Theories about future changes.

Right now if you aren't in the top teir PVP ranks Sidious reigns supreme. Healing is out and damage is in. As Vader also becomes more prominent you're only going to see more sith in Arena.

Here's my theory: Yoda will be the next hero released, he will have anti Sith abilities. This will shift the meta back towards Jedi. I believe he will be the cure to our Sidious woes.

But I don't think this is all. I think the meta will shift from Jedi to Sith to Jedi etc.

I think heroes will be released one or two at a time which will result in a constant shift from light to dark, yin to yang.

For this reason I think it is best to not rely so heavily on Jedi and Sith. I think every other synergy will remain much more stable than Jedi or Sith. For newer players it may be best to avoid them to some degree, or to not 100% commit to one of the two synergies.

Creating a squad out of droids, nightsisters, first order, Resistance etc will be a lot safer in my opinion.

If you think I'm wrong or have a theory of your own then post below.
My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    This would imply that the current meta is Sith, while it really seems to be more like speed/turn meter manipulation in general.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    This would imply that the current meta is Sith, while it really seems to be more like speed/turn meter manipulation in general.

That's why I stated "if you aren't in the top teir PVP ranks".

For players who can't chase FOTP and chromium characters Sidious, Luminara and Phasma are the poor man's meta.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Well... Poe, Poggle and plenty of heavy hitters (All the droids for instance) are all readily available for F2P or light spenders. Those are the best teams around right now. Sure, it does take a while and by spending you can get it faster. FOTP is terribly slow to farm, but also possible.
  • Options
    Well... Poe, Poggle and plenty of heavy hitters (All the droids for instance) are all readily available for F2P or light spenders. Those are the best teams around right now. Sure, it does take a while and by spending you can get it faster. FOTP is terribly slow to farm, but also possible.

I agree, that's what I'm trying to say. It may be better to go for non sith or Jedi and instead go for other classes.

But since everyone has one sith and one Jedi, guess which ones, it could affect a large % of the player base both negatively and positively.
  • Options
    I actually do think a Sith team would be viable, 20% evasion from DM is no joke.

DM(L), Sid, Dooku, Poe, Vader. GL hitting Sid when he has that much evasion.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Dang. That's another of my secret projects that somebody else thinks of too. At this rate I'll never be original.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Heronmar wrote: »
    I actually do think a Sith team would be viable, 20% evasion from DM is no joke.

That would be a great team, I wish I had Darth Maul.

A little while ago I saw someone saying that Sidious takes out their 100% Jedi team. My theory is that the same thing will happen with Yoda against 100% sith.
    Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on
  • Options
    Maul is chromium only though so it's going to take bucks to star him up.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Maul is chromium only though so it's going to take bucks to star him up.

Of course, it isn't for f2p to play with, but would be a nice change from the QGJ teams and would be better than them lol. 10% evasion even for Poe would be major considering how much Lumi teams dodge.
    Heronmar wrote: »

That would be a great team, I wish I had Darth Maul.

A little while ago I saw someone complain because Sidious takes out their 100% Jedi team. My theory is that the same thing will happen with Yoda against 100% sith.

Yoda was never that Sith hunter, he even willingly let Order 66 (Clone Wars TV show) stand to achieve the ultimate victory with Luke.

If anything Anakin should have had those anti-sith since he was one of the best Sith killers out there.
  • Options
    Dang. That's another of my secret projects that somebody else thinks of too. At this rate I'll never be original.

At 5 million downloads or whatever, it's going to be hard to have a team setup that's highly original (and strong) :)

• Options
    At the moment, the only thing I hope to see as soon as possible is Luke Skywalker with a lightsaber.
  • Options

Pretty hard to be original with 5 million other players.
  • Options
    Genni wrote: »
    At the moment, the only thing I hope to see as soon as possible is Luke Skywalker with a lightsaber.

Prepare your wallet then for chromium exclusive Luke.
  • Options
    @Heronmar
    I agree with Anakin, maybe we'll have to settle for General Kenobi with his special 'So uncivilized' blaster attack. :D
  • Options
    Did someone say....uncivilized?

UgKUAnQ.gif
  • Options

UgKUAnQ.gif

If they put that in as Obi's special the hate posts on this forum would go up tenfold.

'So uncivilized - Kills any enemy when they are below 50% health. One use only per battle/round.'

Then he throws the blaster away.
    B)

• Options

UgKUAnQ.gif

If they put that in as Obi's special the hate posts on this forum would go up tenfold.

'So uncivilized - Kills any enemy when they are below 50% health. One use only per battle/round.'

B)

"Deals 25% more damage to enemies under 50% health. If target is General Grievous, target is killed instantly." :)
  • Options

UgKUAnQ.gif

B)

"Deals 25% more damage to enemies under 50% health. If target is General Grievous, target is killed instantly." :)

But I like the one use thing. It needs to be powerful if it can only be used once. And then he has to say "So uncivilized" as he throws it away. Maybe even a cutscene from the film.

Wait, why am I arguing about something that will never happen? Lol