Full clone team

NicolasRage
1038 posts Member
edited August 2016
I got destroyed by a clone team in GW the other day and i've been inspired ever since. Anyone have experience with a full clone team?
I was thinking of trying
Cody(L)
Fives
Rex
Anakin
Plo Koon

I was also thinking about putting Anakin as lead and adding QGJ instead of Plo Koon, but is Cody any good when hes not in lead?

Thoughts?

p.s. Yes I left out Echo, because Im getting Cody and Rex through shipments, but Echo shards seem to be quite the rarity.

Replies

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I love my clones. They are all seven star except Echo. I've spent a TON of real money, but since Cody came out, I just end up with Cody shards and haven't seen a single Echo drop since then. I'm 35 away from seven stars, but it doesn't look like I'll ever get him there.
  • Options
    @NicolasRage i used to run either a full Clone Team or Anakin Lead with Cody Echo Sgt amd Rex.

I preferred the Anakin lead Team because dmg was higher and most Arena Enemies where down in 30-50 seconds. Cody's 212th is awesome if you got all other chars at high enough crit rate.

AI targets Rex and Echo most times on first hit, so prepare having them on high enough hp/protection or just have higher speed as rey on rex or anakin - that is possible till 220 speed. Everything higher will sacrifice other stats there..

Have fun with your Clones - i loved them
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I have run multiple combinations of all clones and Ani, sometimes subbed in AS, Phasma or ST Han and I say for GW Ani L, Rex, Echo, CS and Cody has worked best as I am able to clear 9-12 nodes just using those 5 toons.

In arena I prefer Rex or Ani lead, but that makes Cody go down quite fast, however, if you lead Cody having all other four clones is nice, it's fun seeing a Rey only removing 12k protection with a flurry because Cody has 80% armour :p

I have come to realise though that no matter what, I always drop more than I would like if I use more than 2 clones so I'm back so other comps in arena.

For raid a full clone team is pretty decent, their all modded for arena or GW so not too much pot on Fives, Rex and CS but still manage to get 1.4 mil because they take so many turns and 212th gets full CD reduction ⅕ times, otherwise it's a 1 or 2 turn CD left
  • Options
    Would a Rex (lead), Fives, Echo, and Chaze be a worthy team to build, or are there much better alternatives for clone teams?
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Clones are not close to being meta, but in the 100-200 range they're quite effective - perhaps some folks have gone higher. I regularly try to target Clone teams in arena when I can because they tend to be quite slow. However, if I miss my daze or stun, I do get destroyed by them.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    The unfortunate things about clones is they have such effective counters. Place a single Kylo Ren (probably not even need to be zeta'ed, but definitely 7* gear 11) and let Cody's 212th attack loose on him and you may be hurting by the time of Kylo's next attack.

As has been said, maybe they're effective above the top 100 in the arena, but at some point below that they start to fall apart.

In GW, however, with a zeta'ed Cody, they're amazing. I used them on nodes 1 - 5, sometimes 6, 7, 8, 10, and broken 11 and 12. They stay with full health and protection through most of it.