What are the best toons for each phase of raids?

Prev1
tmntguy86
446 posts Member
edited August 2016
I'm wondering if anyone has a list of which toons are best for each phase of the raid.

I know Teebo, QGJ, AA, Rex are good vs pigs. I've heard Yoda is good in p4 as long as the rancor has more than 50% health.

Other than that... Anyone have good set ups for each phase that you like to use?
Post edited by tmntguy86 on

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo, Qgj, Rex, 5's, Elder. Teebo, QGJ, Rex, 5's modded for speed and potency. Elder modded for speed.
    Can clear P1, P2, P3 and probably P4
  • Exarius
    102 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Teebo, Qgj, Rex, 5's, Elder. Teebo, QGJ, Rex, 5's modded for speed and potency. Elder modded for speed.

Really? I would have to call **** if you think you could solo t7 raid with that team, let alone put out enough dmg for it to not take hours. You have any proof to back up this claim?
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    First of all that guy said probably also p4 so he never officially claimed you can solo an entire T7 raid. With that said, he is definitely correct in that the team he is referring to can solo p1, p2, and p3 if you mod them like he suggested. Someone in my guild almost soloed p1, 2, and 3 a couple of raids ago. You need teebo at some insane potency level (around 90%) and of course some good rng. I mean every good run would require some luck. But to solo the entire raid, you'd probably need some extraordinarily good rng that I would also have to see it to believe.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    there is a video with clones and Cody doing major damage in P2 or P3.

For raids is mostly TMR with potency mods or DPS with speed or TMG. There are even some hybrid builds for lower than heroic.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Exarius wrote: »

Really? I would have to call **** if you think you could solo t7 raid with that team, let alone put out enough dmg for it to not take hours. You have any proof to back up this claim?

Never claimed you could solo it but, with really good rng could probably solo it, but I don't have the 24 hours to try.

I never stated that it wouldn't take hours. The question was what is the best team for each Phase of a heroic raid. I provided that answer. That team can solo any phase, pretty sure it could solo p4, and multiple phases at the same time.

P1 is easy. I have run it with captain never getting a turn multiple times.

Last raid that I actually made an attempt I started P2 at 88% and ran till P3 at 4%. I then started escaping my characters as to not cross over and allow others in my guild to get some damage. Ended with 5.9M all over damage because my guild cleared P2 and p3 while I was in battle.

I never stated that it wouldn't take hours. The question was what is the best team for each Phase of a heroic raid. I provided that answer. That team can solo any phase, pretty sure it could solo p4, and multiple phases at the same time.

I don't have a screen shot available as it is on my computer and I am traveling right now but will share in a couple days after I get home since this seems very important to you.

Potency
    Teebo 86%
    Qgj 93%
    Rex 76%
    5's 63%
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    88% of P2 and 99.88% of P3

End of P2 12 turns till enraged
    pgfNsd4.png

End of P3 13 turns till enraged and started escaping. Got all but EE out.
    Z8OY4Df.png
    H9ZT6tx.png

Final Damage
    95MGL26.png

So yes That team will deal high damage in any phase.
  • Options
    @scuba Can you send a screenshot of the mods you have to get those potency numbers? Really appreciate your explanation and the time you have taken to show how best to clear the various phases.
  • Options
    Teebo, teebo, teebo, teebo; and Rey.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CMA97526 wrote: »
    @scuba Can you send a screenshot of the mods you have to get those potency numbers? Really appreciate your explanation and the time you have taken to show how best to clear the various phases.

I have moved them around a couple times since then but this is about the same as that run. QGJ potency is probably overkill.

Gbir7yr.png
    uMAsycl.png

UJv1asb.png
    tPis6Ld.png

uccogIL.png
    VvBWJFZ.png

A4CF1Cp.png
    4cna3tk.png

Se9lrb8.png
    yztHv2C.png
  • Options
    Pretty sure anything over 85% on potency is overkill
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    darkensoul wrote: »

That is my guess too but I had the mods and not knowing for sure what the Rancor's Tenacity was can't hurt.
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »

That is my guess too but I had the mods and not knowing for sure what the Rancor's Tenacity was can't hurt.

