Asajj and Speed ...?!? (A Desperate Plea)

Prev13
Barhebraeus
620 posts Member
edited September 2016
I love the Asajj character (cue ELO's "Evil Woman"). I also realize, of course, that if all the game characters were tuned according to their actual canonical abilities, the only ones worth having would be sith and jedi. Having said this, assigning Asajj 98 speed ...?!? This isn't even close (to put it mildly) to her canonical character, which has probably one of the top speeds of any character in the Star Wars universe. I love the game and all the care and attention that the devs are putting into it, but PLEASE fix (i.e., increase) Asajj's speed ... PLEASE!!!
Post edited by Barhebraeus on

Replies

• Options
    Give her speed mods. Problem solved.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Problem not solved. Since other toons of similar abilities who have 30-50 points of speed naturally can also get speed mods.

Mods are great for a well designed toon with one or two weakness. You can choose to bolster their weak areas, or amplify their strengths. Ventress is all weaknesses. Her potency is garbage, her health is garbage, her speed is slower than old man Tarkin, and her damage is just ok. Her abilities are good, but all her stats are worthless.

If you did nothing more than boost her speed to 140 she'd be a decent toon. But mods won't fix a toon that inferior in every way.

• Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

No it isn't. A set of 4 speed mods will only increase her speed +10. Even with an additional holy grail +30 speed arrow mod that's still only 138 total speed. Still quite paltry compared with her canonical character ... especially considering that other characters with already-better speed can also be given speed modifications ...
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Problem not solved. Since other toons of similar abilities who have 30-50 points of speed naturally can also get speed mods.

Mods are great for a well designed toon with one or two weakness. You can choose to bolster their weak areas, or amplify their strengths. Ventress is all weaknesses. Her potency is garbage, her health is garbage, her speed is slower than old man Tarkin, and her damage is just ok. Her abilities are good, but all her stats are worthless.

If you did nothing more than boost her speed to 140 she'd be a decent toon. But mods won't fix a toon that inferior in every way.

+1 Thank you. Better said than I did.
  • Options

Why does she need potency?
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Teague wrote: »

Why does she need potency?

To increase her 35% stun chance on basic and her 50% chance of removing 10% turn meter on special.
  • Options
    She's no where near as bad as y'all making her sound. If used as lead, she gets a lot faster, and speeds Daka up to elite levels. Daka almost always goes first for me and stuns an important character on the other team immediately.

An un modded, non-leader Asajj is too slow tho. Buy there's slower/worse characters. Darth Maul for instance.

I'm my opinion, if they'd just boost her speed a little, maybe 10 more, then give her a little more protection, she'd be a pretty good character.
  • Options
    As far as I'm concerned she needs a complete rework. Slow, weak and limited utility beyond a AOE dispel. Her AOE attack that clears all cooldowns sounds great on paper but in essense it clears its own cooldown and one other ability, which itself is extremely situational and when she takes 1 turn for every enemy's 2, having a 1 turn cooldown is meaningless anyway!

The AI also has the WORST instructions on when she should use her abilities:
    - Will use her AOE dispel any time an enemy has ANY buff
    - Will use her AOE dispel when she is low on health EVEN IF THERE'S NOTHING TO DISPEL!
    - Will ONLY use her AOE attack when an enemy is close to death

Assaj needs more speed, more health, more damage and generally more utility and her AI ability usage would be better if it just never used any of them. Complete rework plz.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned she needs a complete rework. Slow, weak and limited utility beyond a AOE dispel. Her AOE attack that clears all cooldowns sounds great on paper but in essense it clears its own cooldown and one other ability, which itself is extremely situational and when she takes 1 turn for every enemy's 2, having a 1 turn cooldown is meaningless anyway!

- Will use her AOE dispel when she is low on health EVEN IF THERE'S NOTHING TO DISPEL!

Assaj needs more speed, more health, more damage and generally more utility and her AI ability usage would be better if it just never used any of them. Complete rework plz.

+1 Absolutely, yes!! Well said! And thanks for making the point about her AI ... which is about the level of an English Bulldog (which breed I adore, btw) ...
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • Options
    Maul has similar weaknesses, just so slow and squishy. If he can get off a few attacks before he gets graped, he might not be so bad. Unfortunately, fully stacked speed mods will get him the chance to go once before Rey goes twice, maybe. No, probably not.
  • Options

Going out on a limb here and say I don't think she needs a *complete* rework. I think giving her a lower speed can be really useful for the AOE dispel because she can clear the 1st round buffs or she can clean up with an AOE attack (Emphasis on CAN). That said, the AI is too dumb to do that and she's TOO slow (if the other team goes twice, none of the above applies). However, if she had a little more protection to survive the 1st round and a little more damage to make it count when she did, the character is viable. Alternately, give her a turn meter gain on enemy defeats.

