Slowly Losing The Will To Play This Game

Prev13
As the title says, it's getting beyond ridiculous now. How exactly does RNG work and what are HK-47's revival chances? I played stage 11 of GW 15 times with different combinations and a different attack order each team, but no matter what I did HK-47 revived every God **** time and it ended up costing me the match. For me this game is becoming less enjoyable with each passing day. If I had Dooku like every other player does it'd be a heck of a lot easier with his stun and counter attack, but I only needed 8 shards on Saturday and here we are almost a week later and I still need 7 shards because his drop rate is so poor. Thankfully this frustration has stopped me from dropping another $100 on an imbalanced game.

Replies

• HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hk47 has a 75% revive chance the first time he dies. I don't think he can revive more than once though.
    Post edited by HavokTrigger on
  • Options
    I am too, but it has nothing to do with rng. The game is just getting really repetitive and boring. I hope they add a new GW like feature.
  • Options
    Hk47 has a 100 pc revive chance the first time he dies. I don't think he can revive more than once though.

Fair enough. I didn't realise it was 100%. Thanks.
  • Options
    I am too, but it has nothing to do with rng. The game is just getting really repetitive and boring. I hope they add a new GW like feature.

I agree with that. GW is just a frustrating grind, one which I usually complete but not today. As for Arena I'm pretty much guaranteed a top 10 position although I usually finish 4th since the top 3 are untouchable. So it's just the same thing each day now. If the next update doesn't bring new content I think I'll stop playing.
  • Options
    As the title says, it's getting beyond ridiculous now. How exactly does RNG work and what are HK-47's revival chances? I played stage 11 of GW 15 times with different combinations and a different attack order each team, but no matter what I did HK-47 revived every God **** time and it ended up costing me the match. For me this game is becoming less enjoyable with each passing day. If I had Dooku like every other player does it'd be a heck of a lot easier with his stun and counter attack, but I only needed 8 shards on Saturday and here we are almost a week later and I still need 7 shards because his drop rate is so poor. Thankfully this frustration has stopped me from dropping another $100 on an imbalanced game.

A weak will leads to the dark side. It is known.
  • Options
    @HavokTrigger

It's actually not 100% it's 75%.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Reading a random situation that is random where a player experiences bad luck who gets to forum and rants about it. You lost a match in GW 11/15 where you think you have the right to beat it 15/15 daily.
    That's not intended. Up your strats or quit playing if you are a person that feels he needs to win all the time. You don't even give details about your team, the fight, the choices made and the strategy. What do you expect players will do here except replying in a toxic way (internet is predictable).
    Think about it.. or give me hate for it.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Reading a random situation that is random where a player experiences bad luck who gets to forum and rants about it. You lost a match in GW 11/15 where you think you have the right to beat it 15/15 daily.
    That's not intended. Up your strats or quit playing if you are a person that feels he needs to win all the time. You don't even give details about your team, the fight, the choices made and the strategy. What do you expect players will do here except replying in a toxic way (internet is predictable).
    Think about it.. or give me hate for it.

I won't give you hate, I just ignore 99% of what you say because you say the same to every single person. Have a nice day :smile:
  • Options

A weak will leads to the dark side. It is known.

If you have ever seen me around food then you will know I have no willpower :D
  • Options
    @ThalosKirano

That's fine and all but don't be suprised if 99% will take this post as another useless non informative, non constructive post like a lot out there.

People read that you lose the will to play because you lost a match and have to draw their conclusions based on the info you gave, which isn't much.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • MousseTampi
    88 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    also my boba fett is not reviving everytime he dies.
    yes it's getting boring, facing the same characters everyday is so boring, sid, phasma, luminara... >_>
  • Options
    @ThalosKirano

That's fine and all but don't be suprised if 99% will take this post as another useless non informative, non constructive post like a lot out there.

People read that you lose the will to play because you lost a match and have to draw their conclusions based on the info you gave, which isn't much.

