Cap at 70. Great! Now PVP is truly broken

Prev13
When the cap was at 60, Dooku and Leia are the only two characters who can go first in a match. With Dooku's stun ability and his first turn, no team is untouchable. You can always find a solution to any tough opponent.
Now, however, it is no longer the case. With the cap at 70, a class of Super heroes have joined Dooku in the first turn lottery. Geo solider, Rey, Sid and
Poe now all have the chance to go first in a match. Well, what's the consequence of this change? Possibilities have been eliminated. Balance is truly broken. This cap change along with the overpowering character design have created an untouchable team formation, which will force all the PVP players to build towards this ultimate combo:
Sid lead
Geo solider
Poe
Rey
Leia or tie pilot or anyone for that matter

Why is this team is untouchable? Helped by Sid 's leadership and AOE, Rey and geo solider can easily one shot any characters with 11k health or less. That's 2 toons killed before anyone can act. 2/5 of your team is gone before you have a chance to consider what to do?

Even if you survive, you are still facing poe's taunt Leia and another wave of geo solider and Rey.

The geniuses at CG, I truly hope I am wrong about this. I hope you have considered this possibility when you decided to design these characters this way and cap it at 70. I hope there is at least one different build that can counter this team. Otherwise you know what's going to happen? we all race to get the same team and see who wins in the lottery of the first turn.

How fun!

Replies

• LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Get to 70. Stop your cryin
  • Options
    LarGe wrote: »

Thanks for the thoughtful response, really enlightening!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you think that's bad, sub Phasma for Sid and FOTP for Geo. I faced this yesterday in GW, and it took me 12 characters to finally whittle it down. That team can take out a maxed Barriss before she can get a heal off.
    On one attempt, the AI got 14 attacks/procs/moves before I got to do anything. When I finally got my first turn, I had a dead tank, both healers half dead, my whole team was slowed, and their entire team was at max health, with +crit and +advantage, and a taunt still on Poe so I couldn't attack any of their DPS.
    The only thing crazier than this is how many people are hand-waving that there's nothing wrong.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Hey bud what's the deal with Geo not sure how he buffs that setup?.
  • Options
    Yeah, this game isn't balanced at all. Unfortunately, the whales that actually have Leia, FOTP, and Rey at 7* don't want them to be balanced. They come on here and pretend that this game is as balanced as any game has ever been. That's just how these F2P games are, and chances are good that EA will listen to the group that is paying them thousands.
  • Options
    Yeah, this game isn't balanced at all. Unfortunately, the whales that actually have Leia, FOTP, and Rey at 7* don't want them to be balanced. They come on here and pretend that this game is as balanced as any game has ever been. That's just how these F2P games are, and chances are good that EA will listen to the group that is paying them thousands.

What is FOTP?

Also what makes Leia and Rey strong?, curious as i sit normally rank 4 on my board and i have never had trouble with them.
  • LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options

Sorry man. Just getting tired of all the complaining about stuff being broken when it's not. These things happen when the levels are increased. Just get your guys higher.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sorry man. Just getting tired of all the complaining about stuff being broken when it's not. These things happen when the levels are increased. Just get your guys higher.

That has nothing to do with this at all. Read my previous post: my team and the AI's were both the same level. What the level cap changed was allowing Poe to move first in a match, which pushed him from "overpowered" to "insanely overpowered".
    @Wildcats1203 .. I could almost forgive them for allowing the whale teams to beat the lesser teams, that's how freemium games work. But some of the most busted characters aren't even chromium-only. These at least must be fixed before we end up with every whale running team A and everyone else running team B, and Poe in every one of them.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

What is FOTP?

Also what makes Leia and Rey strong?, curious as i sit normally rank 4 on my board and i have never had trouble with them.

First order tie pilot. Leia is fast and buffs the entire team, she has the possibility to fire 3 times for 3k each shot. Rey is very fast as well, gets foresight very often and can one shot practically anybody. Geonosian soldier is very fast like op said, and can call an assist. He already hits for 5k or more and with an assist from leia or rey it's very often a one hit kill.
    You're probably not level 60 yet (saw a screenshot you posted once), but when these heroes reach 60 with 7 stars they are really strong.
  • Options

Is my post just another whine? Have you bother to read it?

• Options

What is FOTP?

First order tie pilot. Leia is fast and buffs the entire team, she has the possibility to fire 3 times for 3k each shot. Rey is very fast as well, gets foresight very often and can one shot practically anybody. Geonosian soldier is very fast like op said, and can call an assist. He already hits for 5k or more and with an assist from leia or rey it's very often a one hit kill.
    You're probably not level 60 yet (saw a screenshot you posted once), but when these heroes reach 60 with 7 stars they are really strong.

Yeah im currently 52 but im going to plan ahead for these problems especially because i cannot stand to use Leia. I have my own set ups but if what you say is true i need to tweak my teams.