RE canonical: dunno about this, but while I'd see her more as the speedy ninja version, the devs may have seen her more as demoralizing clean up after droids have hit for the 1st wave?
  • Options

Going out on a limb here and say I don't think she needs a *complete* rework. I think giving her a lower speed can be really useful for the AOE dispel because she can clear the 1st round buffs or she can clean up with an AOE attack (Emphasis on CAN). That said, the AI is too dumb to do that and she's TOO slow (if the other team goes twice, none of the above applies). However, if she had a little more protection to survive the 1st round and a little more damage to make it count when she did, the character is viable. Alternately, give her a turn meter gain on enemy defeats.

RE canonical: dunno about this, but while I'd see her more as the speedy ninja version, the devs may have seen her more as demoralizing clean up after droids have hit for the 1st wave?

This always comes up when we talk about her speed. She doesn't need to go last to use her dispel. She can go first with high speed, and attack. Then she can be one of the first to get a second attack in after the buff/taunt toons have all gone and then use her dispel. She could use it more often if she were faster. I agree that AI has no clue how to use her, but the same is true of Yoda. I don't know what can be done about that. I'm ok that a lot of toons get wrecked on defense if they are effective on offense.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Thanks for the thoughtful response Wedge ... your comment re: the demoralizing aspect may well explain her AoE dispell ... but still, as regards her speed (not to mention protection and health) ... considering that she was one of the only characters to take on and hold her own (quite well) several times against young Ben and Jedi Anakin at the same time ... unexplainable.
  • Options
    She's no where near as bad as y'all making her sound. If used as lead, she gets a lot faster, and speeds Daka up to elite levels. Daka almost always goes first for me and stuns an important character on the other team immediately.

An un modded, non-leader Asajj is too slow tho. Buy there's slower/worse characters. Darth Maul for instance.

I'm my opinion, if they'd just boost her speed a little, maybe 10 more, then give her a little more protection, she'd be a pretty good character.

She is much worse than you may want to admit, but she's not far from being great. Just compare her to another toon with a similar role/skill set. QGJ

They both have:

1. A dispel.
    2. Control abilities.
    3. Buffs.
    4. Situational heals.
    5. Situational damage.
    6. Speed lead for their class.

They are both low health utility toons with comparable skill sets. Some of the abilities Ventress has are better. Some of Qui-gon's are better. Many are dependant on what you want to do with them. But the reason he is everywhere, and she's almost nowhere is:

1. QGJ has over 5k more health and protection. (This one will take care of itself once she can reach gear 11)

2. QGJ has 63% potency to her 10%.

3. QGJ has 145 speed to her 98.

So she has nice abilities (that AI has no clue how to use), but her base stats are garbage up against a well balanced toon that has a similar role. The health/protection thing is not such a big deal to me. That should even out when they are the same gear level. But there is no excuse for the speed gap, and 10 speed ain't gonna cut it. Give her speed in the 140s and you'll start seeing her in high level arena. For now she's a bench warmer.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I think 2 simple things were give he better viability.
    Protection and health around Anakin levels
    Change Rampage to give her advantage for 2 turns.
  • Options

She is much worse than you may want to admit, but she's not far from being great. Just compare her to another toon with a similar role/skill set. QGJ

They both have:

1. A dispel.
    2. Control abilities.
    3. Buffs.
    4. Situational heals.
    5. Situational damage.
    6. Speed lead for their class.

They are both low health utility toons with comparable skill sets. Some of the abilities Ventress has are better. Some of Qui-gon's are better. Many are dependant on what you want to do with them. But the reason he is everywhere, and she's almost nowhere is:

1. QGJ has over 5k more health and protection. (This one will take care of itself once she can reach gear 11)

2. QGJ has 63% potency to her 10%.

3. QGJ has 145 speed to her 98.

So she has nice abilities (that AI has no clue how to use), but her base stats are garbage up against a well balanced toon that has a similar role. The health/protection thing is not such a big deal to me. That should even out when they are the same gear level. But there is no excuse for the speed gap, and 10 speed ain't gonna cut it. Give her speed in the 140s and you'll start seeing her in high level arena. For now she's a bench warmer.

