Please make moving mods free - permanent.

Prev1
gobears21
1265 posts Member
edited July 2016
It is a big hassle to move mods around; I moved them off my arena squad this weekend and didn't get them put back correctly yet.

That said though it was a lot of fun being able to play around but if I wanted to do what I did a bunch of this weekend just one time, it would cost me a fortune. Mods are already too expensive (even when cheaper!) and they already come at a great cost (my time) to move and put back to begin with.

Please consider making this a permanent change to make them free to remove / move.

Thank you!

PS: Kudos on a GREAT implementation of the gear exchange, our guild couldn't be happier with it.

Replies

• Swagg3r
    23 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    Support!!!
  • Options
    Be careful what you ask for. They may make them cost less credits and charge crystals instead...
  • Options
    yea moving mods free is good. or have a weekly event for it.
  • Options
    I vote no
  • Options
    I also vote no because then, everyone would just be moving mods back in forth in raids and gw whenever the all star toons go down. I would like the cost to upgrade them reduced and the drop rate slightly increased and that's it
  • TreTuna
    155 posts Member
    Options
    I also vote no because then, everyone would just be moving mods back in forth in raids and gw whenever the all star toons go down. I would like the cost to upgrade them reduced and the drop rate slightly increased and that's it

This... Honestly, 29k to move a full toon of 5 pip mods isn't that bad, but the cost of upgrading and the drop rates are dismal. They should be back to 100% drop rate as even at that rate, the chance of getting the slot you want, with the main stat you want, of good quality, is still very low.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Options
    Would love a Button on the Mod Menu that is called "Unequip All".

Unequipping All Mods from all your characters at a discount price (60 % of what it would cost removing them one by one from all characters).

• Zeu
    95 posts Member
    Options
    3 free moves a week or something , each mod
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options

I thought this at first but honestly after doing it, it is a HUGE hassle... I'd not be doing that and especially wouldn't be doing it for GW or raids.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    RonEmpire wrote: »
    yea moving mods free is good. or have a weekly event for it.

One free day a week would work too....
  • Options
    They just need to make the reduced cost to upgrade the mods a permanent thing. They can't make the moving for free permanent otherwise nobody will farm mods.
  • Options

Mostly agree.

Moving mods around is a pain, I rather not do it. That said, if the drop rate is abysmal and the level cost is ridiculously high, then we need the ability to move mods around for cheap/free for whatever event we have the current week.

I'd personally like to see 4 changes:

1. Normal cost of moving mods cut in 1/2. Then if you really have to move them in order to beat a challenge, it is not a huge pain. Keep in mind, usually its TWO moves. OFF of the normal character the mod is on then ON to the character you need to the challenge, and then OFF the challenge character and back ON to the normal.

2. Cut Mod level cost to the current "lucky roll promotion" on a permanent basis.

3. Remove chance of lower tier mods dropping in the challenges and replace those % chances of a drop with an increase % chance of the tier of the challenge.

4. Allow us to select the slot we want prior to playing the challenge. Then if we get a drop, at least it is the slot we want. (Primary and Secondary Stats would be gambles still.)
  • Options
    In GW you could just keep moving your best MODs to another toon everytime you lose one! It would make GW a bit easier for some ;)
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    In GW you could just keep moving your best MODs to another toon everytime you lose one! It would make GW a bit easier for some ;)

Who the heck wants to spend the time doing that!? A few might do it but great day most won't....

I spent more credits on mods this weekend than I have since day 1; I see the need for more mods not less which is counter-intuitive to my original thinking on this subject (as I said I was originally supportive of paying... but after experiencing free, I realize free isn't free... it comes with a great time cost that I'm not willing to pay often)
  • WhaleKiller1
    517 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

We already paid a huge sum of credits to level them. It should be our right to move them around as often as we like without spending even more credits that are hard enough to come by.

It's not like people won't be farming for different classes of mods or the game will break if people don't buy enough credit packs. Jesus how much do we have to be squeezed for here?
  • Options
    Why do people care if we move mods around for raids? So what? The new raid is likely to be very difficult, and the ability to move mods around helps us succeed. Whose side are you on? EA/CG who wants us to fail so we get frustrated and spend money? Or the players who could have a better chance to succeed!?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    +1

Also, why was part of the original "fix" to stop or decrease the chance of an auto upgrade. I would love to see this stick around to help with the cost of mods.

Anything to help reduce (not eliminate ) the credit crunch. Part of the game is management and managing you money is part of that, but should not be the whole game like it is now.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    I think they should do more of the "limited time" offers they did this weekend where they increase rates of upgrade levels for mods and allow players to move mods for free. Would allow players to re-organize their mods AND encourage players to invest more in getting mods during that time.

The only other tweak they could do is also make mod drop rates also be higher during these limited time offers as well.
  • Options
    I don't think they'll ever make them completely free because of lost revenue, but how about splitting the difference?

Free mod swapping on weekends.

48 hours of experimenting on the days people have more time. It'll pique interest in mods themselves. Creating MORE revenue as people become more familiar/interested in them.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think they'll ever make them completely free because of lost revenue, but how about splitting the difference?

Free mod swapping on weekends.

48 hours of experimenting on the days people have more time. It'll pique interest in mods themselves. Creating MORE revenue as people become more familiar/interested in them.

While I appreciate your considering their revenue; what they need to realize is that there is plenty of opportunities and desires to spend money within the game... it's OK to have a few features that are free features without being concerned about soiling profits. Not doing this is exactly what has cost them profits over this past few weeks.... Being able to move mods around this weekend made me spend more credits not less and I had more fun than I've had in a very long time in this game.

Moving a full set of t5 mods off toons and back is an over 200k credit proposition. And that's assuming you get it right the first time which is very difficult to do.... Free makes cents and sense in this case.
  • Options
    The instant level up was far better than the free removal. I took advantage and upgraded a lot of mods, and it saved a ton of money. Now I have mods for some of my GW reserves, should make it a bit easier.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I vote to make mod swapping free whenever the Scoundrel event is on :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    The instant level up was far better than the free removal. I took advantage and upgraded a lot of mods, and it saved a ton of money. Now I have mods for some of my GW reserves, should make it a bit easier.

That is grocery store savings.... your credits were still depleted.
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »

I always put credits aside for events so that I can take advantage if something comes out. I never go below a certain level or crystals or credits. I'm never broke.

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options

I always put credits aside for events so that I can take advantage if something comes out. I never go below a certain level or crystals or credits. I'm never broke.

I said depleted, not broke.... it's like when you go and spend $200 at the grocery store and they say "You saved $56.74" and I check my balance on my account and sure enough, it is down $200 not up $56.74... we've allowed corporations to re-define "savings"
  • Options
    At a cost of 150k credits to try out new arena teams I'd just stick to what works instead of mixing it up now & then.
    ---
    Some cost seems warrented, current cost is limiting my fun atleast in arena.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I said depleted, not broke.... it's like when you go and spend $200 at the grocery store and they say "You saved $56.74" and I check my balance on my account and sure enough, it is down $200 not up $56.74... we've allowed corporations to re-define "savings"

Not if you're saving on something you were going to buy anyways. I was already slowly getting mods for my GW team, and this made it easier and cheaper. If you just tried mods for the first time this weekend then yeah. But if you're currently modding your characters this event was awesome. I upgraded 5 of the five dot mods just off the money they gave me. I did five for just over a million, where normally it would be probably three times that.

• Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was going to make this very thread.

It was fun this past weekend playing around with mods trying all different kinds of comps. Why would you want us to stop having fun playing your game. Charging us credits to remove mods really hinders our ability to enjoy the game and lets face it, no one is buying credits packs to changes mods around. Imo, it really is pointless to charge a credit fee.
    @CG_JohnSalera
  • Options
    Either so many free moves a week, or a free move day. Mod drop rate needs to be if not 100 85 percent. 85 is liveable a one in six chance of no mod.