I fully expect them to, but I don't particularly care what they think. My opinion on the game is getting lesser with each passing day, if people want to brand me a whiner or a cry baby because of it then oh well, I think I'll survive. I didn't give all the details because I don't particularly feel the need to, this is me venting not me asking for everybody's input on an imbalanced game system. If I posted about that it'd just lead to another debate and debates on here have grown more tiresome than the game has for me.
  • Options
    @ThalosKirano

I fully expect them to, but I don't particularly care what they think. My opinion on the game is getting lesser with each passing day, if people want to brand me a whiner or a cry baby because of it then oh well, I think I'll survive. I didn't give all the details because I don't particularly feel the need to, this is me venting not me asking for everybody's input on an imbalanced game system. If I posted about that it'd just lead to another debate and debates on here have grown more tiresome than the game has for me.

IMO You should take a break from galactic wars and try your luck at debate wars here in forums. It brings a whole new aspect of intrigue to SWGOH B)

• Options
    @ThalosKirano

IMO You should take a break from galactic wars and try your luck at debate wars here in forums. It brings a whole new aspect of intrigue to SWGOH B)

Haha, I did partake in my fair share of them last week and funnily enough, I was defending GW and the game in general! I usually don't mind GW, but today it was annoying as hell giving me level 61, 6*, purple gear opponents from round 5 onward. I always get that in GW but I can usually find a way to beat them, this time with facing 3 straight teams containing Vader, Sid, Kylo and Dooku my team was too depleted to make it beyond the 10th round.
  • Options
    What level are you? Vader/Sid/Kylo/Dooku teams are the teams you should be hoping for.
  • Options
    What level are you? Vader/Sid/Kylo/Dooku teams are the teams you should be hoping for.

61. But when they're all 6* plus with purple gear and 3 of their heroes go before I even get a turn it becomes difficult. Dooku is annoying as hell, he sometimes gets 4 hits in before I even get a turn then Sid and Kylo both apply immunity to healing to at least 2 of my heroes. As I said, I usually complete GW but today I failed to do so.
  • Options

100% agreed.
  • Options

100% agreed.

See the above post.
  • Options

I'm 64 and I dread those teams much more than FOTP/Leia teams. Their tankiness mean that they will be putting their damage out and I'll have to burn some CDs.
  • Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

I'm 64 and I dread those teams much more than FOTP/Leia teams. Their tankiness mean that they will be putting their damage out and I'll have to burn some CDs.

I agree with this 100%, I find the supposed OP teams much easier to beat. Give me the likes of Poe and Leia all day long instead of Dooku, Sid and Kylo.
  • Options
    I think its a pain to see the Jedi/Sith being butchered by Poe Dameron, Genosian Soldier or Phasma... The characters are unbalanced and the wrong characters have the most power and skills. I wonder : Why doesnt Kylo have leader abillities?

I have a main deck with Luminara 7*, Sidious 7*, Consular 7*, Kylo 6*, Vader 4* all gear lvl 7 or higher and i can not win against Phasma 5*, Poe 5* and GS 5* and Luminara/ Sidious or something else?

Bout time you devs bring back balance to both the force and this game.

Nerf the characters that dont or hardly play a part in the SW series and give back power to those that do!!!

• Options
    MaDSchusZ wrote: »
    I think its a pain to see the Jedi/Sith being butchered by Poe Dameron, Genosian Soldier or Phasma... The characters are unbalanced and the wrong characters have the most power and skills. I wonder : Why doesnt Kylo have leader abillities?

I have a main deck with Luminara 7*, Sidious 7*, Consular 7*, Kylo 6*, Vader 4* all gear lvl 7 or higher and i can not win against Phasma 5*, Poe 5* and GS 5* and Luminara/ Sidious or something else?

Nerf the characters that dont or hardly play a part in the SW series and give back power to those that do!!!

So in other words give power to the heroes you use and nerf those you don't? Sure, that's fair.
  • Options

I agree with that. GW is just a frustrating grind, one which I usually complete but not today. As for Arena I'm pretty much guaranteed a top 10 position although I usually finish 4th since the top 3 are untouchable. So it's just the same thing each day now. If the next update doesn't bring new content I think I'll stop playing.

