Wow a full jawa team is so weak

Prev1
WhaleKiller1
517 posts Member
edited July 2016
So I got my team to 6* and above, all gear 8-10. The only one who does any damage is the regular Jawa.

How will these be good in the new raid if they do such little damage? I hate to keep gearing them if they're not good for much. They could use some turn meter manipulation like an ewok team or something.

Replies

• X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Aren't they better against droid only really?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they will be horrible in the new raid, who knows.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    How are they against the mod challenge? Can you 3 star tier 3?
  • Kevon
    134 posts Member
    Options
    @WhaleKiller1 how far did you get on the mod challenge w/ that team? clear tier 2?
  • Options
    The only ones I can see possibly being good for the raid are Dathcha and Jawa mostly for their stun AoE. Same with Ugnaught and Koth.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

I cleared the whole challenge. It's not as difficult as say the T3 defense challenge. The stuns helped.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

I cleared the whole challenge. It's not as difficult as say the T3 defense challenge. The stuns helped.

Sounds good. My 2 new Jawas are only 4 stars, so I have some work to do!
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Je no damage because detonators are always dodged or resisted. Nebit damage is low, granted he is a tank, his ambush CAN do damage if he calls Jawa or dathcha. Scavengers damage is low because of the whole detonator issue, he's only good if he buffs up Jawa or dathcha.
  • Kevon
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have them all maxed lvl 80?
  • jtruts
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Damnit, I've been trying to acquire/level these toons lately too.
  • Options
    Kevon wrote: »

No they're 70-80. I'm still having hope that maybe with more gear and levels they'll get better. It feels like the entire team except Jawa is support. Against full droids teams they may be much better.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    I am missing credits to level them. But jawa's are so cute!
  • Options
    The whole mod thing really pushed me towards quitting, but the addition of more jawas is the main reason why I'm still here. I did get Chief Nebit and even though he's still 3*, he's at gear level 8. He's made a pretty decent replacement for RG in GW's, but I haven't tested him in arenas yet.

My end goal was to get a full team of jawas and kick some **** with them, but after reading your post about how they don't really hit that hard really makes me sad. I knew Chief Nebit didn't hit that hard, but I didn't know the scavenger would hit with a pillow, too. I get his whole point with thermal detonators, but with how slow those are on top of how strong people are in arena, it almost doesn't sound worth the time anymore.

So in a lot of ways I want to thank you for this thread, it helped me finally uninstall this game. :)
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    My nebit and scavenger are still 5* and maybe g7 or g8... and only level 53 or so. I was able to beat t3 but not with a 3* but I have to say that it was a ton of fun using the little guys. My JE is maxed up 6* (need 4 more shards!) as he runs in my droid squad. I have Jawa omega'd at g9 (and yeah I agree he hits hard and the stun is good). My Datcha is awaiting promotion at 6* but again only g7 or g8....

I have hopes they'll be decent again the new raid but you never know.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I believe a lot of people said the same thing about ewoks prior to raids. Jawas are basically droid stoppers. The next raid APPEARS to be droid based. I'd not worry about it too much. Though perhaps holding your gear/credits to see how they actually fair would be a good idea. Jawa standard is fairly helpful anyway, so you may level him up regardless.
  • droidboyz
    316 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Datch and Jawa at a standstill towards 7* for a couple months gr8 on both. Sharding up Chief right now. JE halfway to 7* gr9. @CG_JohnSalera, bro fix JE basic. It's garbage. Never lands. smh. I know you got it in you...:) Scavenger...nada dang thang cracking lol...
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    So I got my team to 6* and above, all gear 8-10. The only one who does any damage is the regular Jawa.

How will these be good in the new raid if they do such little damage? I

Their value in the next raid isn't because people think they will do damage is because of the effectiveness vs. droids. I don't think a full Jawa team is what will win. This is the first team that I will try.

Old Ben Lead, Ugnaught, Jawa, datcha, Nebit

Assumptions: I am assuming that this raid is going to move away from TM reduces and cleansing in order to make other characters usable. It looks like we will be facing a high volume of droid enemies so I am assuming that the damage output of enemies will be lower per hit. Due to these two assumptions I think AOE attacks and effects and anti droid are going to be high priority like TM reduction and cleansing was for Rancor.

Goal: Stun Droids and Evade attacks

Explanation: The focus of this team will be to have Datcha, Ugnaught, and Jawa use special to stun other team. Old Ben's Lead gives evasion and Ugnaught and Jawa gain TM with evasion so they should gain extra attacks. Ben also will reduce TM to keep droids stunned longer Nebit focus is to taunt to allow for more AOE stuns.

Other thoughts: As I said before AOE effects may be important I think this would include Healing. This new raid may make healers more important because if you have a high volume of enemies that deal a lower amount of damage healing and healing over time can play a bigger factor than the previous raid.

