Anybody buy mod pack yet?

2Next

Replies

• Jambiiiiiiiii
    912 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oooohwee. Bought 5 packs and averaged 3 golds per pack.

Upgraded a few. 2 @ 15 speed secondary. 1 @ 18 speed.

Definitely worth it in my opinion. Total cost of 5 packs is less than the cost of 1 5* gold in shipments.
  • Options
    Honestly one of the best values they put out. I had one pull that netted me 5/6 at 5* that is like 10k crystals in shop.

I bought 5 packs, plan to all weekend despite having mods out the wazuuu. They put out items that offer good ROI I will buy as I said all along.

Very solid value folks. Highly recommend.
  • Options
    Someone share the screen shot of their mod packs?
  • Options
    I am kind of laughing about this.. I *KNOW* it is total RNG, but WOW.. I just got another secondary that was over 10. :D

*Still* looking for that Primary.. but I guess what I am saying is "I will take it!"

Good luck everyone!

I got none over 10, nor any primaries, however I had 4 at 9 and 3 at 8 a 7 and 3 at 5. Lots of Protection and offense too. Lucky there is a cap,lol.
  • Options
    I maxed out and bought 5 packs. Got a 5 dot offense speed arrow and two of my mods went to +14 (crit damage square) and a +17 speed secondary circle.

Yes, worth every crystal when you consider a gold 5 dot mod in the shop is over 3.6k crystals. I'm going broke this weekend.

Plus, you know "trash" mods you can throw on the bench toons and still be good.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I believe I will patiently wait for tier 6 mods to start dropping when the new raid is released in 19 years. This should abate my need for new, better mods now, freeing me to make another 9,000 button-presses to receive my next stun-cuff salvage piece, bringing me to 1/50.
  • Options
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    I believe I will patiently wait for tier 6 mods to start dropping when the new raid is released in 19 years. This should abate my need for new, better mods now, freeing me to make another 9,000 button-presses to receive my next stun-cuff salvage piece, bringing me to 1/50.

Shooting for August.
  • Options
    Fortunately, I already have many maxed-out Jawas, which frees me to focus my shard-farming efforts on CUP with his many synergies while I wait for the raid to be released.
  • Options
    Only worth it if you have just started working up the mod battles. I did one pack just to check it out. I git 5 3 star mods and one 5 star. One regular 3 green and 2 purple (including the 5 star mod). The rarity of the mods is the only thing that makes it worthwhile. But if the drop rare i got is normal. Thats 3600 crysrals to get a full set of 5 star mods for a hero and even then your not gauranteed they will all be the same type to net the set bonuses. Overall its like all the other specialty packs, only worthwhile for new players with some spare money that want a good legup at the start. Not worth it for anyone playing more than a couple months, your better off spending a couple days grinding out in mod battles and challanges.
  • Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    Here's the question: do you think you get better value than you would simming 4 cantina refreshes on a tier 3 mod challenge? 600 crystals = 480 cantina energy = 10 tier 3 pulls. Hmm... if your drop rate is 30%, you probably only get 3 mods... I'm almost talking myself into a yes on this.

Seems like you are guaranteed more mods but of random type. So, maybe this is the question: are 5-8 random mods better than 3 mods of a known type?

How does 480 energy only = 10 tier 3 pulls? T3 challenges cost 16 energy so 10 pulls would be 160. You would get 30 pulls. At 30% drop rate, that would be 9 mods
  • Options
    Here's the question: do you think you get better value than you would simming 4 cantina refreshes on a tier 3 mod challenge? 600 crystals = 480 cantina energy = 10 tier 3 pulls. Hmm... if your drop rate is 30%, you probably only get 3 mods... I'm almost talking myself into a yes on this.

Seems like you are guaranteed more mods but of random type. So, maybe this is the question: are 5-8 random mods better than 3 mods of a known type?

How does 480 energy only = 10 tier 3 pulls? T3 challenges cost 16 energy so 10 pulls would be 160. You would get 30 pulls. At 30% drop rate, that would be 9 mods

Holy faulty calculators, Batman! You are correct. Your math just saved me from a poor life choice! Lol...
  • Options

Holy faulty calculators, Batman! You are correct. Your math just saved me from a poor life choice! Lol...

