Dengar..... Follow up question

Vyse
111 posts Member
I posted a post about how useful dengar was about a month ago and people were very helpful and now I almost have him at 7 Stars.

I have a follow up question about him now.

Below is the description for his move Mini Mine Mayhem.

Special · Level 8
Mini-Mine Mayhem 4 turn cooldown
Deal Physical damage to all enemies, then inflict negative status effects on all enemies that suffer a Critical Hit. Effects inflicted depend on number of Critical Hits scored. 1 Critical Hit: Tenacity Down for 3 turns 2 Critical Hits: Damage Over Time for 3 turns 3 Critical Hits: 50% Turn Meter Reduction

What I dont understand....

If he scores (any number of critical attacks) do the debuffs automatically land? Or does potency and the opponents tenacity come into play.

The reason I ask is because I want to know which mods to focus on. Potency vs critical chance

Thanks

Replies

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hard call, I'd play with him a bit and decide after that. You'll be bothered by one of those two things (probably both) but if you find he's not critting, or you find the debuffs never proc. Hard to get the best of both worlds with only 6 slots, I run into this predicament all the time haha.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    judging by the recent change to Ig88 omega leader ability all debuffs have to pass through the Tenacity vs Potency dice roll
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    Options
    @TreTuna do you have any idea?
  • Options
    If it crits it sticks.
  • Options
    4 crit chance, 2 potency mods is what I'm trying.
    Griff
  • Options
    or 6 speed mods?
    Griff
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    sp3cw4r wrote: »
    or 6 speed mods?

You need 4 for 1 Speed-set Bonus, so it would be 4 Speedset-mods and 2 others, either 2 Potency or 2 Crit (but with speed on).

Then you'd get Speedset-Bonus and either PotencySetBonus or CritSetBonus.

Or you could do 2 CritSets and 1 PotencySet or vice versa (since Potency and Crit only require 2 per set).

• Options
    They land as if they had potency down already on... Aka 15% chance to resist, though from my experience it very rarely resists.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Options
    4 crit chance, 2 potency mods is what I'm trying.

This is what you want.
    461-112-993
  • Options
    I currently have 4 crit chance and 2 health mods, but the health mods add 17% crit chance so...................
    461-112-993
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    Options
    So potency doesn't matter then?
  • Options
    No, potency doesn't matter for the mine mayhem, but believe me, you want it for his stun/slow for targets that don't have potency down applied.
    461-112-993
  • Options
    4 speed mods for the set, other 2 anything with good speed primary or secondaries... that's what I meant by full 6 speed
    Griff
  • Options
    4 speed mods for the set, other 2 anything with good speed primary or secondaries... that's what I meant by full 6 speed

Yes that's always a useful stat to have as secondary.

• Options
    If you run Dengar with Phasma (for Victory March which works wonders with Mine Mayhem) you want to watch speed and have Dengar just barely slower than Phasma.
    461-112-993
  • Options
    TreTuna wrote: »
    If you run Dengar with Phasma (for Victory March which works wonders with Mine Mayhem) you want to watch speed and have Dengar just barely slower than Phasma.

Good point.
    Griff
  • Options
    What about Dengar with Jawas?
    Griff
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Ahh ok thanks @TreTuna that makes sense
  • Options
    What about Dengar with Jawas?

Still working on my Jawas, could be fun though. Right now I'm running him in some experimental crews in gw. Mainly scoundrel/rebel teams, favorite one atm is:

Lando lead
    Leia
    Dengar
    Phasma
    Han Solo
    461-112-993