How does YOUR guild handle T7 raids?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Our guild just did our first t7. Boy did we overestimate the difficulty. Definitely going to peruse these posts to get a good strategy down. We went:
    P1- solo'd
    P2- hit once
    P3- hit once.
    ---it was by this time we had only 11 people with hits registered and we were breezing through---
    Let everyone else hit. A handful missed but not sure how many as some hits were not showing up but they still got rewards.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    dreamer05 wrote: »
    TyGonJinn your heavy hitters don't solo almost the entire rancor with their one team? That's I think the biggest problem.

Our guild current has 1 player solo phase 1. For phase 2, 25 people from USA time zones attack at exactly the same time (8pm CST) with one team only. For phase 3 its the same rule as phase 2 but for people in European/other time zones. Phase 4 is either someone attempts to solo, then we FFA, or it's just a FFA at a specific time.

They always want everyone to check in ten minutes before raid time on the Line app, and then take a picture of your attack and post in on Line to ensure that you're only attacking once. It seems a bit much to me so I'm looking around at other strategies.

Only one player in your guild can solo phase 1? I feel like if that's the case they should alternate and give other members a chance to get damage on the pigs.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Half your strats won't work.. Myself and about 15 others in my guild can solo clear from p1 to p3/4 easily
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Options
    My guild is fairly new to T7, but we have a nice system that works well with the least amount of stress. I can't believe some of the effort you guys go to in terms of planning. It must be a bit of a headache for the officers involved, but respect if that is how you like to play.

1 person solos p1 with a rotation of members
    1 team p2
    1team p3
    FFA p4 once 45 members have tagged the raid

We will most likely evolve to 1 team in either p2 or p3 as we get stronger. Then 1 team in p1 or p2 or p3 when we can afford to overlap damage. But at the moment the current system works great for the diversity of the guild
    Our emphasis is on getting everyone involved and saving a decent team for p4, no matter what - this ensures we can easily finish each time.
    If you are looking for a strong guild without excessive restrictions or run a guild and want some more advice on your first steps into T7 then don't hesitate to pm me.
  • Options
    MiTRAP wrote: »
    We split guild into 2 teams. While one team being ON, other will be OFF team. OFF team is given 24 hrs period to register 0 dmg. ON team has their own rule such as p1 hitters, 1 attack each, or whatever, as long as they can maintain the raid for 24 hrs, giving enough time for OFF team to register 0 dmg. With this rule everyone is guaranteed being top 25 when they are ON

Actually really like this idea. Would love to get top 25 even if it was every other raid
  • Options
    1 attack per person in the first 24 hours. Then its a free for all.

If we did this we would have over 30 people not get a chance to raid lol
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    I believe approach needs to evolve with more and more players having good toons for raid. I recall times, when people were avoiding p1 and top damagers were obliged to clear it - it all has changed and lots of people want to do p1, as most dmg can be done there.

Referring to the way we raid, we started with 24 hour period to record 0 damage, afterwards it was FFA. Raid took about 10 mins (preplay of p1 was allowed, so everyone could work on best score and finish it when FFA started). However, we found a bug we called "lottery" - there was so much overdone damage that at some point (usually in p4) the system drove crazy. Some players started receiving zero damage, some were added several milions (there were 6M+ add ons). We found it unfair, as we believe that being dedicated player, farming and preparing toons for raid should be rewarded - and often hours spent on doing best preplay should be rewarded better than just being lucky by playing 1 min with avarage team and getting couple of extra M dmg on "Lottery".

Current system is 24 to record zero damage. Afterwards all attempting to p1 have half an hour to record dmg (which allows to minimize the "lottery" as overdone dmg does not accumulate **** much. Than it is free for all except the ones who participated in p1 (always high dmg there - people can choose, if they prefer trying p1 and that's all for them during the raid or if they prefer playing in remaining phases).

We will have to change the system soon though, as some players are close to solo p1 and p2 in one approach ;-)
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    My guild try to fight with raid's bugs. Many millions of points are in lotery on the end of phase 4. Our current idea is to finish only one P1 result and let to fight all the rest players in p234. All others with p1 will release the result when the raid will finish. Maybe this solution will be the best and lotery will not ocure..
  • Options
    Cloud_ wrote: »
    My guild is fairly new to T7, but we have a nice system that works well with the least amount of stress. I can't believe some of the effort you guys go to in terms of planning. It must be a bit of a headache for the officers involved, but respect if that is how you like to play.

1 person solos p1 with a rotation of members
    1 team p2
    1team p3
    FFA p4 once 45 members have tagged the raid

We will most likely evolve to 1 team in either p2 or p3 as we get stronger. Then 1 team in p1 or p2 or p3 when we can afford to overlap damage. But at the moment the current system works great for the diversity of the guild
    Our emphasis is on getting everyone involved and saving a decent team for p4, no matter what - this ensures we can easily finish each time.
    If you are looking for a strong guild without excessive restrictions or run a guild and want some more advice on your first steps into T7 then don't hesitate to pm me.

You just described exactly the progression we went through. Then we ran into a problem where 5-6 people were solo'ing phase 1 each raid, all doing around 15% damage in phase 2. That all cumulates to around 75% of phase 2 being taken out by the phase 1 guys. So there was less fit the other 45 people to do and some ended up with really low scores as they didn't get a chance to attack phase 2 or 3 at all.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We splitted our guild into 4 groups, in short: each raid is for 1 group, so those members go with all their power - the members of the other 3 groups go with 1 char only, to get rewards. Next raid, next group.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.