For sure. You got a nice setup
  • Options
    Nice thx for the screen shots..
  • Options
    Scuba's list is very detailed.

I'd add Phasma, GS, and Chirpa...for same reasons, Speed down and TM synergy. Chirpa definitely limited more to Ewok synergy, but the other two can be very valuable in multiple phases.
  • Options
    Potency Modded Fives can aid in 2 by landing Speed Down, and in Phase 1 can put out a shocking amount of damage by just the sheer number of shots he can take.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Ugh Fives needs the same gear Teebo needed to get to gear 10, not cool :neutral:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Thanks for the screen shots, @scuba! Much appreciated.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thank you @scuba for the advice. This is a huge help. I'm not ready for that set up as of right now. But something to work for. I have Teebo and QGJ ready (need potency still). EE and 5s I'm currently working. Rex isn't farmable so I'll need to work someone else.

Again, thank you very much for your response.
  • Options
    Any way to replace Rex with a f2p char?
  • Options
    Rex is a TM-Monster (except for his low potency, but that can be fixed with mods) plus dispelling plus reliable damage. There is no other toon with this package...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    banjo1071 wrote: »
    Rex is a TM-Monster (except for his low potency, but that can be fixed with mods) plus dispelling plus reliable damage. There is no other toon with this package...

This is correct. He adds to much to the setup.

You could give scout, T6 or Chewbacca a try. All 3 have 55% chance to remove 50% TM on level 8 basic.
    You will be missing the TM gain, and 100% chance at TMR you can get from Rex but should still be able to put up solid numbers.

As a side note remember there is a new raid coming this month so I don't known how many resources I would put into this team. I have seen other comps put up decent numbers. Example fully modded Droid team with Elder can get close to 1M in P1. The setup I saw was hk (l), 88, 86, JE, EE. Could replace JE with high damage character like GS or Rey and probably break 1M.
  • banjo1071
    312 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    i do around 1,5 mil on P1-t7 with Teebo (l) TMR, QGJ TMR+Dispel, Rey DPS, Ashoka Healing/DPS, Phasma Speed down/defense down/VM.

Bur they are quite beefed up..
  • Options
    I do 1.5 Mil P1 T6 with Teebo, Elder, 5s,Rey and 86.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    From the mod fix day I do full the T7/P1 amd 10-20% of P2 during 30 minutes from first try using : Teebo (63 potency/ 138 speed), QGJ (77/173), GS ( /179), Phasma (66/142) , Elder ( /116) .
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Anyone know if the new raid will be replacing the current raid? Or will there be 2 raid options?
  • Options
    Tomek wrote: »
    From the mod fix day I do full the T7/P1 amd 10-20% of P2 during 30 minutes from first try using : Teebo (63 potency/ 138 speed), QGJ (77/173), GS ( /179), Phasma (66/142) , Elder ( /116) .

I use same team and pretty much same damage. Since mods came out I haven't failed to solo P1 with this team. Best I've done on rancor is 20%
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Anyone know if the new raid will be replacing the current raid? Or will there be 2 raid options?

Unless they are going to move Han to somewhere farmable I don't think they are going to remove the old raid.

Then again look who we are dealing with.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Rancor raid is staying

"The rancor raid will NOT be phased out when the new raid is released"

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/597093/#Comment_597093
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Unless they are going to move Han to somewhere farmable I don't think they are going to remove the old raid.

Then again look who we are dealing with.

According to a dev both raids will be available
  • slothe
    221 posts Member
    Options
    boellefisk wrote: »
    Any way to replace Rex with a f2p char?

of66oy.png

Best f2p raid team for t7.