Precisely my feeling. I haven't even bothered with GW since they ruined it. The boring grind of a repeat strategy took all the joy away. I've saved almost s hundred bucks because now I'm totally ftp. I'm ONLY playing now to see if they'll listen to us about it or bring on something that isn't just more grind. I'll be deleting this game if not. I'll feel very burned and will avoid EA like the plague.

Still have hopes tho
  • Options

So in other words give power to the heroes you use and nerf those you don't? Sure, that's fair.

Sorry but i seriously think you have misread my post. I have unlocked all the chars i discribed myself. Poe, Phasma, GS, FOTP etc. There are only 7 chars i dont have tbh. But that is not my point :( My point is that it seems unfair to me that a 1 or 2* char is stronger than a 3 or 4* char, when levelled up. And chars that basicly have no role in the SW series. You dont agree Kylo has to be stronger than Phasma? A Jedi should be able to kill a GS with ease. Just some examples, there are many more examples of overpowered chars.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

Vader/Sid/Kylo/Dooku is not that tanky. Vader and Kylo are tanky, Sid and Dooku are not. Pretty sure FOTP is far tankier than all of those besides Kylo too. Vader also doesn't do much damage, you can simply Kill Sid/Dooku off first, and then kill Kylo, and leave vader for last. I love these teams. I've actually been lucky recently and been getting similar teams like this the majority of times which means an easy GW clear for me. Add a Barriss to that team and it's basically my favorite team to face off against.
  • Options

61. But when they're all 6* plus with purple gear and 3 of their heroes go before I even get a turn it becomes difficult. Dooku is annoying as hell, he sometimes gets 4 hits in before I even get a turn then Sid and Kylo both apply immunity to healing to at least 2 of my heroes. As I said, I usually complete GW but today I failed to do so.

What's your team?
  • Options

Sorry but i seriously think you have misread my post. I have unlocked all the chars i discribed myself. Poe, Phasma, GS, FOTP etc. There are only 7 chars i dont have tbh. But that is not my point :( My point is that it seems unfair to me that a 1 or 2* char is stronger than a 3 or 4* char, when levelled up. And chars that basicly have no role in the SW series. You dont agree Kylo has to be stronger than Phasma? A Jedi should be able to kill a GS with ease. Just some examples, there are many more examples of overpowered chars.

So, Jedi and sith should be the most powerful characters since they can kill them with ease? A lot of Jedi (only a handful survived, only 4 according to canon if I'm not mistaken, Kanan, Obi, Yoda and Ahsoka) were killed during the Great Jedi Purge by no-names just FYI.
  • Options
    I know.... But they were not fighting one of m at the time. But never mind. I have not written the series. A single Jedi will never loose against a single GS. Think of this what you want. The Jedi and Sith are the most powerfull in the entire series. I really wonder why you play SW games if you missed that part
  • Options
    I'm also losing the will to play but not because of any cheese I see in matches although the Daka revive crap (only a 10% chance to revive an ally? ****) is getting on my nerves.

My issue is it is just so darn repetitive. GW has lost some interest for me since I now complete it every day and arena is just flawed and boring. I did hit a new high yesterday of getting below 50 for prize time but I'm back to 61 right now and I just don't care much about the mode, especially since I generally keep facing the same characters from a pool of about 10.

LS/DS battles and cantina I just sim so there is nothing interesting there as well.

The only thing that really gets me interested is when I unlock a new character like I did yesterday with Vader since I get to gear them up and have an interest in seeing how they do in battle.....but that interest wanes once I've used them a couple times.

I don't think the app is poorly designed but rather it's just not really my cup of tea to just do something that is nothing but repetition every single day for weeks on end. Been playing since the start of December and for the first month I was very into it but not now. Hopefully they do add some interesting new content.
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I know.... But they were not fighting one of m at the time. But never mind. I have not written the series. A single Jedi will never loose against a single GS. Think of this what you want. The Jedi and Sith are the most powerfull in the entire series. I really wonder why you play SW games if you missed that part

Cad Bane took on both Jedi simultaneously...Jango whooped Obi. The force users are not the most powerful in the game nor in the lore, go back to your fantasies kid.

If the game was in the manner you wanted there'd be no playing the game.

And it's lose not loose.
This discussion has been closed.