Dengar (the best way to MOD)

RUFU
31 posts Member
Hey guys, as the title says what is the best way to mod dengar?
I've unlocked him at 7 * recently and have used him twice against rancor, once modded with 4 potency mods and 2 crit chances, and the second with 4 crit chances (one including 24 pot) with 2 pot mods.

Yet...dengar seems to only land his tenacity down once out of 20 attempts

Any suggestion would be helpful and much appreciated :)

Replies

• Krillion
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If your interested in just applying his tenacity down on say the rancor potency doesnt mean anything. It is reliant on the hit being a crit. It cannot be resisted as far as i know. I pair Dengar with Phasma and time her advantage with his bombs. Provided it doesnt dodge it will land the tenacity down 100% of the time.

So if you cannot pair him with Phasma i would add crit chance mods to him.
  • Options
    Krillion wrote: »
    If your interested in just applying his tenacity down on say the rancor potency doesnt mean anything. It is reliant on the hit being a crit. It cannot be resisted as far as i know. I pair Dengar with Phasma and time her advantage with his bombs. Provided it doesnt dodge it will land the tenacity down 100% of the time.

This. Go all 6 with 2x mods.
  • RUFU
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Is it still worth omega ing his basic attack with all 2xmods?
    RyanRen wrote: »

Post edited by RUFU on
  • Options

+1

If you can run phasma, definitely want to add her and could use critical damage instead. If not, crit chance is the way to go!
  • Zarbax
    256 posts Member
    Options
    In addition to these suggestions, I'd recommend trying to get some potency included in your stats (primary or secondary). He'll need it for speed down, especially if you opt for a TMR toon in place of Phasma.
  • SantasWS
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    dengar tenacity down works only if he does crit, get 3x 2crit chance Mods the triangle mod main stat also crit chance otherwise give him some speed to cycle his cooldown faster, Potency is a waste on him, as his stun does not work on rancor anyhow and with tenacity down will work just fine in credit heist, i have given mine some protection and defense to help him stay in the battle.
    Also i found the benefit of tenacity down more noticeable against rancor not so much on the Pigs.
    phasma or fives is a great companion for speed down.
  • Zarbax
    256 posts Member
    Options
    Santa, you are correct in that you cannot stun the rancor. You can, however, inflict speed down.
    I use Teebo(L), Ewok Elder, Ewok Scout, QGJ and Dengar for raids. Relying on Dengar for speed down is less than ideal, but that's the trade off for having another turn meter-reducing character.
    His base potency is rubbish so any increase you can give him is beneficial. It is a lower priority but still worth trying to add to. As I said before, if you don't need him for speed down, it's not really a concern.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    Options
    RUFU wrote: »
    Is it still worth omega ing his basic attack with all 2xmods?
    RyanRen wrote: »

A short Dengar video guide
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70052/vid-dengars-guide
  • Options

This, and what everyone else said. His tenacity down is crit chance dependant, not potency dependant like Teebo.

As @Krillion stated, with Phasma, is a guranteed proc with her VM.

• Options
    Zarbax wrote: »
    Santa, you are correct in that you cannot stun the rancor. You can, however, inflict speed down.
    I use Teebo(L), Ewok Elder, Ewok Scout, QGJ and Dengar for raids. Relying on Dengar for speed down is less than ideal, but that's the trade off for having another turn meter-reducing character.
    His base potency is rubbish so any increase you can give him is beneficial. It is a lower priority but still worth trying to add to. As I said before, if you don't need him for speed down, it's not really a concern.

Once you have tenacity down on rancor or captain, potency is irrelevant. Speed down is not going to be dependent on your potency, only on the chance for it to proc and being on the 85% side of the chance to resist (and whatever the dodge chance is).
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Why not replace Elder with Phasma? Missing just 20 shards for Ewok Scout now and that's what I'm gonna try to do soon. Dengar mainly for Potency-Down (+ backup Speed-Down in case Phasma fails), 3 TM-Removers (Teebo, Scout, QGJ) + Phasma for Speed Down and VM which guarantees crit for Dengar. Also VM gives all 3 TM-Removers another opportunity when it's getting close.
  • Options
    I run Crit chance and potency, but I don't run Phasma, so his speed down (which does need potency) will stick.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    Options
    I run Crit chance and potency, but I don't run Phasma, so his speed down (which does need potency) will stick.

Once you have tenacity down you don't need potency
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    Why not replace Elder with Phasma? Missing just 20 shards for Ewok Scout now and that's what I'm gonna try to do soon. Dengar mainly for Potency-Down (+ backup Speed-Down in case Phasma fails), 3 TM-Removers (Teebo, Scout, QGJ) + Phasma for Speed Down and VM which guarantees crit for Dengar. Also VM gives all 3 TM-Removers another opportunity when it's getting close.

I get a lot of TM gains from EE's basic. He's an important part of my setup. :)
    Plus his guaranteed revive is very useful if someone gets stomped to death.
  • Options
    Zeus23 wrote: »

Once you have tenacity down you don't need potency

This is not true. Randy still resists when he has tenacity down.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I use same and almost soloed 3 phases today would post screenshot but don't no how . I have Dengar at 60 per crit chance and 165 speed . My Es is g8 lol great rng today . I just pop dengars aoe first before try speed down . No potency needed that was t7 heroic
  • Zarbax
    256 posts Member
    Options
    Potency isn't so important, but it couldn't hurt to add some. I don't often get a chance to solo huge chunks of the raid, due to our raid rules. I did, however, get the chance to thes other day. I started late so I didn't get to go as far as I could have before the finalisation period ended. Still managed over 5 mil with ease. The raid before, I had horrific RNG and struggled to get much into P2. It's fun, but soooo time consuming. Don't fancy doing it too often haha
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    It's been said above but crit chance is all he needs...
  • Options
    Even with tenacity down, I can't land a single speed down with rengar on piggs ... any ideas ?
  • Zarbax
    256 posts Member
    Options
    Cogito wrote: »
    Even with tenacity down, I can't land a single speed down with rengar on piggs ... any ideas ?
    Potency and persistence. It'll land eventually.

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Crit chance x3 if you have Phasma
    Crit Chance x2 with potency if Rex team
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Looking at all the Mod's for characters, how do you know which ones to use for each character?
  • Options
    Looking at all the Mod's for characters, how do you know which ones to use for each character?
    That's a very general question, with a lot of possible answers. The best place to start is often by looking at their abilities. Some require potency to stick debuffs, some require crit chance to land debuffs. Others need certain speeds so that your team acts in a certain order. On top of that, you can look at their current stats and decide if you want to add health/protection etc, to make them last longer in battle. If you have specific questions, I'm sure peeps will be happy to help.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Just need crit chance for the td once that's on capt or rancor they will have only a 15 per chance to resist no matter what potency level you have on any toon.
  • Options
    Has anybody ever tried dengar in arena? Thinking about sticking him in a scoundrel/rebel team under Lando. With Leia for crit chance up, and obv st Han. Was considering sticking in 88 too and modding so dengar goes before him. Hopefully landing lots of debuffs to power up 88. What do y'all think?
  • Options
    Has anybody ever tried dengar in arena? Thinking about sticking him in a scoundrel/rebel team under Lando. With Leia for crit chance up, and obv st Han. Was considering sticking in 88 too and modding so dengar goes before him. Hopefully landing lots of debuffs to power up 88. What do y'all think?

He's slow, doesn't do squat for damage, and seems to have a poor personality. If you think you can use his kit and win then go for it however there is a reason why you don't see full Scoundrel teams in the arena even with 3 meta toons (88/Lando/STHan).
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

He's slow, doesn't do squat for damage, and seems to have a poor personality. If you think you can use his kit and win then go for it however there is a reason why you don't see full Scoundrel teams in the arena even with 3 meta toons (88/Lando/STHan).

I still think it might be plausible with the right mods/strategy. I have my st Han at over 200 speed, with the Leia crit chance up, dengars debuffs, 88s dmg/ability block and Lando dropping bombs, I think it could be a quick win strat.
  • Options
    I've often considered this. As much as I'd love to run a team with Lando(L), Wiggs, Dengar + 5th, Dengar just hasn't got the goods. Far better to use Ani or one of several other toons in his place. If his damage was buffed in a big way, maybe.