Is Daka Arena viable?

I got one free Spot in my Arena Squad which is:

Anakin(L), St Han, QGJ, Rey, ???

My question is would old Daka be a vible option, i could gear her to G10 and Mod her up to 200+ Speed and 70+ Potency.

Replies

• Options
    Not inside top 50, but good at getting you there
  • Options
    could you explain why shes not viable in Top 50?
  • Options
    She doesn't do much damage. Though she can proc a stun or two, you need to get some dmg in there before the stunned toons come right back. Paired with EP, she might be stronger since then you can attempt to keep the enemy permastunned.
  • Options
    one of our guild mates ran Asajj lead, daka, ani, RG, EP, he was able to beat all the whale teams on the soft launch server, daka up to 245 speed, he took #1
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    BzmR94 wrote: »
    could you explain why shes not viable in Top 50?

She is. Up until I got 7* Palp, I ran her on an early December shard and could hit 1st at will. She teally shines with Omega's and on a Phasma lead and/or heavy assist team.

Up until a couple weeks ago, I ran Phasma lead +QGJ +STHan + Daka + Rey (GS would work here too) - all maxed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    You can get evil granny's potency cranked up pretty high and she works best with a phasma lead... but palpy, ayla, rg all work well together to create a symphony of stuns, that is guaranteed to wreck ssomebody's parade.
  • Options
    What do you guys think about this Team:

Anakin(L), QGJ, Rey, St Han, Old Daka

Daka would have high speed and potency + When Han gets attacked she gets turnmeter.
    + anakin will get turnmeter much more often because of toons getting under 50% health or getting killed due to Dakas heal/ revive!
  • Options
    I don't love the team, but you could always try. Phasma lead is nice because there's always a chance to proc Daka's stun. With her and RG ans. QGJ assist on the first turn, it was possible to stun lock all 5 enemies. Then have Rey (with speed mods) crush skulls.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I've been running Lumi or QGJ lead, Royal Guard, Ewok Elder, Daka, and Genosian Soldier. It works pretty well, but I have a lot of problems when I have to auto. I need more damage, but it's pretty awesome having the stuns.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    She's definitely outclassed by Palpatine so no, not top tier anymore
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Not everyone has 7* Palp. ;)

• BzmR94
    231 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Only have 6* Palp
  • Options
    Hell I used to use her on my droid team until I finished JE, and I float from top 50 to top 20
  • Options
    Jan shard, I run daka with ep lead and rg, what ep doesn't stun, daka and rg finish the job, still make top 10, sometimes top 5.
  • Options
    I run Phasma (l), QGJ, ST Han, Rey, and Daka. Even though the meta has changed to EP/AOE, I can still get the get to low teens with just the 5 battles/day. With good RNG I can to get 9-10. I usually drop to 30-35 on defense. I'm in a Dec shard. I don't have Anakin, so I can't test it for you.

Daka's Rez doesn't proc that often for me. With the team you listed, most people will go for Daka first, so you won't get many chances to Rez your team to eventually get another turn with Anakin. But her heal might be able to float toons back above the 50% mark.
  • Options
    I run Phasma (l), QGJ, ST Han, Rey, and Daka. Even though the meta has changed to EP/AOE, I can still get the get to low teens with just the 5 battles/day. With good RNG I can to get 9-10. I usually drop to 30-35 on defense. I'm in a Dec shard. I don't have Anakin, so I can't test it for you.

Daka's Rez doesn't proc that often for me. With the team you listed, most people will go for Daka first, so you won't get many chances to Rez your team to eventually get another turn with Anakin. But her heal might be able to float toons back above the 50% mark.
    Jedi Master - you can also swap out Rey and plug in RG in that setup with good success as well. RG is an extra stunner - and a secondary taunter when Han's health get's low. I also had Daka's heal omega'd, so STHan would take a beating, then the taunt would switch to RG, Daka would heal STHan (and anyone else that might be hurting with AoE).

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I don't love the team, but you could always try. Phasma lead is nice because there's always a chance to proc Daka's stun. With her and RG ans. QGJ assist on the first turn, it was possible to stun lock all 5 enemies. Then have Rey (with speed mods) crush skulls.

Yeah, I like that team composition as well. Stuns galore + RG's taunt helps keep Rey alive and she just obliterates opponents.

I am running a droid team right now, but I am working on leveling up RG to 7* and properly leveling & gearing Daka to try and run that team.
  • Options
    Jan shard, I run daka with ep lead and rg, what ep doesn't stun, daka and rg finish the job, still make top 10, sometimes top 5.

Is your Palpy 7*?
  • Options

Palp can also only stun once every four turns. Daka can stun every turn.

Sometimes you don't need to stun a whole team. You just need to keep one toon out of action.....
  • Options

Palp can also only stun once every four turns. Daka can stun every turn.

Sometimes you don't need to stun a whole team. You just need to keep one toon out of action.....

Like Rex or JKA or Lando or Sun Fac. Oh, I agree 100%. That's why I like to run RG with Palp - he's kinda like the "if at first you don't succeed" backup stunner. And if that doesn't work, Vader ability blocks.

• Options
    I still use her with palp and rg, get them all fast enough and wiggs, lando, droid teams aren't trouble. On a good day i can still make top 5 with a free to play stun lock team.
  • Options
    I still use her with palp and rg, get them all fast enough and wiggs, lando, droid teams aren't trouble. On a good day i can still make top 5 with a free to play stun lock team.

With great potency that's doable but if they have great tenacity and/or speed that can prove problematic. My EP starts at 88% Potency and if my calculations are correct gains another 32% by being leader yet he can't always apply Shock or Stun (he usually does but I've gotten a few resists).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

With great potency that's doable but if they have great tenacity and/or speed that can prove problematic. My EP starts at 88% Potency and if my calculations are correct gains another 32% by being leader yet he can't always apply Shock or Stun (he usually does but I've gotten a few resists).

There is always a 15% chance to resist no matter potency.unless someone on your shard is running 100% tenacity you are waiting mods pushing his potency that high.
  • Options
    I think she may be. I'm working on a stun lock team that employs her abilities. They are almost read for testing, just need a few more mods and shards. I run between 1st and 5th on my shard with EP lead teams all around me. My plan is for this to be a defense team that runs out the clock on most battles, not geared for a win or at least not a resounding win.
  • Options
    There's at least one guy on my shard that is running 90+% tenacity on his Rey - I think it's a bit of a waste since that just makes her vulnerable to regular attacks (Rey needs health more than anything else) but EP can barely harm her otherwise. Still, that is food for thought, may have to consider a change to some better health mods if he starts to die more often.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"