The Galactic Clone Players discussion

Prev13456734
The place to discuss all things clones!
I'm ftp, so I don't have Rex, Cody, or Echo. But I do have Fives, Clone Sergeant, and Plo Koon.

My team is obviously not as effective as a full team, but it still gets the job done.

QGJ(L) used to speed up Plo Koon

Yoda used for group foresight

Then the clones

Let the discussion commence!
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me

Replies

• Options
    Glad someone started this hopefully it blows up I love clones. Would love to get @Durrun @JherenKharr @VeridianShakes @Darth_Jay77 @AlwaysABigerFish in on this I know they all run solid clone teams and are always experimenting.

I use to Run Rex L 5's Sarge, RG QGJ/Phasma depending on team I was facing. I would usually stay top 20 in arena but recently had been dropping. I Recently got Anakin useable and have switched to AnakinL Rex 5's Aayla RG and have been doing Farley well still need to get Anakin and Aayla to gear 10. Still playing around with team combos. Rex is only P2P clone I have missed the boat on echo whish I wouldn't have and after keeping up on forums don't want to waste the investment for Cody dosnt seem worth it.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Hi guys welcome to the party! :)
    Currently running
    Ani L
    Rex
    Sarge
    And echo

Been holding top 15 at night and 1-4 at payout
  • Options
    My team has mutated a lot over the months. I ran Rex lead under different comps for awhile. 5's, Sarge, Echo and RG. That was pretty good. But then I took echo out and incorporated Sun Fac into his place. Thus, the Age of Shakes began on my shard. I straight up lived at number one for almost a week after that. I had to back challenge peeps behind me to get my daily done.

But, I've some smart cookies on my shard. Instead of whining and calling for nerfs they went to work devising new strats and tactics. Eventually a few learned how to dislodge me. lol. Pretty good group of guys there. Friendly rivalry. Though I'm pretty sure the droid bros we got get migraines facing my squad lol.

Old Ben has, predictably, increased a great deal in popularity. Which frustrated (but didn't stop) my Rex, 5's, Sarge, Sun Fac and RG team. As big powerhouse dps just isn't there, too much dodging would cause a draw often between Ben and Five's.

With the change to Anakin, I saw an opportunity to remove some of those irritating episodes. A side effect of whaling for Sun Fac and Echo was a bunch of Anakin shards. With the login awards last month I topped him off and then geared him out. He's a wrecking machine. I've sat Sarge out and slid Ani into the leader spot and Rex and Five's with Sun and RG are my main defense team. On offense I usually sit Sun out and put Sarge back in or Echo. Depending on who I'm facing.

I have a maxed Cody, but after the changes...yah, that's an issue I am a bit **** about. But I'm getting accustomed to disappointment dealing with this Corp.
  • CloneLoc
    39 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have full maxed clone group and use them often for Raid, Arena, and GW. Anni lead clone group is solid but unfortunately there are better group options available for Arena especially on defense. I place in top 5 every day using Rex (L), Sun Fac, Rey, Leia, RG. Throw in Phasma, Anni, Daka sometimes

Cody was a huge disappointment. Really can't use him - too squishy and he leads with his AA in arena (weak). Should of known not to buy new toons because lately they are garbage, but I love playing clones
  • Options
    @Durrun and @VeridianShakes how are you CS modded I have a maxed CS and invested a lot into him but he just didn't cut it for me. I rly want to use him maybe proper crit dmg/spd mods would make a difference. I feel like Sarge lvl and modded under an Abakin lead would be a Recking Foce but dosnt seem that way for me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Woo! Glad to see some initiative! Before I did Empire I ran maxed out Rex, Fives, Sarge, Plo Koon, and RG. Got a bit upset they released 2 premium clones in a row and now 3 with Cody so I bailed. Definitely coming back to them strong once I can pick up Echo or Cody or some new clone for free.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    My sarge got lots of protection, potency and offence. image_zpsqytfo2ee.png

1 36% crit damage mod I'll get you the stats more in depth later today I'm at work lol XD
  • Options
    My sarge is crit damage, defense and protection mostly. I don't worry about speed with Rex in the squad. Plus sarge gives himself a lot of TM here and there. It's pretty sweet when you get back to back 13k crits lol
  • Options
    My sarge is crit damage, defense and protection mostly. I don't worry about speed with Rex in the squad. Plus sarge gives himself a lot of TM here and there. It's pretty sweet when you get back to back 13k crits lol

I just gave mine crit chance and health, I'm still hunting the 5* crit chance primary :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I love my clone squad. I run Rex, Echo, Cody, Fives and Leia for my Raids. There's no defense but I built them specifically for aggressive Rancor offense.

For GW I'll run the same team, but swap out Leia with Lumi for healing. I normally get through 11 nodes before pulling in my highest squad power team to take out the 12th node team.
  • Options
    I'm so angry with EA about this Echo "bug." First off, how can it be a bug if you didn't realize it the first time you used 212th? It happens every time you use that ability. Echo fires like 3 times. So, now they've taken Echo, who needed a buff, and Cody, who needs a rework, and made them almost completely useless in one "fix" that didn't even need to happen. Did they do this because of the damage you can land on Rancor when the door is down? Why would they even care considering that there's supposed to be a new raid this month? It just sounds like they don't give a **** at all about balance and prioritize their "fixes" based on nothing but whims.
  • Options
    @Aero good to see you pop in for a little clone love. I follow Empire Discussion just out of curiously and see how other people are doing running something other than Meta love the underdogs. Maybe once they come out with another F2P clone we will win you back. As you said though the last 3 clones that came out Been P2P is a little discouraging if your F2P which I pretty much am, happened to get Rex with very little investment which was nice but not planing on buying the other 2. Clones are such a tease right now it's like they are just on the verge of being truly viable I know there are a handful or 2 of people that do very well with clone but other than that it's tough to make them be a top arena team. Especially if you are a F2P player.