Have you found any counters to these?.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    If you think that's bad, sub Phasma for Sid and FOTP for Geo. I faced this yesterday in GW, and it took me 12 characters to finally whittle it down. That team can take out a maxed Barriss before she can get a heal off.
    On one attempt, the AI got 14 attacks/procs/moves before I got to do anything. When I finally got my first turn, I had a dead tank, both healers half dead, my whole team was slowed, and their entire team was at max health, with +crit and +advantage, and a taunt still on Poe so I couldn't attack any of their DPS.
    The only thing crazier than this is how many people are hand-waving that there's nothing wrong.

Yes, phasma can work too. But with Sid and geo it's more consistent. They don't depend on proc, they are sure thing.

The problem is that all these characters are farmable. I am certain That everyone is racing towards this build now

• Options
    Hey bud what's the deal with Geo not sure how he buffs that setup?.

geo can one shot people and he can go first in a match

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Yes, phasma can work too. But with Sid and geo it's more consistent. They don't depend on proc, they are sure thing.

The problem is that all these characters are farmable. I am certain That everyone is racing towards this build now

There is always ways to counter i hope for this team setup, part of the reason i love this game.
  • Options
    @Mofojokers1992 FOTP = First Order Tie Pilot. high attack guy with a seemingly bugged (in his favor) bonus attack.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    In this thread:
    >people complain about whales breaking the game
    >exemplify with characters that are easily farmable in multiple locations as FTP
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I didnt see a team yet like OP described. Currently at level 62.
    Getting a poe yourself really helps. When your poe goes first he knocks of 25% of the opponents turn meter. Then all your heroes go first and you can maybe take out a squishy or injure their poe.
  • Options
    Shewski wrote: »
    @Mofojokers1992 FOTP = First Order Tie Pilot. high attack guy with a seemingly bugged (in his favor) bonus attack.

Aah right yeah curious about this as i haven't really run into one yet.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    In this thread:
    >exemplify with characters that are easily farmable in multiple locations as FTP
    giphy.gif

I think it has to do with the fact the whales buy a bunch of crystals to refresh energy a billion times so they can get these characters maxed out far quicker while non whales don't have this ability.

As to the OP, well, if it gets so bad as you are saying (I haven't run into any big issues like that...yet) and they don't make any changes then the f2p and moderate spenders will probably just quit and the whales will just battle between themselves or get bored and quit spending and the app will die.
  • Options
    Getting Poe is not enough to counter this team because your Poe has only one chance to win the first turn lottery. If your Poe don't go first, you are dead.

My server is full of teams with Poe, yet no one can beat this team unless you have geo and Rey also.
  • Options
    In this thread:
    giphy.gif

I didn't complain about the whales.

• Options

Actually, a whale raised a similar point in the other thread as well. So I do believe they want more balance just as much as we do
  • Cant_Deny
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm not one to complain about things like this, I understand fully that the game is RNG based (crits / stuns / dodging / resisting or applying status effects etc) but today has got to be the single worst day of RNG I've ever experienced.

I've gotten to the stage where I can point at Jessie's post about AI Proc rates not being higher and call b*llsh*t.

Every single person I fought got the most ridiculous procs you could imagine.
    Dooku stunning multiple targets multiple times with force lightning, Daka using her basic attack and stunning either 1 or 2 characters every single time (even on a 50%+ tenancity Poe and several of these attacks was phasma leader assisted)...
    My Sid getting hit by Jedi 4 times in a row without a dodge and dying, but my Jedi (Lumi & QGJ) missing 5 times in a row...
    My 5's basic attack was used probably about 8 - 9 times before being mowed down by the plethora of 6* or higher Rey's and every time it would have applied speed down, it was resisted.
    Today was too frustrating to deal with -.-

/endrant
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    shimmy wrote: »
    I think it has to do with the fact the whales buy a bunch of crystals to refresh energy a billion times so they can get these characters maxed out far quicker while non whales don't have this ability.

...Which just means that a smart FTP player who figures out what cards to go for early will have a very competitive team once the meta changes again and plenty of paying players scramble to keep up.
  • Options
    In this thread:
    giphy.gif

Had me laughing out loud I just had to quote it.

Nice.
  • Options
    Many players farm for months to obtain characters such as Sid, Poe and Geo and have a winning team. Some choose to spend thousands of $$$ to obtain FOTP and Rey. What is wrong about them dominating in arena?
  • Options
    shimmy wrote: »

...Which just means that a smart FTP player who figures out what cards to go for early will have a very competitive team once the meta changes again and plenty of paying players scramble to keep up.

I'm forced to farm geo and Rey right now. With those two I have a chance to win.

Soon more people will realize the only chance they will have is also getting the same characters.

• Options
    Just watch until they fix Ackbar's leader ability, my rebel team will destroy them because then they will get the first turn.
  • Velvethunder
    203 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well, considering leader ability (for speed*) doesn't work turn one in arena, fixing akbar isn't the issue.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Many players farm for months to obtain characters such as Sid, Poe and Geo and have a winning team. Some choose to spend thousands of $$$ to obtain FOTP and Rey. What is wrong about them dominating in arena?

Nothing is wrong with them dominating. Just imagine the top 30 teams in your server all have the same build. How fun will that be because that's exactly where we are heading if nothing changes.