+1
  • Options
    You actually want Ventress to be slower-at least in the beginning of a battle. Most of her abilities are predicated on her taking action after other heroes. The issue is that she really doesn't get better (faster) enough (ala Savage) and doesn't have the health/protection to last.

If her abilities were buffed to speed her up or she was made tankier, she'd be good.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Agree a little more speed would be good though also bring back her heal ability for other team members!
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    KingPin wrote: »
    Agree a little more speed would be good though also bring back her heal ability for other team members!

Hey KP--Did she originally have heal for team members?!? (I started playing this past March)
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    You actually want Ventress to be slower-at least in the beginning of a battle. Most of her abilities are predicated on her taking action after other heroes. The issue is that she really doesn't get better (faster) enough (ala Savage) and doesn't have the health/protection to last.

If her abilities were buffed to speed her up or she was made tankier, she'd be good.

Actually, if she had better speed and better potency, her stun on basic would prove extremely useful as a first strike ... I've been more-or-less using her this way with modded 32% potency and have had so-so success ... enough to give me a glimpse--as through a scanner darkly--of what an improved and truly great Asajj might really look like ...
  • Options
    There could be a little change on "strike fear". It could be that give" ... for each efect dispelled this way, Asaji gain %10 turn meter and Speed Up"
    Asaji has low health but she has good armor.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Lifeazure wrote: »
    There could be a little change on "strike fear". It could be that give" ... for each efect dispelled this way, Asaji gain %10 turn meter and Speed Up"
    Asaji has low health but she has good armor.

I like that. I think the base heal would need to be reduced or removed for some balance.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Asajj needs 60 points of speed added to her current turtle speeds if she is to exist in this meta. Why does she move slower than Jabba the hut after a large meal? 98 speed.... Rey has 164, does wayy more damage, and isn't stoopid on defense. Very simple solutions to fixing her.

1. Make her AI only use dispel ONLY when a taunt is active, or three or more people have offense up. It generally is useless to use it any other time.

2. Make her fast this time.... And make her leader ability apply to Seperatists as well as night sisters. Who really wants to use night sisters right now? To currently use Asajj you must have her as leader, and pair her with Daka. But that team is garbage, and I'd rip through it in seconds with almost any meta squad.

3. Her kit was designed for a game without protection. May want to add in "speed up" on her unique ability. Aswell as making her fast. She has a very good basic attack, and solid aoe, the only problem is her dispel being used at the wrong time, and her 98 speed doesn't cut it anymore.

@CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_Conduit23

• Options
    Asajj needs 60 points of speed added to her current turtle speeds if she is to exist in this meta. Why does she move slower than Jabba the hut after a large meal? 98 speed.... Rey has 164, does wayy more damage, and isn't stoopid on defense. Very simple solutions to fixing her.

1. Make her AI only use dispel ONLY when a taunt is active, or three or more people have offense up. It generally is useless to use it any other time.

2. Make her fast this time.... And make her leader ability apply to Seperatists as well as night sisters. Who really wants to use night sisters right now? To currently use Asajj you must have her as leader, and pair her with Daka. But that team is garbage, and I'd rip through it in seconds with almost any meta squad.

3. Her kit was designed for a game without protection. May want to add in "speed up" on her unique ability. Aswell as making her fast. She has a very good basic attack, and solid aoe, the only problem is her dispel being used at the wrong time, and her 98 speed doesn't cut it anymore.

@CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_Conduit23

+1
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    KingPin wrote: »

Hey KP--Did she originally have heal for team members?!? (I started playing this past March)

She was never supposed to have a group heal. She was bugged and healing everyone with her special, but they fixed her.
  • Options
    Wholf wrote: »
    Yeah she needs quite a few fixes to be honest.

So many adjustments that it'd be less work just to start from scratch with her like they did anakin. AOE dispel gives her a real unique thing no one else can do but everything else about her is absolutely worthless.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Wholf wrote: »
    Yeah she needs quite a few fixes to be honest.

So many adjustments that it'd be less work just to start from scratch with her like they did anakin. AOE dispel gives her a real unique thing no one else can do but everything else about her is absolutely worthless.

Forgetting about B2 and Echo.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I like Ventress and use her often. I've got her at 146 speed and around 18k health and protection. She's useful but I would let be against a buff.

Her AOE having a potential to stun would be great....