To all f2p: concerning the tank raid...ignore it.

StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited October 2016
It is a distraction to make you lose focus on your small number of characters.

General Kenobi will be a force to reckon with, but develop teams now that will counter him. Likely not what you've got already but farming 5 new characters is easier than farming the 15-20 more you'll need to take down a tank.

The gear you'll need will be farmable, so just as available as the pesky purple stuff needed to make those 15-20 new raid guys you'd have farmed gear 10. Only you just need 5 characters worth...

Let the whales have Kenobi just like they have Rex and move on to acceptance.
Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on

Replies

• Options
    Kenobi and Yoda are going something that this game a never seen. It's going to be a real meta. It's gonna shred Wiggs droids clones palpatin and anything else you can imagine. I think the rewards are worth it seeing as he will be viable at 5 stars it won't take long.
  • Options
    Sorry, Raid? What Raid?
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Kenobi and Yoda are going something that this game a never seen. It's going to be a real meta. It's gonna shred Wiggs droids clones palpatin and anything else you can imagine. I think the rewards are worth it seeing as he will be viable at 5 stars it won't take long.

Are you in a f2p guild that can beat a heroic tank? If so, rock on. Most f2p guilds won't be able to, it seems.
  • Options
    That's not a bad point you make, but which five toons do you think can actually counter a kenobi meta? Sounds good in theory but can it actually work?
  • Options
    I'm coming up on a year in this game F2P... I think I'll take mt chances
  • Options

Are you in a f2p guild that can beat a heroic tank? If so, rock on. Most f2p guilds won't be able to, it seems.

My guild has some F2P some whales and some in between. We are probably about a month away from beating heroic but we should finish like 3 T6 raids in the mean time. Kanobi is going to take a long time to get but once he hits the arena it's gonna be all Jedi.
  • Options

Hmmm....Lando drops bombs with crits all over, Kenobi's passive works it's magic granting crit hit immunity, Ventress takes away all the buffs before Lando's next turn...Lando drops even crazier bombs....

Shock and Ability Block are still things to hinder Kenobi himself...

My current team only needs one new character (it's Ventress or B2) then it's going to continue business as usual.

Now I'll grant you that on offense Kenobi lead will be unstoppable, but not a necessity to win.
  • Options
    By then we will have a whole slate of Rogue One characters. As the best selling book in all the universe has printed on it's cover, Don't Panic.
  • Options
    Firman wrote: »
    That's not a bad point you make, but which five toons do you think can actually counter a kenobi meta? Sounds good in theory but can it actually work?

Lando lead
    STH
    Old Ben
    Palpatine
    B2 or Ventress

Those awesome things he does are buffs. Buffs can be globally removed.

This gets whooped on if Kenobi is on the offense, but it's not as if Kenobi is unbeatable.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Every time there is a new toon everyone says he will be a game changer without knowing anything

People already forgot about shoretrooper by the way...
  • Options
    By then we will have a whole slate of Rogue One characters. As the best selling book in all the universe has printed on it's cover, Don't Panic.

Exactly. Those are the guys I'm looking forward to. And it just adds more options to the existing ones that can work to beat Kenobi.
  • Options
    I think it's hilarious that everyone is talking about how meta and OP Kenobi is and nobody has even unlocked him yet...
  • Options
    Every time there is a new toon everyone says he will be a game changer without knowing anything

It's important to note that most of the time people are on here they are under some delusion that there is some unbeatable AI controlled team. Kenobi and company will not be unbeatable when AI is running them.
  • Options

It's important to note that most of the time people are on here they are under some delusion that there is some unbeatable AI controlled team. Kenobi and company will not be unbeatable when AI is running them.

I have you seen the videos of him and his absurd abilities. Reverse all debuffs. Call allies to assist dealing 60% damage. Grant foresight all over. Lando can't crit if Yoda and Obi wan always have foresight up.
  • Options
    The key is to bring back palpatine around the time where people are getting 7* Kenobis. Anyone that missed out the palpatine event will get completely messed over by Kenobi. Or just throw in your old ben to trigger their dodge flashbacks, and make them quit.
  • Options
    The key is to bring back palpatine around the time where people are getting 7* Kenobis. Anyone that missed out the palpatine event will get completely messed over by Kenobi. Or just throw in your old ben to trigger their dodge flashbacks, and make them quit.

Old Ben. Palp.

Reverse debuffs.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    ...ignore it. It is a distraction to make you lose focus on your small number of characters.

General Kenobi will be a force to reckon with, but develop teams now that will counter him. Likely not what you've got already but farming 5 new characters is easier than farming the 15-20 more you'll need to take down a tank.

The gear you'll need will be farmable, so just as available as the pesky purple stuff needed to make those 15-20 new raid guys you'd have farmed gear 10. Only you just need 5 characters worth...

By Farmable I assume you mean via LS/DS missions.... as most ftp players do not consider buying gear for crystals as farmable.....
    I will just leave these two pictures....

And no there is no slider there
    ST4be2U.jpg

21KQB06.jpg
  • Options

My guild has some F2P some whales and some in between. We are probably about a month away from beating heroic but we should finish like 3 T6 raids in the mean time. Kanobi is going to take a long time to get but once he hits the arena it's gonna be all Jedi.

Which will be a perfect time to bring back the Empire event, and a new Sith (or Empire, but leaning Sith) toon with anti-jedi tools to take advantage. :P
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    ...ignore it. It is a distraction to make you lose focus on your small number of characters.

By Farmable I assume you mean via LS/DS missions.... as most ftp players do not consider buying gear for crystals as farmable.....

ST4be2U.jpg

21KQB06.jpg

If a f2p can't save crystals then what hope do they have in this game? Pretty sure in the 3-5 days it takes to defeat a tank for random gear a shrewd f2p would be filling gear slots.
  • Options

I have you seen the videos of him and his absurd abilities. Reverse all debuffs. Call allies to assist dealing 60% damage. Grant foresight all over. Lando can't crit if Yoda and Obi wan always have foresight up.

We can tit-for-tat 'til we get video proof, but Yoda will Battle Meditation, my STH taunt, my Lando bomb, Kenobi's passives trigger, Ventress removes those and tenacity up, Old Ben Ability Blocks everyone (Kenobi too!), EP shocks Kenobi, the Ability Blocked Jedi take turns hitting my STH until my Lando rains down his bombs again...

Foresight is a buff...that can be globally removed...honestly you can't theory craft a Kenobi team that will always win on Defense. He's awesome, I'm glad the whales are getting something awesome for carrying this game financially, but I refuse to be afraid of or chase after Kenobi.

Good luck in your Raids!
  • Options

Old Ben. Palp.

Reverse debuffs.

Ability Block
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

ST4be2U.jpg

21KQB06.jpg

If a f2p can't save crystals then what hope do they have in this game? Pretty sure in the 3-5 days it takes to defeat a tank for random gear a shrewd f2p would be filling gear slots.

I am all good with saving crystals for gear.

Just wanted the info to be clear. Many consider farmable LS/DS/Cantina so reading all the gear is "farmable" could be misleading.

To finish gearing characters you will need to run the tank raid or spend crystals.
  • Options

ST4be2U.jpg

21KQB06.jpg

I am all good with saving crystals for gear.

Just wanted the info to be clear. Many consider farmable LS/DS/Cantina so reading all the gear is "farmable" could be misleading.

To finish gearing characters you will need to run the tank raid or spend crystals.

It will be troublesome until people get to 85 because they will need their crystals to level but then it should be pretty easy to save up