• Options
    droidboyz wrote: »
    Datch and Jawa at a standstill towards 7* for a couple months gr8 on both. Sharding up Chief right now. JE halfway to 7* gr9. @CG_JohnSalera, bro fix JE basic. It's garbage. Never lands. smh. I know you got it in you...:) Scavenger...nada dang thang cracking lol...

Scavenger's main purpose it seems is to detonate bombs. His AoE does next to nothing otherwise and his basic is low damage.

I'm thinking Dathcha's leader ability may be good in raids since it removes turn meter. Not sure if that'll be dependent on potency or not.
  • Mikeyw
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I'd switch out old Ben in favour of dathcha for lead and add ima gundi for his defence up and double damage to droids. as you will also be adding defence down from dathcha's lead ability ima gundi will HIT HARD!
  • Tuscan21
    514 posts Member
    Options
    I did the jawa mod challenge tier 2 with 4 star engineer, scavenger and nebit and 6 star dathcha all level 50 and gear 5 or 6 (and jawa at g9 7 stars)
  • Options
    What, a use for Ugnaught?
  • Options
    Kevon wrote: »

No they're 70-80. I'm still having hope that maybe with more gear and levels they'll get better. It feels like the entire team except Jawa is support. Against full droids teams they may be much better.

So really we have no clue yet. Ewoks were very effective at 70 in GW because of TM, but none of them were viable in raid/arena at the levels you're reporting. So I don't see the evidence to support your claims, especially for the new raid. The scanner on Teebo alone was vital...so how about we wait to cry the sky is falling for our wee robed ones.

You may turn out to be right, but none of this indicates that at this point. C'mon man, be positive. ;-)

Hail Santa!
  • Options
    They could use some turn meter manipulation like an ewok team or something.

"Whenever an ally damages a droid, they have an 80% chance to inflict defence down for 3 turns and a 25% chance to remove 25% Turnmeter "

• Options

"Whenever an ally damages a droid, they have an 80% chance to inflict defence down for 3 turns and a 25% chance to remove 25% Turnmeter "
    Yeah...but that averages removing 6.25% TM per attack. With a chance of less if it triggers when the target is already at 25%TM or less. Eh. I dunno.
  • Options
    awbattles wrote: »

Yeah...but that averages removing 6.25% TM per attack. With a chance of less if it triggers when the target is already at 25%TM or less. Eh. I dunno.

Actually with a potency boost and Scav, Dathcha, Jawa all doing aoe as well as Nebit's assist it should be very effective.

I strongly advise anyone try Dathcha(L),Jawa,Scav,Dengar,Phasma against a droid team- give Phasma 160-170 speed. Then you will see.
  • Ankitsingh
    29 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Imagine Droid team of new raid has hk47 leader skill. And once they are started to attack they will become unstopable due to +50 TM gain . Good thing is probably they dont have JE to give them first stroke.

Jawas are our hope to stop them by there stunning skill againest droids.
  • Options

How will these be good in the new raid if they do such little damage? I hate to keep gearing them if they're not good for much. They could use some turn meter manipulation like an ewok team or something.

Are you using Nebit as lead? Between JE recab with crit chance up and 45% TM with Nebit's 30% crit chance, they should be moving fast, crit-ing good damage, stunning & debuffing.

Outfitted Jawa with crit damage and chance sets. 3* tier 3 challenge no problem. JE just spam recab and heals, Nebit assist and taunt, cool downs everyone, AOE the other 3.

Against droids they move quick especially when the 2 stun AoEs catch. Pick on one that wasn't stunned with the assist and basics.

• Options

Actually with a potency boost and Scav, Dathcha, Jawa all doing aoe as well as Nebit's assist it should be very effective.

I strongly advise anyone try Dathcha(L),Jawa,Scav,Dengar,Phasma against a droid team- give Phasma 160-170 speed. Then you will see.

I knew I was forgetting something. Tenacity :P. The AoE's might make the TM reduction worthwhile, assuming you stick it. I'd have to check out the potency of those toons to see which ones need a mod to help with that. With all that done, I should have a team that can take out droid-only teams (and ONLY droid only teams). Huzzah!

I don't care. I love my Jawas anyway.
  • Options

I knew I was forgetting something. Tenacity :P. The AoE's might make the TM reduction worthwhile, assuming you stick it. I'd have to check out the potency of those toons to see which ones need a mod to help with that. With all that done, I should have a team that can take out droid-only teams (and ONLY droid only teams). Huzzah!

I don't care. I love my Jawas anyway.

Dengar and Scav both apply tenacity down.
  • Options
    going against the new droids, i think someone inflicting offense down is going to be crucial, if AOE, even better. Droids just hit like a hammer.