her " equalise " can take a Chewie from red health all the way up to 80%.
    It's a heal......
    Chewie had 10% health and heal immunity.....he got healed back up to green.
    How dumb do you think we are to believe that A: this is not a heal and B : this is not an exploit
    Look how they even say how useless she is.../lol
    She's been number one on my arena for weeks, not to mention number 4,6,7,9
    Pull the other one , she needs a nerf hard.
    All the 6 star purple geared exploiters can cry to momma ....
  • Options

(Dumb, or otherwise;)

Equalizes, brings down health for some. Looks different from healing for me. Since this is the first time you have faced it, it looks like a major heal. Once you start facing lots of Bariss teams, it's meh. Nothing she can do when most of her team's in the red/ yellow except waste her attack. She is best used when you have a heal heavy team. That last part, imho.
  • Options

Heal immunity should stop that toon from receiving health.
    Equalising is still giving health back is it not?
    If the toons health bar gains health, that is a heal......
    I can't believe people even defend this nonsense.

• Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »

(Dumb, or otherwise;)

Health gain is healing in every sense of the word and in any other countless MMO.
    It ridiculous that people even defend this, they just don't want to lose the exploit they use in the arena.
    I love how people try to steer the nerf stick away from this ridiculous oversight by developers.
    It's a heal......
    How dumb do you think we are to believe that A: this is not a heal and B : this is not an exploit

Sigh. You do realize she was already nerfed, right? Are you new here? Are you not aware of Barriss Gate?

As I've said, her ability not only serves to "heal" a focused target, but also to damage her own teammates, if you create the right circumstance. If all members of her team have 50% health (or any other equal amount of health) when she uses her ability, they are not going to magically go to full health, because their average health is the same. In this circumstance, her "heal" does absolutely nothing.

So when a "heal" damages other teammates, or does nothing at all, but can bring one one target back to full health if it's been focused, what do you call it? I understand where you are coming from when referring to the standard "heal" from other games. The easiest way to understand this, is to accept her ability as a unique description of healing, rather than applying your understanding from other games.

It's purely a unique ability to this game.

• Options
    One incident, one heal, the world has come to an end. I say, nerf the beep.
  • Options
    Fine. Have her only "Equalize" those without "Health Immunity".
  • Options

(Dumb, or otherwise;)

It's a heal......

You're the only one crying here...
  • Options
    JedaiiJosh wrote: »
    Fine. Have her only "Equalize" those without "Health Immunity".

Trust me, you will get over it. Once you find yourself on the other side, you will see what everyone else is taking about.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Star-Wars-1.png
    QFT
  • Options
    She has two HP-recovery skills.

Her active skill is "equalizing", so technically not healing as explained above.

She has another healing skill that is passive.
  • Options
    This forum is full of soooo many noobs who always complain before learning the game mechanics and without trying to find a way to deal with obstacle. If you see Bariss as leader of Top 10/20 teams in your Arena server, then it means that your server is a fairly new server. In more mature servers, nobody is using Baris anymore. I myself have a Bariss and never use her anymore in the Arena, as she is a weakpoint in higher levels.
  • Options
    She sucks and you're bad if you're complaining about her abilities
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Heal immunity should stop that toon from receiving health.
    Equalising is still giving health back is it not?
    If the toons health bar gains health, that is a heal......
    I can't believe people even defend this nonsense.

Again:
    Why do you think Darth Sidius has the right to own a skill (heal inmunity) that ignores many other characters' skills (Luminara, Jedi Consul, Talia, Daka, Chewacca...), but nobody in the entire game can have an ability that ignores your Darth Sidious' ability?

This is a game of Rock-Scissors-Paper. Character A has a Skill that beats character B, character B can beat character C, and character C has a skill that beats Character A.
    No characters should be impossible to counter, and that includes those with Healing Inmunity.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    The mechanics of Barriss's Force healer ability gets talked about so often in so many different threads... It really needs to be put in an FAQ and stickied!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Wildcat wrote: »
    This forum is full of soooo many noobs who always complain before learning the game mechanics and without trying to find a way to deal with obstacle. If you see Bariss as leader of Top 10/20 teams in your Arena server, then it means that your server is a fairly new server. In more mature servers, nobody is using Baris anymore. I myself have a Bariss and never use her anymore in the Arena, as she is a weakpoint in higher levels.

QFT! Seeing Barriss as a leader means I'm guaranteed victory. She's almost always 4*, and she hits like a wet noodle. I just ignore her the whole fight, and do enough damage to make her equalization pointless. My favorite is when she's last, and tries to heal herself while affected by heal immunity. I complained about her CONSTANTLY pre-nerf, and now couldn't care less about her power level. If anything, she could use a small buff.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Barrios need to be the best healer in game, or it's not worth it. The DPR lost compared to Lumi is huge, right now Lumi heals better AND do more damage AND has ability block.

Maybe making Barris able to remover debuffs from non jedis could work.