If you get decent RNG it should work better plus you get the additional ability mats as well. But it wouldnt surprise me if you hit a 3 for 30 or something like that lol
  • Options
    Don't do it! You still are gambling hard on the secondary stats. Just spend the crystals on refresh and save your time.
  • Options
    My luck must be really bad.. not even a single 5* :cry:

First purchase (5 mods):
    MK III-D Potency (+0.75%)
    MK IV-C Offense (+0.5%)
    MK IV-C Crit Damage (+0.5% Health)
    MK I-B Tenacity (+0.25% Def)
    MK II-A Offense (+0.25% Offense)

2nd Purchase (5 mods):
    MK I-D Potency (+0.13% Health)
    MK II-C Tenacity (+2% Crit Avoid)
    MK II-B Tenacity (+0.25 Offense
    MK IV-B Speed (+3 speed)
    MK III-B Tenacity (+1.5% Protection)
  • Options
    queenbee wrote: »
    My luck must be really bad.. not even a single 5* :cry:

First purchase (5 mods):
    MK III-D Potency (+0.75%)
    MK IV-C Offense (+0.5%)
    MK IV-C Crit Damage (+0.5% Health)
    MK I-B Tenacity (+0.25% Def)
    MK II-A Offense (+0.25% Offense)

2nd Purchase (5 mods):
    MK I-D Potency (+0.13% Health)
    MK II-C Tenacity (+2% Crit Avoid)
    MK II-B Tenacity (+0.25 Offense
    MK IV-B Speed (+3 speed)
    MK III-B Tenacity (+1.5% Protection)

You have great luck! The problem is this game is from EA and they set it up to where 99% of anything you buy will be useless so you buy more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more
  • Options
    with the double drops

i think its better to do mod challenges

at least you get the type you want/need
  • Options
    Indeed.. Gambling is a bad sin to be avoided at all costs.. perhaps it is time to repent and revert back to basic farming...
  • Options
    queenbee wrote: »
    Indeed.. Gambling is a bad sin to be avoided at all costs.. perhaps it is time to repent and revert back to basic farming...

We should all become farmers and drop out of using any technology!
  • Options
    Just bought 2. I got no 5 dot mods. I did get a 3 dot mod that ended up with +10 speed and crit damage as a primary. That was the only one worth anything.
  • Options
    I bought 4 packs and got 4 or 5 good mods, including a 5 dot potency with crit avoidance primary I was looking for to put on B2. Potency rolled 3x and speed popped up at level 12. I'll take it! I also got a couple of 4 dots with speed 7-9 and a 5 dot tenacity with tenacity primary and +12 speed. Overall worth it in my books, considering you don't get any white mods. IMG_0190.PNG
  • Options
    I am kind of laughing about this.. I *KNOW* it is total RNG, but WOW.. I just got another secondary that was over 10. :D

*Still* looking for that Primary.. but I guess what I am saying is "I will take it!"

Good luck everyone!

They pay you in good RNG
  • Options
    How often do these mod packs come up for sale? I can't seem to find them so guessing they are limited time
  • Options
    It was a waste to me because it was random mods from random sets I don't have access to. Yes I am level 85 but I don't have a Jawa team so I'm stuck with health and defense mods for now.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Dags wrote: »
    How often do these mod packs come up for sale? I can't seem to find them so guessing they are limited time

Mod packs have only come around for tournaments to date. There was a post yesterday asking for them to be regular. I suggest that you start a new thread asking for Mod Packs all the time. Devs tend to fulfill requests that are frequent and have a chance for making money.
  • Options
    Mod pack come up whenever there is a tournament. In case you don't know, you can only buy 5 packs a day, but it resets when the day resets, so you can buy up to 10 packs per tournament. I bought 10x for the last 3-4 tournaments and now I have all I need to outfit my arena team +1 alternate with good speed secondaries, and then rest of my usable toons with decent speed secondaries.

Compared to cantina energy refreshes, mod packs are a much better investment... but don't expect too much if you only plan on buying one or two... if you want to invest several thousand crystals, you can expect to get some truly useful mod sets.
  • Options
    249110d1247623245-ml-spare-wheel-carrier-holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg