***Future heroes meta! The Empire Strikes Back!!!

Prev13
Hi guys!
As you know on the first places of current meta rank are Lando Calrissian, Wedge Antilles, Biggs Darklighter and Stormtrooper Han. This Rebel squad cause a hudge damage! Why? Because Wedge Antilles leaders ability gives to Rebels + 30% Offence and +10% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit (it is the most important thing). And after taunting start Stormtrooper Han gives +30% Turn Meter to all allies and + 20% Turn Meter when he damaged. And Lando Calrissian cause plenty of damage with his critical hits.
So we must agree that Rebel squad is the best at the current time.
But how for long?
Developers presents two new characters:Shoretrooper and TIE Fighter Pilot.
Shoretrooper gives other allies Critical Hit immunity for 2 turns, has 70% chance to inflict Critical Chance Down on enemies for 3 turns and if he is taunting, after each allies special ability they gains 15% turn meter.
So after appearance of Shoretrooper Rebels Critical Hits become useless.
TIE Fighter Pilot debaffes enemies and gains 10% turn meter for each debaffed enemy and 35% chance to gain foresight for 1 turn!
Remember that we have very strong characters as Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader. And all of these 4 characters belong to Empire.
We know that Emperor Palpatine leaders ability gives to empire eliies +32% potency and max health and whenever an empire ally inflicts a debaff they gain 20% turn meter.
But Shoretrooper, TIE Fighter Pilot, Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader - every one of them cause a debaff!
So as you see it will be strong team inflicting debaffes and stuns and gaining turn meter rather then Rebels!!!
I wanna add to this Empire team Grand Moff Tarkin because he deals special damage to all enemies with 45% chance to remove 70 % of their turn meters and has GREAT special ability against Rebels and good turn meter chance.
So my opinion is that Empire squad including Emperor Palpatine as leader and other members as Darth Vader, TIE Fighter Pilot, Shoretrooper and Grand Moff Tarkin after one-two monthes will be the best squad (against rebels) and new heroes meta.
And what do you think?

Replies

• Cashavelli
    303 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think debaffes are the coolest.
  • Options
    Debaffling
    B_O_S_S_K in SW:G | G O R N in ST:T
  • Options
    I think that when more than 3 people on each shard have a viable Shoretrooper we can revisit this post more seriously
  • Options
    Lucieles wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    As you know on the first places of current meta rank are Lando Calrissian, Wedge Antilles, Biggs Darklighter and Stormtrooper Han. This Rebel squad cause a hudge damage! Why? Because Wedge Antilles leaders ability gives to Rebels + 30% Offence and +10% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit (it is the most important thing). And after taunting start Stormtrooper Han gives +30% Turn Meter to all allies and + 20% Turn Meter when he damaged. And Lando Calrissian cause plenty of damage with his critical hits.
    But how for long?
    Shoretrooper gives other allies Critical Hit immunity for 2 turns, has 70% chance to inflict Critical Chance Down on enemies for 3 turns and if he is taunting, after each allies special ability they gains 15% turn meter.
    TIE Fighter Pilot debaffes enemies and gains 10% turn meter for each debaffed enemy and 35% chance to gain foresight for 1 turn!
    Remember that we have very strong characters as Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader. And all of these 4 characters belong to Empire.
    We know that Emperor Palpatine leaders ability gives to empire eliies +32% potency and max health and whenever an empire ally inflicts a debaff they gain 20% turn meter.
    But Shoretrooper, TIE Fighter Pilot, Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader - every one of them cause a debaff!
    So as you see it will be strong team inflicting debaffes and stuns and gaining turn meter rather then Rebels!!!
    I wanna add to this Empire team Grand Moff Tarkin because he deals special damage to all enemies with 45% chance to remove 70 % of their turn meters and has GREAT special ability against Rebels and good turn meter chance.
    So my opinion is that Empire squad including Emperor Palpatine as leader and other members as Darth Vader, TIE Fighter Pilot, Shoretrooper and Grand Moff Tarkin after one-two monthes will be the best squad (against rebels) and new heroes meta.
    And what do you think?

I remember a few people, months ago, telling everyone to get Empire, as they would eventually rule the game as they did the galaxy (until those pesky rebels fought back). Empire will soon strike back and take their rightful place atop the throne.
  • Options
    Usually if im up against a team with strong debaff abilities, i apply a small baff first. So they waste their debaff on it, and then i baff again. It s all about baff planning.

Baffing is an often overlooked meta, the key to this game really.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    jedi mind trick baffling.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think that when more than 3 people on each shard have a viable Shoretrooper we can revisit this post more seriously

Shoretrooper is viable at 3 stars...It's just that most poeple don't want to gear a 3 star character. My 3 star Shoretrooper has 64K health and protection before Palp lead. He still taunts first, Still survives Wiggs +lando/Anakin, still gets off a second taunt (unless stunned). Granted, he will be better when 7 stars but he does just fine now.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Usually if im up against a team with strong debaff abilities, i apply a small baff first. So they waste their debaff on it, and then i baff again. It s all about baff planning.

Baffing is an often overlooked meta, the key to this game really.

I'm dying Hahahahahahaha
  • Options
    And one more thing:
    i think the developers will open next Emperor Palpatine event at the same time as they will open farming battles in cantina for TIE Fighter Pilot and Shoretrooper. :DDDDDD
  • Options
    And one more thing:
    i think the developers will open next Emperor Palpatine event at the same time as they will open farming battles in cantina for TIE Fighter Pilot and Shoretrooper. :DDDDDD

I just hope they dont narf them
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

With the latest update, he can get an extra 10% potency right away with lvl 80 gear, helping both TM reduction and debuffing. If that's enough to make his TM reduction actually happening, it will perhaps outweigh the flaw in the AI, which makes him use his AoE attack before his AoE debuff.

• Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    And one more thing:

I just hope they dont narf them

Kids a comical genius
  • Options
    I haven't delaughed so much in ages.
  • Options
    I had to search this post,

im crying. def deserves to be bumped up.
    i love OPs genuine enthusiasm here, really..

but Clonespikes u sir, won the internet here
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Agreed, empire will strike back with the release of tie fighter pilot next month plus shoretrooper.

But, if the rumors are true, they won't be long ruling the galaxy. Jedi Luke is coming on december, a promotion together with rogue one movie. He will have a strong leadership for jedis.

So, better Palpatine enjoy his quick reigning. :p
  • Options
    Actually, I imagine he will have a leadership ability for Rebels, not Jedi, since he only met like 3 Jedi in his whole life.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    Actually, I imagine he will have a leadership ability for Rebels, not Jedi, since he only met like 3 Jedi in his whole life.

If he is to be the counter to EP then he would have an ability to favor both Rebels and Jedi in spite of the having met 3 Jedi in his life (Obi-Wan, Yoda and his redeemed father). It may be a increased Evasion + Tenacity type ability as EP's is Evasion Down and Potency Down versus Rebels and Jedi.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm totally BAFFled by this post ...
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • Options
    I can dig it.
  • Options
    To baff, or not to baff, that is the question! Or is it nobler to debaff prior to baffing, or to baff first, before you are debaffed? It's truly baffling!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    I'm bout to go take a baff.
  • Options
    Though this be madness, yet there is baffing in't!
  • Options
    Sir, no! I do not baff my toon at you, sir, but I baff my toon!
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If this nerfing has offended, think but this and all is mended: that we have been baffing here, while these baffles did appear.
  • Options
    This thread needs more baffing, not narfing.
  • Options
    i cant help but feel debaffed by this post.

it was funny, but like most baffs, too much of a good thing can really debaff u.

I dont baff often, but when i do, i baff my E.P.
  • Options
    Hi guys!
    But how for long?
    And what do you think?

You can flush your empire squad down the toilets already for one simple reason it is too slow. The rebel squad will remain supreme because once speed STHan has taunted your empire team will barely have a shot. Something is blatantly broken with STHan TM factory anyway, it keeps on ticking even when STHan taunt is cleared up. His Unique also tick of EP's unique and from dots also shocking him won't change anything. I faced an empire team just like what you described but with RG instead of Tie, a team on steroids MODs wise and it was a complete joke. Shore Trooper was melted down before it could immune to crit, EP accelerated Biggs with both AoE and Unique for back to back assist strikes and other empire units did not even build up TM and died before going anywhere. A complete farce.
  • Options
    Wedge is getting nerfed in next patch.
  • Options
    there once was a thread about baff,
    which made everybody laff,
    they asked for a narf,
    but that made folks barf,
    so thats why my rhyme is so naff
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Options
    Too bad, seems like Lucieless left the building.
    The guy was a prophet.