One guy on my shard Runs Rex L, 5's, Echo, Cody, Anakin and he's is 1 a lot always top 5 only other guy on my shard in top 50 that's has any clones lol everyone else is OldBen L with the usual Rey,B2 or Sunfac , Rey and another random toon that is awesome. I can't seem to get around these guys to stay in top 20 It could of just be because I don't have Aayla and Anakin to G10 yet do you think this is my issue Guys everyone is modded with 5* health or defense mods. Not sure why I can't creep in and stay around top 20 with my team
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Who are you running @Trevorthewookie
    Gear level?
  • Options
    Let me give u full break down Iv been bouncing around a lot but best yet is

Anakin L G9
    Rex G11
    5's G10
    RG G9
    Aayla G9

Everyone is 7* Lvl 80 modded pretty well I think. IM hoping the gap for me is just the few guys I have still at G9 they Will all go G10 in the next 2 weeks everyone at 9 is one piece away from being 10
  • TrevorTheWookie
    207 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    On the bench I have Sarge G9, Leia G10, QGJ G11 Rey G10 Ploo G11

Only Ploo and Sarge are not modded at all right now.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I think your issue is currently damage, you have 3 tanks (counting Aayla here) on your team and Anakin is the only one with real numbers... If I were fighting you I'd focus ani first then Rex the go to work on the rest of the tanks and maybe lose 2 to counter attacks... I run similar but without RG and I've won a lot of rounds by blowing up 2 then when they get their attacks in I can outlast the remaining 3 with 5s and ani... I personally recommend swapping in Sarge over leia but you gotta have his basic and passive omegad for him to really shine. Use leia if you don't have that quite yet
  • Options
    @Durrun thanx man I will try that out I have Sarge fully omega'ed will just need to switch some mods to him
  • Options
    @TrevorTheWookie I have a Sarge that's just missing a furnace and I love him. He's so fun to use and he's the one clone that consistently puts up big numbers.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm a big believer in sarge. Huge basic damage with TM gain and the TM reduc is gold! 9-10k crits don't hurt on an aoe either. Between him and Anakin I can do a number on all toons protection first round. All gone on anyone who isn't a tank. After that I assist with 5555 and snipe somone out of RG if he calls a clone and not Anakin.

Side note
    Rockin 45% crit chance before sarges passive kicks in. Not even running chance mods... Yet
  • Options
    Going to be a slower switch for me with the Echo bug fix and the implications for Cody as a result. Right now Im running Rex ( 5* L) Echo (6*) and Sarge, Cody, Fives (7*). Working on Anakin to take lead, and benching Cody.

Plo is decent counter to Teebo (who is a hard counter leader to Clones), but only worth investing in to round out the squad later. I'd rather use him than Cody come Friday.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I've personally always found plo to be underwhelming. Just because his kit gives TM to clones I never found a spot I liked him in in my squad. I can maybe see him as a FTP sun Fac and that's fine but I just never found him effective personally
  • Options
    Ya I wish Ploo was sweeter than he is, he is just kinda of there as a paper weight, Needs better kit then might be useful
  • Options
    The place to discuss all things clones!
    I'm ftp, so I don't have Rex, Cody, or Echo. But I do have Fives, Clone Sergeant, and Plo Koon.

My team is obviously not as effective as a full team, but it still gets the job done.

QGJ(L) used to speed up Plo Koon

Yoda used for group foresight

Then the clones

Let the discussion commence!

I say you need yourself an Anakin lead. 30% more basic damage + 20% more critical damage for all Clones and Jedi.

Also they need more than 2 f2p Clones. Its a shame there are only 2. But man alive 5s is the stuff. 6 different times I've won in the arena all I had was 5s, while my opposition had 3 fully healed toons. 5 won then for me
  • Hammer
    35 posts Member
    Options
    So, how is everyone doing after the Echo "fix?" I run a full clone team in arena but I'm thinking of dropping Cody now because the novelty can't be justified until they rework him. I'm kind of thinking Phasma (gear 10) to replace Cody for the TM gain and slow. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Hi folks...I usually run Rex (L), Echo, Fives, Sarge, and rotate in QGJ / Leia / Ahsoka / Anakin depending on the fight. I was pretty pumped to get Cody but stayed away when I saw his stats...just not worth the investment right now.

Glad to see this thread started.
  • Options
    Hammer wrote: »
    So, how is everyone doing after the Echo "fix?" I run a full clone team in arena but I'm thinking of dropping Cody now because the novelty can't be justified until they rework him. I'm kind of thinking Phasma (gear 10) to replace Cody for the TM gain and slow. Thoughts?
    Go big or go home man, full clone

BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Echo does 3 things
    Dispel
    Bonus damage
    Heal on ally attack

As he isn't living long and dispel is long cd and his bonus damage is negligible now I'm swapping him out for a while to see how I do without.
    Probably going to Sun Fac
    Dispel : check
    Bonus damage : check
    Heal on self dispel can replace echo heals I think.
    Might try out Aayla as well since I'm running Ani lead, let you know how it goes when I get sun high up in gear
  • TrevorTheWookie
    207 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Post edited by TrevorTheWookie on
  • Options
    Per @CG_Kozispoon
    "Hi there, and thank you for all of the great feedback on one of my personal favorite recent additions to the game. Much like Zam Wesell and Geonosian Spy, we are looking into making improvements on Cody in a future update. Cheers!"
  • Options
    So what's the verdict on the Cody changes I don't have him rdy to use yet but curious of what everyone thinks now that they changed things up a little.